Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mario Badescu anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone on here use their products? I use the Healing and soothing mask which I'm really starting to love. They've sent me some samples and
I like the Enzyme cleansing gel and I've fallen in love with the AhA & Ceramide moisturizer.

I see alot of celebs use their products and if you go to the website and fill out a skincare analysis they will send you some free samples.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Enzyme Cleansing Gel and the Buffering Lotion. I'm intrigued by the new acne products they came out with several months back. The samples are very generous and overall, I think they have a great sample program.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried ALOT of MB...I don't particularly like their toners or cleansers (I like foaming).

The stuff I do like:

Buffering Lotion (Good to spot treat during the day)
Drying Cream (very inexpensive and works well)
Drying Lotion (Can't be beat when it comes to shrinking pimples..whiteheads)
Silver Powder (EXCELLENT at clearing pores on and around the nose...love this stuff)

All work on acne. I have all four and these are the only things that I will repurchase from them.
I wasted too much money on all their other products for me to try to get back into the line more extensively. I tested their sample program...I ordered from them twice, one went to my house, the other to my office. I didn't get the same recommendations on both (I filled these out only a day apart). I'm not sure how they go about recommending...I think it's just whoever gets your questionnaire and what they feel might work for you.

But I'm glad you are liking some of their products. I have friends that swear by their Enzyme cleansing gel (this seems to be one of the most popular products).

xoxo!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Buffering Lotion, Drying Cream and Drying Lotion for the past month or so. I've waited to use the Drying lotion until a whitehead appears (like the instructions say) but I never noticed it did much. The whitehead would still be there after 2-3 days of applying it nightly. Then I tried putting in on at night and during the day (while I'm at home) and no difference. After 2-3 day I usually give up and pop the whitehead. So far not too crazy about it compared to the good things I've heard about it. I'll keep using it until the bottle's empty or until I find something else.

I like the Drying cream and it's cheap too. The color of it works great as a concealer with my skin tone. But I don't think it's made for that. If you don't rub it in completely then it'll start flaking. But after rubbing it in it seems to tone down the redness a bit. But it's not a concealer.

The buffering lotion really helps repair broken skin. I have bad blemishes that break skin and flake all over the place. Over night there's a noticable difference after using it. Scabs heal and fall off much quicker too. I really really like this stuff! Very Happy
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thanks for the reviews guys Smile . I may have to go ahead and purchase that silver powder. Anyone tried the kiwi or strawberry scrub?
summer1
5% products discount

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
The kiwi scrub smells delicious... and the drying lotion is a miracle.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I haven't yet used any of their products, but the silver powder and the drying lotion sound great! I went to their website and took the skin analysis questionnaire and they are going to send me some samples - very cool! The enzyme cleanser sounds great, so I hope that's included with the samples.

I cannot believe how many celebs use his products - that's really amazing.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I recently recieved samples of the Strawberry scrub, drying cream,drying mask, eye cream and some cleansers and moisturizers. I put the drying cream on a cystic like pimple that I recently got on my neck and when I woke up it was just about gone! Shock. The strawberry scrub didn't seem like it was going to do too much exfoliating because it didn't have alot of scrubbies in it, so I added some epsom salt. I will definitely be purchasing that scrub. I am absolutely shocked at how smooth and soft it left my skin (I mean I cannot stop touching my face).

Next time I'm in New York City I'm gonna schedule an appointment for a facial with them.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I like Mario Badescu products. The ingredient lists are generally short and sweet and the prices very reasonable. Their eye make up remover is my new favorite and I love the Cellufirm Drops. I also like the Drying Lotion and the Grapefruit Toner and there is an enzyme peel mask - can't quite remember the name...
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I used the Enzyme cleansing gel for a while and a couple different moistuizers and night creams...none of the moisturizers really worked for me. From what I remember they were either too heavy or too light so I ended up giving them all away. I still use the herbal recovery serum and it has gotten me out of some really dry situations. Overall I like the line...the price is right and it seems like a lot of celebs like it too.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the drying lotion and the Kate Somerville version and other than "feeling" the drying sensation - notice no difference in healing.

It does seem to shrink a pimple that has a whitehead but I still end up popping.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the control cream/control lotion? supposedly it helps with redness and flaky skin, which plagues me around my nose.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I've used the drying lotion and the Kate Somerville version and other than "feeling" the drying sensation - notice no difference in healing.

It does seem to shrink a pimple that has a whitehead but I still end up popping.

I was beginning to think I was the only one that wasn't crazy about the drying lotion. I still end up popping the whiteheads too. They might not get as big when using the drying lotion but I've waiting 3-4 days before popping so I don't think it'll make them actally go away.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like the Drying Lotion either. I ended up swapping it. The Buffering Lotion works for me the way I'd hoped the Drying Lotion would have.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy it? I'm interested in the pimple drying lotion although I think there's a dead ringer for it somewhere else.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.mariobadescu.com/

I just got some more samples in the mail today and they sent me everything I asked for and then some. I ordered the full size enzyme cleanser and Glycolic cleanser Very Happy .

These are the samples I got

Strawberry tonic mask
Whitening Mask
Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Seaweed Cleansing Lotion (and another Cleansing lotion I forgot the name)
Some moisturizers
Citrus Body Cleanser Body Wash -I love this! a little goes a long way, it lathers very well and it doesn't leave your skin dry and ashy. It has a light citrusy smell.
Seaweed night cream.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow that's a lot of samples! Very generous. I bought MB at Nordstrom's. If possible, I like to buy from a physical store the first time I'm looking for something new. But I'll definately reorder online from MB.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:43 am      Reply with quote
i love the Enyzme Cleanser, Drying Mask and Drying Cream,cuz they take care of my breakout fast.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I just love this Glycolic cleanser. I think it may be better than the Enzyme Cleanser. I'm using both of them though, one at night and one in the morning.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |