Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Trind for AMAZING nails
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my take. GET THIS STUFF! It's freakin' awesome! I've been using it since the beginning of August, and I can't imagine life without it! I NEVER had nails. They would peel, split, snag constantly, no matter how much care I gave them or how many supplements I took until I tried Trind. It's originally Dutch, but there is an online distributor in Canada.

Turns out moisture (too much or too little) is the culprit and now that I use Trind I have to CLIP my nails short or they grow forever!

They even have a whitening formula that gives you a french manicure look without the work!

Trind is my Holy Grail for nails. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm becoming a subject matter expert on this product.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have a link for the Canadian distributor? Thanks.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Is this a suppliment or a nail polish type product?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
koolade wrote:
They even have a whitening formula that gives you a french manicure look without the work!

Now THIS sounds like something I need! I love French manicures, but I often get too lazy to do them (okay, so I haven't done one in 3 months... Laughing ). Do you think it looks fairly close to a regular French manicure? If so, tell me where to get it...I'm in!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
koolade wrote:

Now THIS sounds like something I need! I love French manicures, but I often get too lazy to do them (okay, so I haven't done one in 3 months... Laughing ). Do you think it looks fairly close to a regular French manicure? If so, tell me where to get it...I'm in!

Mary Very Happy

like minds....grins
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
koolade wrote:

Mary Very Happy

like minds....grins

Lazy manicurists of the world, unite!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
koolade wrote:

Mary Very Happy

like minds....grins

wondering if we were seperated at birth Shock
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
koolade wrote:

Mary Very Happy

like minds....grins

wondering if we were seperated at birth Shock

Have wondered the same thing myself! Laughing

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well.....I guess I'll give this a try. I just don't have the patience to sit through a session at the nail salon. And, my nails aren't strong. So, the visits to the nail salon actually weakened them.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Koolade,

Thanks for the review. I was just on the Trind website and they have a lot of different products. Could you elaborate on which products you tried that worked so well for you? Also, it would be great if you could give the name of the Canadian on-line supplier. Thanks.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I pm'ed koolade and this was her reply

--------------------------------------------

I have had the same problems...and after a little education, I found out why. It's the continuous moisture of the nail that must be maintained. Most other products work for a month or so, then they dehydrate the nail, so it becomes brittle and breaks. Or, they over moisturize the nail and it peels.

Go towww.trind.ca. They have a starter kit for about $45CAD and it will probably last you about 3, maybe even 4 months.

I would reccomend starting out with the starter kit. It's the best value and you get what you need to start the program. You have to do your nails every day for the fist couple weeks, but you only use one coat and it dries fast, so it's not really a hassel. Then you just use it a couple times a week, or when it starts to chip or if you have your hands in water a lot. I ususally do my nails after I've cleaned the house or washed the dog just to prevent the water from doing too much nail damage.

It's so good, here's a little story I share to inspire others to try it. I was cleaning the grill on my stove (without gloves!), when my hand slipped from applying too much pressure and banged into the back of the stove. I could feel my fingers throbing from the pressure of the contact, and though for sure I'd broken at least my index and second finger nail, but nope! My hand hurt like heck, but I barely even chipped my polish!

While my older nails continue to grow out, and stonger healthier nail in it's place, I have have to be somewhat mindful of caring for the occassional snag. Not becuase my nail will rip, like it used to, but because they catch on clothes, etc and can casue rough spots which irritate me and make me want to file my nail away. This is more to do with my lax attitude towards caring for my nails. If you do the Trind application 2x a week, then you probably won't have the same issue. It's been over a week since my last application

This is originally a Dutch product, introduced to Canada by Verrijk Esthetic Supplies Inc. Since my husband is Dutch, we visit there a lot and I'm going to look around during the holidays to see if they have other products or different pricing in Europe.

Sorry for the epicly long post. Let me know if you have any other questions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I wonder anyone's heard of Tips. I saw it on TSC. It sounded very promising. I always wanted to try it, but I dont really have bad nails. so I held out. Cool
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hopemelody,

I tried TIPS and was very disappointed. I applied religiously every day for a couple of weeks and saw absolutely no difference in my nails. Perhaps I should have given it more time. Also, the literature does state that to get the maximum benefit TIPS should be applied on bare nails. Only in the event that one can't live without nail polish, should it be applied underneath and around the nail bed. Since I did the latter, that could be the reason I did not see results. HTH.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Okay...I just ordered the Trind Nail Brightener online. Can't wait to try it out! I really hope Pray it's close to a French manicure...would be great to have that look without all the effort!

I'll post back with results after I get it!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
i just ordered the trind starter kit. was expensive but i really wanted to try it

will let you know how it goes when it shows up

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Are you all in Canada? I couldn't add my information to the order form because it did not include any other locations. Alternatively, I could have it sent to my husband and let him repost it for me but I'd rather avoid it.

I did send them an email but haven't heard back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Here's where I bought my nail brightener:

http://store.hello-gorgeous.net/trind.html

Looks like they have all the other products, too!

Hope this helps!
Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Awesome, Mary!!! Thanks so much! My nails are pretty strong and grow long, as well. However, a few have ridges and I really like the idea of the nail brightener.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Awesome, Mary!!! Thanks so much! My nails are pretty strong and grow long, as well. However, a few have ridges and I really like the idea of the nail brightener.

Smile

You're very welcome! I am so excited to try the nail brightener. I just cannot get it together to sit down and do a proper French manicure these days, so if this stuff does what it promises... Dancing

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl,

trind.ca only ships to canada...I'm surprised you didn't get a reply, i got one the next day when i asked them a question

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
the only trind product that I have tried is their 7 day top coat, which is FAB! I'll have to check out the other products.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I got a response from the CA distributor and it included a US one! Here's the link:

http://www.cosmeticbeautymarket.com/

Now, we're all covered!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Which Trind product are you talking about?
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
i am going to give this a try, putting in my order today.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Okay, just got my Trind Nail Brightener and wanted to let you all know that I LOVE this stuff!!! When I first opened it, I was like, "Oh joy, I just spent $20.00 for clear nail polish." Confused I'm not sure what I expected it to look like, but in the bottle it does just look like clear topcoat with a very slight pink tinge. But whatever is in this stuff, it seriously does "brighten" your nails! Makes the nail bed pinker, and the tips whiter...not as stark a contrast as a real French manicure, but pretty darn close! Also gives a very nice gloss to the nail...

SO, all in all, if you're looking for a very easy, natural looking "almost-French manicure" then this is the product for you! For a lazy manicurist like myself, this is the holy grail...two coats of this stuff, some of CareKates fabulous cuticle balm, and I'm all set!

Mary Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |