Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ice Elements Edelweiss serum is incredible!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Cutiedragon
5% products discount

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this serum for a few weeks and the results are actually so good for me that it is scary. Very Happy I have seen improvement like I have never seen from a skincare product, especially on my neck. I am waiting for IE to be on hsn again because this product sold out so fast as a host pick. There is a lot of people on Ebay paying top dollar for the sample bottles! Holy smokes! I highly recommend this serum, if you can be lucky enough to purchase it when IE is on again this month.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Cutiedragon please give us more details of these results!! Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Cutiedragon - I keep watching the IE boards but I'm still confused as to when this is coming out. Is it officially going to be available for order 11/21, or when? I'm dying to try this one as well and unfortunately missed out on getting the sample from HSN. Crying or Very sad
Cutiedragon
5% products discount

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL, I have been applying it all over my face but really concentrating on my neck and forehead lines (across my forehead) Honestly, I didn't expect miracles because I have used other neck creams. In two weeks it is like my neck is firm, FOR SURE more then it ever has been. My lines just look smooth in to my skin. I just feel better! Very Happy

TAMgirl99, I know I know, we have to wait until Nov. 20 & 21. Crying or Very sad The scheduled dates and times are listed at iceelements website. It will probably sell out so fast!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cutiedragon Smile I visited the Ice Elements website but couldn't find the Edelweiss serum...I could only find "anti-aging serum" and "acne serum" (??) - strange....does it go by any other name? I don't know....maybe my aging eyes are failing me! Shock Also: what else are you using with this serum that I can't seem to find Wink you sound so excited - I'd love to hear more about your great results!! I've been eyeing this line for a while and I'm very curious - thanks! Very Happy
Pudoodles
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Cutiedragon Smile I visited the Ice Elements website but couldn't find the Edelweiss serum...I could only find "anti-aging serum" and "acne serum" (??) - strange....does it go by any other name? I don't know....maybe my aging eyes are failing me! Shock Also: what else are you using with this serum that I can't seem to find Wink you sound so excited - I'd love to hear more about your great results!! I've been eyeing this line for a while and I'm very curious - thanks! Very Happy
Pudoodles

It's not been released yet so your eyes are not failing you! Laughing The release date isn't until 11/20 when it airs on HSN. They sold a few samples in October but they went quick so now we all just have to wait unfortunately. Also, I just purchased the rejuvenating kit for normal/dry skin and should get it today. I wanted to go ahead and try their main products as well so I recommend that you look at their kits too. They have some "try-me" sizes if you don't want to invest in the full-size. HTH.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tamgirl Very Happy I thought I was losing it! There is a try me kit on the Canadian Shopping Channel so I think I'll order it Very Happy
Pudoodles
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Thanks Tamgirl Very Happy I thought I was losing it! There is a try me kit on the Canadian Shopping Channel so I think I'll order it Very Happy
Pudoodles

Make sure you check out the size of each product in the "try-me" kits and do a comparison. I know some people were saying that the kits on HSN were really small compared to the kits on the IE site, so it was a better deal to buy through IE. I'm not sure about the Canadian SC though.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try a few of these products, as well. My understanding is the cleanser is Ph-balanced but I'd like to further investigate. I also found a sample of the Edelweiss serum on eBay and, of course, overpayed but I'm very interested in the neck line results.

Mine are not bad at all but bothersome, nonetheless. CPs have helped with thickening and health but I want them gone! Smile

I will have to do some further research as to when I can incorporate these in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I'm going to try a few of these products, as well. My understanding is the cleanser is Ph-balanced but I'd like to further investigate. I also found a sample of the Edelweiss serum on eBay and, of course, overpayed but I'm very interested in the neck line results.

Mine are not bad at all but bothersome, nonetheless. CPs have helped with thickening and health but I want them gone! Smile

Yeah! I'm glad your trying some of their products too. We can compare results. I'm also so jealous that you got your hands on the Edelweiss serum. I've got a couple of neck lines I'd like to eliminate myself, so please keep us posted! The real reason I want to try it is because I've read that this also really helps with those pesky lines above the lip (aka smokers lines, although I am not a smoker). I've tried about everything for them and hope this will work for me like it has for others. Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients in this one?!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Cutiedragon,

What is your skin type, age, specific challenges, etc? This info. would help folks see if the Eidelweiss would be appropriate for them. Very Happy Thanks!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Yeah! I'm glad your trying some of their products too. We can compare results. I'm also so jealous that you got your hands on the Edelweiss serum. I've got a couple of neck lines I'd like to eliminate myself, so please keep us posted! The real reason I want to try it is because I've read that this also really helps with those pesky lines above the lip (aka smokers lines, although I am not a smoker). I've tried about everything for them and hope this will work for me like it has for others. Very Happy

Well, I have to say that I am so far very impressed with Frankie and Shelley. I received a call from Frankie because he wanted to tell me that they were out of the normal Anti-Aging Serum but were going to substitute the professional-labled one instead (same product). He also offered to try to get the order out for a Friday delivery (couldn't guarantee it but I appreciated the offer to try). Afterward, I wanted to chat about the products I'm using and what I am unwilling to give up and so on. Shelley phoned me back and we probably talked for a good 15-20 minutes. We discussed Ph levels (they are right on board with what I follow) and not using detergents; we also talked about the Acne Serum (which could take the place of my BHA and possibly mandelic - don't think I'd give that up, though) and I asked, if they had samples (they do not) and since my order was rather large, she added that at no charge! Holy smokes, I was surprised!

She said the Edelweiss working on neck firming came as a surprise because it was created for a nighttime treatment but she is very pleased it is doing such a nice job for everyone. I am looking forward to trying this, especially.

My skin is pissy because I did a strong spot treatment w/Super Cop 2x on my cheek acne scars because I'm seeing quite a bit of remodeling and I wanted to kick it into higher gear! I need to let it calm down now so I used PSF O2 spray after HA and my Baby Q. Things are already calmer.

So, I will try some experimentation and we can compare notes, TamGirl. Sound good?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
So, I will try some experimentation and we can compare notes, TamGirl. Sound good?

That's a plan! Very Happy I can't wait to get home and get started with my goodies.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Pudoodles

I got a generous sample of the eye cream and it felt very nice around my eye area. It is sort of a mix of gel and cream and the texture felt light and cool.
I would not buy it because I did not feel any firming affects but I think this would be perfect for someone with oily skin because it does not feel heavy.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am still not real sure what this product is doing for yall? Some firming of neck? and flatter lines? Are lines going away or just smoothing out, and don't get me wrong, smoothing out is great, but I am just confused here. And what about rest of face?
Thanks

Melissa
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl - I am also very impressed with Shelley. She is a lovely lady and goes to a lot of trouble for her customers.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:28 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is that IE developed Edelweis Serum for deeper lines and wrinkles. (They already have an anti-aging serum.) You use it on your face and neck, and I assume you can use it around the eyes as well. I *think* they are developing an Edelweis cream and an eye product as well, but I don't know.

The Edelweis serum has not been widely available yet, but from what I understand IE suggests that people might want to use it at night and then use the regular anti-aging serum during the day. But I guess some people use the Edelweis serum night and day. It's not available on the IE site or at HSN yet--I hear some people are selling their serums on ebay.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the products, I have to confess. Right now I'm trying the 2 Minute Miracle exfoliator and the anti-aging serum. It's just been a few days and so far so good, but too soon to tell much.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Scalawag -- did they happen to specifically state the pH of the cleanser (I'm assuming you're trying the gel cleanser, right?).

I've pretty much accepted that glycolics/mandelic/Vit A are the only way to go for me, but I'm always on the hunt for my HG cleanser!!! And, of course, eye cream that doesn't cost the equivalent of my monthly mortgage payment.

Also -- I don't get antarcticine...it sounds basically like a humectant (ie: HA, etc). What do you think?

The IE Illumineyes serum sounds very much like the DY DCX serum (rice bran, soy proteins, etc), except the IE Has aloe vera and the other is HA based.

The blueberry mask sounds great.

I've got samples of the 2 Min Miracle stuff. It's nice, but, as we've talked about before, my skin prefers a gentle washcloth when I have stubborn flakes resultant from my acids.

I'm thinking this might be a nice kit for my DH - he's a cleanse/tone/moisturize kind of guy, but I've gotta keep it simple for him Wink . I was going to get him the ZenB stuff, but this might be a better bet. His skin is sensitive and I'd like his cleanser to be pH balanced. The Devita dried him out.

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
Scalawag -- did they happen to specifically state the pH of the cleanser (I'm assuming you're trying the gel cleanser, right?).

I've pretty much accepted that glycolics/mandelic/Vit A are the only way to go for me, but I'm always on the hunt for my HG cleanser!!! And, of course, eye cream that doesn't cost the equivalent of my monthly mortgage payment.

Also -- I don't get antarcticine...it sounds basically like a humectant (ie: HA, etc). What do you think?

The IE Illumineyes serum sounds very much like the DY DCX serum (rice bran, soy proteins, etc), except the IE Has aloe vera and the other is HA based.

The blueberry mask sounds great.

I've got samples of the 2 Min Miracle stuff. It's nice, but, as we've talked about before, my skin prefers a gentle washcloth when I have stubborn flakes resultant from my acids.

I'm thinking this might be a nice kit for my DH - he's a cleanse/tone/moisturize kind of guy, but I've gotta keep it simple for him Wink . I was going to get him the ZenB stuff, but this might be a better bet. His skin is sensitive and I'd like his cleanser to be pH balanced. The Devita dried him out.

Marla

Marla, I don't recall the exact Ph number though Shelly did say it was close to that of skin (5.5 or so). I posted a Q to verify for you and will report back. They are so responsive over there that I'm sure we'll have an answer today. I, too, like an alternative to Devita for the winter, especially. My Montréal trip dried my skin out terribly! It's back to normal but I had to back off of EVERYTHING because I was so flaky. Oh, and I am trying out both the gel and the refining cleanser (though this will be only a few times a week in the PM).

Here is a thread on the Ice Elements board that discusses antarcticine. I am once again impressed by the amount of detail Shelly provides. It is very thorough and exact: http://www.iceelements.com/msg-board/viewtopic.php?t=1159&highlight=antarcticine:

During my discussion w/Shelly, she suggested that I focus more on my retinoid use (be more aggressive) for the significant turnover it can provide. I am currently using Vivant Exfol-A with no problems (dryness, etc.) and I will give it more time to see whether this is a better route than focusing on the strong BHAs. Perhaps, I will go back down to 2% BHA/Mandelic but this is up in the air because I'm going to test out the Acne Serum. I love Mandelic so much that I can't imagine giving it up for anything else. Maybe I will continue to use it, anyway. Wink

I have not ordered the Blueberry Mask or normal eye cream as I wanted to test out the initial items first. Oh, hold on, I will have the eye cream that I bought from a user on eBay so I can test that out, as well. I tried PSF's eye cream in a sample (still am using it, lasts a long time) and I really like it. Cellcosmet was nice, too, but the price is outrageous so I will not order the full size. I like PSF's consistency much better. I'll keep you posted on the eye cream and what I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I received a response from Shelly:

Normal, healthy skin is at a level of between 4 and 6.5. Believe it or not, most cleansers in the United States are at a pH of 9.5 to 10.5. Our cleansers are balanced at a level between 4.0 and 5.5 (we offer 5 versions of cleansers). Ph balance of a cleanser will vary or change slightly on each individual's skin dependent on their level of oil, surface bacteria, the acid mantle of their skin, whether they have dermatitis, dry skin etc.

That said, I am very happy and hopefully, my skin will agree!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, my products didn't arrive yesterday as the delivery date had stated, but Frankie told me that those dates aren't always 100% correct and that I should have it today at the very latest. Unfortunately, I'm leaving straight from work to go to the lake and I won't be back until Monday night (I'm having a colonoscopy Monday but that's a whole other story!) so I won't get them until then. Crying or Very sad I did tell my roommate to check the porch for me today in case they get left there. My next door neighbor was burglarized yesterday so I don't want my package sitting out for grabs all weekend. They actually went into his backyard and busted down his back door! Shock Fortunately, I have an alarm system and it's clearly posted (which they do not) so I'm sure that deterred them from breaking into my house...at least I hope. Anxious
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
i'm looking forward to more reviews on the Edelweis Serum. I've been eyeing that since it was announced at the IE site. The price is reasonable but I've bought soooo many products that weren't right for my skin, or I just didn't like for some reason. Keep me posted please!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I received a response from Shelly:

Normal, healthy skin is at a level of between 4 and 6.5. Believe it or not, most cleansers in the United States are at a pH of 9.5 to 10.5. Our cleansers are balanced at a level between 4.0 and 5.5 (we offer 5 versions of cleansers). Ph balance of a cleanser will vary or change slightly on each individual's skin dependent on their level of oil, surface bacteria, the acid mantle of their skin, whether they have dermatitis, dry skin etc.

That said, I am very happy and hopefully, my skin will agree!

Very cool!
Okay - I'm ordering a trial pack for my DH and gel cleanser for me. Maybe I'll go ahead and order the eye cream. Right now I'm using samples of the ISC and the Cellcosmet. Both are nice but (for me) aren't worth the price tag.

I have both the Oxy Toner and the 02 product from ZenB on their way to me now.

I've also been using the Exfol A (alternating nights with the ISC Active). I love how it just sinks in -- no greasy mess on my skin (like with SkinC Retinol, Green Cream, etc). I still have a couple tubes of Tazorac gel but am looking for collagen building without dealing the Rx Vit A side effects.

I'm curious to hear about the Acne Serum. Although, like you, it would take a LOT for me to give up MA!!!

Marla

5% products discount

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
debbied, I know you will not be dissapointed with this serum. it is simply fab!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |