Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why MMU?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Just saw a comment makeupfiend made about MMU clogging pores on another thread.

I've been wondering for some time now what the point of MMU is, but was too embarassed to say.. Laughing

I'd assumed that it was less likely to clog pores than the typical chemical made liquid foundation...but if people have problems with clogged pores..then that can't be it..so why MMU..?!!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I think that it sepends on personal taste and how it feels on your skin. I myself tried JI and hated it.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like MMU better because it feels lighter, looks more natural, and actually helps any hormonal acne I may have to heal faster. That's just my personal experience with it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I switched to MMU years back and will NEVER go back to liquids. Yuck, double yuck.

The reason I use MMU is that there are normally limited ingredients (saves reactivity for me = no breakouts), it's light-feeling, and looks very natural. The trick (and I am still battling this) is to find a good color match with the finish you personally like. Many are also very allergic to bismuth oxide (as in Bare Minerals).

I have used Aromaleigh (nice, very matte but impossible to find a color match even though they have many, many colors - turned out to be a major pain), True Cosmetics (love it but the color is too light), Jane Iredale (hated the liquid but like the loose powder though color match is still an issue), Alima (too matte for me but a good color match) and I'm getting sample of UGloGirl (customer service is great so we shall see).

Right now, I use True Medium #1 (too light and a tad pink) with a dusting of Jane Iredale loose in Golden Glow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the time I prefer MMU besides it's faster to blend and I don't get "as oily" and although it doesn't necessary soak up oil - I feel like I'm dripping foundation when I use liquid.

I tried JI, BE and Youngblood almost 10 years ago and hated them because it left my shiny and it was difficult to color match ... I was always mixing.

Now, there are so many choices out there that AREN'T shiny. Right now I use JLynne and PureLuxe but want to try Alima.

That said, I do like Smashbox's liquid tinted moisturizer during the summer because it makes your face feel really cool. Sometimes I'll use this under MMU just to get the cool, tingly feeling.

And I like Illuminare liquid MMU. That stuff doesn't budge through anything. Traditional budgeproof liquids like Colorstay will come off with sweat/oil and (believe me) makes a huge mess when it literally melts off your face (yuck). But liquid MMU doesn't melt with sweat/oil.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Why MMU? Simple; once you have a colour match and get the idea of how to apply your skin looks fabulous. I don't have great skin but when I wear MMU it looks like I do.

For example I woke up today with red blotchiness. I am VERY prone to reacting to anything. So I cleansed, moisturized and then sunscreen (Always).
I applied two thin layers of MMU and then EDM concealer around nose and on the blotchy red spots. You would not know that just minutes ago I had all this redness. I get great coverage but it looks natural; almost flawless.

I am really sold on MMU. I am a regular on Mineral Makeup Mania (delphi forums). Once you try MMU and find your "niche" it is really addictive with ordering samples, trying new lines, etc....but lots of fun.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Why I like MMU->
- natural ingredients
- natural sunscreen
- once you've mastered the application technique, goes on foolproof, and easier to achieve a good finish than a liquid
- beautiful finish

I have to say that i am one of those people who had a love/hate relationship with MMU..I would get tons of clogged pores, blackheads and in some cases just plain irritation from MMU which had a high content of mica and bismuth oxychloride. I almost gave up on MMU, but didn't want to without a fight, since I loved the way it made my skin look (even toned, radiant, smooth). I would never have found my HG MMU Alima if it weren't for EDS and the ladies who reviewed it. It is bismuth-free and only has mica as the third ingredient. No irritation and great looking skin! Like others who have found MMU that worked for them, i'm never going back to other forms of foundation.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I loooove MMU and will never go back to traditional liquid or creme foundations. Why?

- fewer ingredients --> less chance of breaking out and clogging pores. Although, this might depend on your skin and the brand you're using. I like Everyday Minerals a lot.
- Feels light on my skin
- Lasts forever (liquid fdtn. would start looking "tired" at a certain point) and doesn't need to be touched up as much
- Keeps my oily t-zone matter
- Gives me a really natural, glowy look--like my skin but better
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there D . . .
I second the rave for MMU. I use ID bare essentuals and just found Glo minerlas for lip and some eye products. Wow! This stuff does not clog my pores like the evil MAC MU did! I think it depends on the person. Also, I think MMU is better for oily skin and not meant for dry skin. One just has to try it out for themselves and see if it clogs ornot. Plus, you've got to use a good cleansing regiumine! Remember the advise you gave me not long ago about PTR calming chamomille??? It is a blessing! Why have I NOT had a single break out in five weeks??? Yes . . .PTR baby! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |