Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Please watch this Amazing Video...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I copied this from another forum I frequently visit. This video is for all mothers of small children and for those who know anybody with small children, please watch it, it is very sad, yet informative. Its about keeping your children in a 5 point safety harness carseat as long as possible...Here's the thread written by Christine, a wonderful mother and courageous woman:

Hi friends, I know many of you know about my son Kyle and how he was killed in a car accident last year. After seeing a movie someone made about keeping kids rear-facing, I was inspired to create a movie about keeping kids in 5-point harness carseats as long as possible. I haven't slept in practically 2 nights working on this (the only time I have to get on the computer!) Anyway, I hope it helps spread awareness...

Here it is, please let me know what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ

There is music on the movie, so make sure you have the volume on your computer turned on.

Thank you Smile

Christine
Mom to 3 amazing kids - 2 on earth:
Katelyn 6/6/00
Koben 3/31/06
and 1 in Heaven:
Kyle 3/13/02 - 5/29/05 http://www.kyledavidmiller.memory-of.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited Nov-2 by Katelyn&Kyle'sMom

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
How terribly sad...Thank you Moosette for posting this.

I was thinking that it was about time to start looking around for a new 3-point seat for one of our little ones but after watching this story, I think that she can stay in the 5-point seat awhile longer.

There is so much conflicting information out there when it comes to car seats, it's hard to know what to do. I remember when we moved our older daughter into a booster seat, a friend had just told me she saw a report about putting older children in any kind of carseat or booster seat was dangerous. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I should have said it is for all mothers AND fathers in my post...sorry Dads!! Rolling Eyes

Mammamia, yes it is a very sad story, but she did this so that everyone would be informed about carseat safety. I know I will keep my son in his 5 point harness system as long as possible after seeing this video. Her son Kyle would be so proud!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no! This is such a sad story. Crying or Very sad I'm not a mother (yet!) but this is really near and dear to me because they are very obviously an Aggie family and being Aggie myself that makes all of us family (Carekate will know what I'm talking about here since she is very familiar with the Aggie "cult" as many call it). I bet they even named their son after Edwin Kyle (former Dean) who our highly adored football stadium, Kyle Field, is named after. They even look like they may be my age. Such a sad thing to happen to any family, but what a wonderful thing to do in her son's honor. Thank you for sharing Moosette!
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
very sad, but also very informative..

I will definitely send this onto all my friends and colleagues with young children.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
It is such a sad story...thank you for sharing. I will certainly send this to all my friends with small children.

I certainly learned something today. I had no idea before. To think my little ones were not properly protected....

Thanks again for sharing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Outlive the child is the worst thing that can happen to any parent. Crying or Very sad I haven't done research on a safety of booster seats yet, but I felt that the longer I could keep my baby in a car seat, the better. Now I know for sure... Our car seat is up to 65 lb., so i think we'll use it for a few more years. Smile

Thank you for the link.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, moosette, that was humbling. My husband and I are so uptight about safety issues (we spent more for new Hondas because of the added safety features, for instance) but recently we moved our 5 year-old to a booster with a seatbelt. Anything can happen, ya never know. What a horrible thing to loose a child! I forwarded that youtube link to my hubby. Thanks for sharing.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
The video is a thoughtful, generous, tribue to their son, I'm keeping the link to show to a friends who runs a daycare.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou so much Moosette for posting that. My oldest granddaughter is 4 1/2 yrs old and over 40#. Her young mother is wanting to put her in a booster seat. I think the best gift Pee-paw and I can give her is the gift of life and get her a bigger 5 point harness car seat.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Now that I've stopped crying....heading right out to pick up 2 5 points and pitch the boosters.

thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I went to their tribute website for their son - just SO sad! What a darling little boy - I cannot imagine how his parents feel after losing their child. I don't think its something one would ever get over or really come to terms with!

I have several friends who have new babies and many others with toddlers, so I will be passing this information on to many people.

Thank you for posting it!
sixtypassingforfortyfive
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
OMG cannot see the keyboard for tears..hae 3 sons...6 grand children..heart goes out to anyone at lose of a child..what can we do to promote safety!!!!!!!?????????
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!! Thanks Moosette for posting, my sons aunt just said she was going to buy my 3yr old a new car seat for her van and she asked me if she could get him a booster seat, I will make sure she gets him a 5 point harness like we have and show her this video. Terribly sad, I can't imagine losing my son. I haven't been able to stop crying...hubby walked in and asked me what was wrong. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure Christine is so happy that her message is getting across...I viewed that video again and its had alot of hits...I think that Britax should give her a cut, since they are probably selling more carseats than ever!

I loved the video and think she did an amazing job, the only thing is I used to love that song Far Away by Nickelback, but now when I hear it I think of little Kyle and I have to turn it off because it makes me so sad Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
...tears running down my face...messing up my makeup at work... so so sad for Christine and her family.... thanks for posting moosette!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |