Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Which brand of Emu oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
So, I'm back to using CPs and I ordered a sample of Emu oil from Skincarecentral.biz. It's Ultra emu oil by LB Processors.

I'm wondering if Dremu (on EDS) is better? It's definitely a LOT more expensive.

Or, I could order emu oil from Skinbio where I get the CPs. Their emu oil is mixed with ubiquinone and vitamin E, so, of course the price is least expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I like LB's Ultra Emu.
I believe they supply DREMU with Emu Oil.
I was not enamoured with SB's Emu Oil.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered DrEmu and am a little confused. I keep hearing that Dremu is supplied by LB, but the LB oil has Vit E in it and Dremu claims there are no preservatives or added ingredients? Am worried because Vit E causes breakouts in alot of people. I ordered the Dremu because of their claim to not have any added ingredients. Can someone clear up the confusion?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I have used SB Emu, and LB.

I don't like SB, so much though its okay. But the additives make it a bit smellier then I like. It is a good effective product. I get antioxidants from other skincae products I use, so I am not missing out not using those.

LB is fairly scent free, but costly. Though all versions are good. (I have used a few different ones from them) Never had breakout issues from it. The Vit E level is a low amount, and would not be a problem for most people.

Normally though I just buy a cheaper version of plain 100% refined Emu from online sources. It is cheaper, works just as well for me.
www.moutainroseherbs.com www.gardenofwisdom.com www.iherb.com

or other sources, depending on where I am buying from at the time.

Usually it is a cheaper single refined 100% Emu oil product so may have a faint scent and a bit of grit, but it is not an issue for me, especially if you mix it with other oils or products. I usually only use straight Emu in winter when skin is dryer, or if I get some irritation occasionally.

If mixed with a few drops of water in hand, and applied to damp skin it absorbs fine for me. Though I generally Mix it with my other facial oil blend fromwww.ifeelpretty.com or mix it with a home made blend of Jojoba and Hazelnut oil. (and a few spritz of water or DMAE A/O serum from I feel Pretty)

Mixing Emu with Jojoba, will preserve it very well, because Jojoba has an almost infinite shelf life and will stabilize other oils blended with it..

But you can easily pour some Emu in a small bottle for bathroom use and store the rest in the fridge , it will stay good for a year easily this way. (or mine always has done so) (I have used Emu for a few years now, never had spoilage issue)

By mixing with water you increase blend ability. But I prefer to mix with the AO/DMAE mix and apply. This gives me anti oxidants and DMAE and EMU all in one simple step, and gives good absorption.
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I used SB emu oil for a couple years and it is good emu oil. I just recently bought the LB ultra emu oil and i like it better. I bought it in bulk from fromnaturewithlove. I bought a quart last time but next time i will buy a gallon. It has vitamin e in it as a preservative and stabilizer. Greg
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I use ultra emu from LB and like it.
dragonfruit
5% products discount

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
i like the ultra from LB as well. but i need to add a drop of eo to mask the funny smell from the oil.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoy three different emu oils -

definately the ultra - a creamy texture. i think everyone should try this.

clear emu - great cosmetically, it seems to absorb faster and at one time I was using this exclusively in the am under makeup.

sb's emu - to me, it's the most healing of the bunch. i wasn't using this for a while, and just purchased some more - like it. it is a bit "greasier' than the others and left me a bit shiny under makeup, but I love to put this one on my face at night - or anytime I need a bit more healing.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the emu oil because of the raves I've seen over it. I bought the Dremu from EDS and absolutely love it!!! I've been using it for just over a week now and my skin is just drinking it up. I wouldn't be without it.
Pudoodles
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
I enjoy three different emu oils -

definately the ultra - a creamy texture. i think everyone should try this.

clear emu - great cosmetically, it seems to absorb faster and at one time I was using this exclusively in the am under makeup.

sb's emu - to me, it's the most healing of the bunch. i wasn't using this for a while, and just purchased some more - like it. it is a bit "greasier' than the others and left me a bit shiny under makeup, but I love to put this one on my face at night - or anytime I need a bit more healing.

No doubt that the sb emu oil is very healing. It is more greasy than the ultra. It may indeed be more healing than the ultra because it is less processed. I will have to use the ultra awhile longer to be sure which one is better. Greg
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm probably one of the few who prefers LB Processors' clear emu oil over the Ultra, but I think of all the emu oils, theirs is the highest quality.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I purchased the emu oil because of the raves I've seen over it. I bought the Dremu from EDS and absolutely love it!!! I've been using it for just over a week now and my skin is just drinking it up. I wouldn't be without it.
Pudoodles

I've tried a lot of different brands, but keep going back to the Dremu. It may be a little "overpriced" but is the only one I've used that completely sinks into my skin, leaving my face quite matte. The other ones still seem to leave that bit of greasiness on my face, at least on me anyway! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks sporty, After waffling around trying to decide...I think I'll try Dremu. It's the easiest one for me to get and the 'sinks right in & leaves a matte ' comment cemented it. We're the same age & have oily skin, so I hope it works for we too.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone ever heard of, or tried Purple Emu? I'm considering the Blemish Control stuff.

http://www.purpleemu.com/
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Thanks sporty, After waffling around trying to decide...I think I'll try Dremu. It's the easiest one for me to get and the 'sinks right in & leaves a matte ' comment cemented it. We're the same age & have oily skin, so I hope it works for we too.

I hope so too, although I must add that my face is much more oily in the summer, and so is a little "drier" right now too. That may make a difference, I'm not sure... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
I just ordered DrEmu and am a little confused. I keep hearing that Dremu is supplied by LB, but the LB oil has Vit E in it and Dremu claims there are no preservatives or added ingredients? Am worried because Vit E causes breakouts in alot of people. I ordered the Dremu because of their claim to not have any added ingredients. Can someone clear up the confusion?

Hi FaithTruth - Afraid I can't clear up the confusion. I see what you mean they do claim it's 100% emu and nothing else and I don't think they'd be able to lie on ingredients labels.
The fact that Dremu is made by LB Processors is something that I first read over onwww.theskincareboard.com but it was never really justified. Maybe LB Processors do supply Dremu (it certainly sounds like the triple refined Ultra Emu) but without the Vit E or maybe it's just a rumour.
There are quite a few SCB users here these days. Does anyone know any more about it?
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I read that Australian Emu oil is superior to American Emu oil. Does anyone know if this is true?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
The fact that Dremu is made by LB Processors is something that I first read over onwww.theskincareboard.com but it was never really justified. Maybe LB Processors do supply Dremu (it certainly sounds like the triple refined Ultra Emu) but without the Vit E or maybe it's just a rumour.

I've wondered about this myself I keep hearing it repeated on forums but wondered if it's just another one of those internet rumours Question
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Marci65, I ordered my first emu oil purchase from purleemu and liked it quite a bit. I also ordered their lip balm and use it everyday. Since I'd never used emu oil before I ordered a sm. amt.-1oz, it came in a pump type bottle-it's called pure refined. The next order I tried another co-Emu Essence Naturals pure emu oil. Of the two I like the purpleemu oil better. HTH.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |