Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
something terrible is happening to me now :-(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I really dont know what is happening here. My left eye is rally beginning to droop badly. When I look in the mirror you can clearly see that my left eyebrow is quite a bit lower than the right one. The skin under my left eyebrow is now hanging down onto my eyelid. its like my skin is aging dramatically. Ive also got permanent bags under my eyes that have formed. I really dont know what to do. I dont even want people to see me.

Ive not long got the Baby Quaser and have used that 4 times now. Im following the routine given by Maria on the thread instructions for using it. I have also been using the DMAE 4% serum for the last 3 -4 weeks from skin care central and a couple of weeks prior to this I incorporated HA serum into my regime. I was using relax with vialox for my frown lines but im not using this at the moment now

Is there a beauty device ie dermal tone or anything that could really help my eyes.

Ive also got to go for a blood test in a few weeks time as my doctor thinks i may be going through the early menopause. I feel distraught at that happening now as im only 38. Could this be why my skin looks like it is suddenly aging more than ever because within the last couple of months ive aged alot in my skin. I read that the menopause can make you age. This is really scaring me. It feels like my life just cant get any worse. I know its stupid to be like this when other people have far worse problems but i just cant help it. I wake up in the morning and wish I hadnt woken.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
you may want to consider plastic surgery for your uppers and lowers,Make sure you go to a really good doctor.I am 52 and had cosmetic surgery that included the eye surgery made a HUGE difference,no more bags and I have my youthful eyes back.Sometimes surgery is the only cure.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi lucyluc

Thats what ive been thinking but one i cant afford that (definately not at the moment), two id be scared to have it done and then im only 38 - it still feels a young age and yet I have old eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Hate to worry you but the first thing I thought was, is it possable that you had a minor stroke and did not realize it?

Or, maybe you had a reation to a new skincare product?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
yeah I can understand your hesitation ,I agaonized over my droopy lids for 3 years before I had enough courage to do anything about it and then afterwards I was mad that I had waited so long and suffered needlessly. I didnt have the $$$ either so I took out a home equity line of credit.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare

i dont know what to say to that. Minor stroke sounds I dont know, cant get my head around that. all i know is ive developed a droop in my left eye over the last month. would i have other syptoms of a minor stroke

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Could it be the BQ that you are using? Call the co. and ask them
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
its just a thought but you know a lot of people have been damaged by thermage, they have had a lot of fat loss, some have have to have fat grafts. I wonder if the BQ could cause that too,I was so tempted to buy one and still am.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc ive sent an email to advance theraputics. I keep tryin to think if i had this droop before i used the baby q and i think it was there slightly but definately not this bad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Sally -

First and foremost, do NOT panic! I think it's crazy to even consider cosmetic surgery at your age and, furthermore, since this seems to have occurred rather suddenly, the first step is to identify the cause.

I don't think it's at all helpful when people who don't know you OR what they're talking about start tossing out speculative hypothesis.

Skincare is correct in saying that the kind of muscle relaxing aka "drooping" could be caused by a mini stroke or a reaction to a new product. The latter is probably more likely. When a stroke produces the kind of effect you are describing, there are usually other symptoms as well. Far more common causes are minor viruses. In fact, I know from the past experience of a close friend that THE single most common cause of what you are describing is Bell's Palsy. Here's a brief description:

The most common cause of facial weakness which comes on suddenly is referred to as "Bell's palsy." This disorder is probably due to the body's response to a virus: in reaction to the virus the facial nerve within the ear (temporal) bone swells, and this pressure on the nerve in the bony canal damages it. The most common area of the face affected is the upper cheek and the area around the eye.
If that is what is causing your problem, it is VERY treatable with either antibiotics and/or mild steroids.

Again, sweetie, don't panic! There's nothing in the technology of the BQ that would cause this. See a doc. That way, you'll be able to find the cause and deal with it. Equally important, it will set your mind to rest!
rhensel
5% products discount

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Salster,
Before you consider something as drastic as plastic surgery, please do some research on facial exercises to help correct droopy upper lids. Google Carole Maggio (Facercise) and Judith Olivia (Face Aerobics). There are also many others out there. Facial exercises do work if you do them consistently. HTH
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Sally -

First and foremost, do NOT panic! I think it's crazy to even consider cosmetic surgery at your age and, furthermore, since this seems to have occurred rather suddenly, the first step is to identify the cause.

I don't think it's at all helpful when people who don't know you OR what they're talking about start tossing out speculative hypothesis.

Skincare is correct in saying that the kind of muscle relaxing aka "drooping" could be caused by a mini stroke or a reaction to a new product. The latter is probably more likely. When a stroke produces the kind of effect you are describing, there are usually other symptoms as well. Far more common causes are minor viruses. In fact, I know from the past experience of a close friend that THE single most common cause of what you are describing is Bell's Palsy. Here's a brief description:

The most common cause of facial weakness which comes on suddenly is referred to as "Bell's palsy." This disorder is probably due to the body's response to a virus: in reaction to the virus the facial nerve within the ear (temporal) bone swells, and this pressure on the nerve in the bony canal damages it. The most common area of the face affected is the upper cheek and the area around the eye.
If that is what is causing your problem, it is VERY treatable with either antibiotics and/or mild steroids.

Again, sweetie, don't panic! There's nothing in the technology of the BQ that would cause this. See a doc. That way, you'll be able to find the cause and deal with it. Equally important, it will set your mind to rest!

A very very dear freind of mine has this, and it comes and goes, sets on rather quick and leaves just as fast. So I'd def get it checked out. I can't imagine the BQ has caused this, the relaxant products, maybe..but wow'd they'd have to be strong. Good luck and get to ur doctor, check that route first.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Katee 100%. Before anything else you should see a good doctor and determine if there is an underlying medical problem. Since the drooping is in one eye only, and presumably you used the skincare and QUASAR on both eyes, the cause should be something else.

Talk to your physiscian about it, and ask if he thinks it could be neurological problem, or what else could have caused it, etc. Also be proactive and do not hesitate to ask questions.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Salster, I just wanted to say that I understand what you are going through. I've had to deal with trying to age gracefully for 5 years now. It comes on subtly, aging that is, and then WHAM!! Droopy eyelids run in my family and my left eye has always drooped more than my right. Well alittle over 2 mos. ago I got botox..which didn't work believe it or not Rolling Eyes Well I ended up with a swollen right eyelid..not real swollen but swollen enough that it ended up being droopy. You can imagine how disheartened I was. I'm happy to say that with the help of PSF Phyto Cranberry eye gel and time..my right eye is better. I really believe this all was caused by the botox I received (actually operator error.) I whole heartly agree with you that early menopause can wreak havoc on your body, hoepfully your doc can sort things out! I have hormonal issues as well that cause major surges of adrenaline--uuggh! Please hang in there and let us know what the doc says!!! Try not to worry, hun...I know it's hard.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Katee and MermaidGirl - both my mom and a coworker had Bell's Palsy. Totally treatable but isn't aesthetically fun to go through.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend with Bell's Palsy too...she has had two episodes of facial drooping on one side only. These episodes were ~5 years apart.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Salster,

I would suggest first thing is not to jump to the conclusion of a worst case scenario. Definitely see a doctor right away though. We are all here rooting for you and sending positive energy.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi Skincare

I don't know what to say to that. Minor stroke sounds I dont know, cant get my head around that. all i know is ive developed a droop in my left eye over the last month. would i have other syptoms of a minor stroke

I don't know. I was told by my grandmother's doctor that sometimes you don't even know you had one and it doesn't even show.

Personally, and knowing me, I would run to the doctor and bitch about the droopy eye! I would hate that and I do not care what was the cause, I would want it gone.

Just another thought, a coworker, Crown Attorney like to go boxing and his vision and headaches were getting bad. Later and many months later, he found out that one of his veins in his brain sort of burst. He had to go for emergency surgery and thankfully he is ok now. Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I agree with Katee and MermaidGirl - both my mom and a coworker had Bell's Palsy. Totally treatable but isn't aesthetically fun to go through.

Ok, Rjez, so you ARE psychic! I hadn't even chimed in on this topic yet and was thinking "I need to post to tell her about my friend who had Bell's Palsy" and I see that you already agreed with me ... BEFORE I even posted! *Cue "Twilight Zone" music!*

Sally, please don't freak out (I know, easier said than done). Katee is right in bringing up Bell's Palsy - that could very well be it. I had a friend who had an ear infection which had cleared up but she woke up one morning with a saggy eye and mouth. Her Mom freaked out because she thought Michi had had a stroke (Michi was about 39 y/o at the time).

Michi called me and the first words out of my mouth were "Bell's Palsy." I asked her if she'd had a recent ear infection - the answer was "yes." I told her to go to the doctor for some antibiotics, etc., and she told me when she got there he couldn't figure out what it was! He wanted to run all these test and she told him "Well, my friend said it was Bell's Palsy." He went to look it up Exclamation and came back and said "I guess your friend is right!" (yeah, like I'd EVER go back to that doctor again!) Anyhow, she was treated and it cleared up within a few days to a week.

Also, Skincare's mention of a minor stroke is not off base. You can have one and never even know it. My Mom has a friend who went to her neurologist; after testing, he told her she'd had multiple little strokes - she had no clue! You'd rather have a little "warning" stroke than a big one, anyhow!

Its very possible the problem is from the relaxing product. I've read where they can cause sagging over the long term, though I know you've not been using it that long. Its good that you've stopped using it.

Get to a doctor and tell her/him everything you've told us. I bet its nothing too extreme and can be fixed. Tell us how you are doing, please.

Take care! Smile
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:

Ok, Rjez, so you ARE psychic!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
d'oh ... I is so smart - guess I meant MelissaMarie.

No wait, I *am* psychic. In 5 seconds I will be pushing the 'submit' button.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, but I'm having a real problem with those who are telling you that you have had a "minor" stroke.

A minor stroke means no physical symptoms. (My father had a minor stroke so I know what he went through.) Since you have a drooping eye you do have a physical symptom, however, if you had a stroke the whole side of your face would be drooping, not just the eye.

Go to your doctor and get the advice of an expert.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Uhhhhh leeleedeedee

I happen to agree that people shouldn't be suggesting to Sally that she's had a minor stroke. In fact, I don't think anyone is even remotely qualified to render an opinion on what is or is not going on with her.

However, your understanding of a minor or mini stroke is incorrect. Very often, the way that a physician is tipped off to indicate the possibility that a minor stroke has occurred is that the person in question exhibits some vague symptom with an inexplicable onset. Often it is something as simple as a very slight slur in the person's speech. It is also not true that if one suffered a stroke, one entire side of their face would be paralyzed. A relative of mine suffered a stroke at the age of 34. She was healthy as a horse and worked as a tactical police officer in NYC, which is a physically taxing job. She came down with what she thought was a case of the flu. When she "recovered", she had the oddest "tick" above her right eye. As it turned out, she had suffered a stroke and was diagnosed with a pinhole between the chambers of her heart; a congenital defect that had gone unnoticed her entire life!

One of the things I always encourage forum members (and others) to do is to seek professional advice. There are times here when I wince to see well meaning board members giving advice to others about certain skincare issues that I really don't think they're qualified to give, DESPITE their good intentions. So, you can imagine that I feel even more strongly when the issue is a medical one.

I'm sure your intentions were as good as the intentions of those you disagreed with. But, you went on to state things that may have been true in the particular case of your father, but are not absolutes.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Sorry, but I'm having a real problem with those who are telling you that you have had a "minor" stroke.

Personally, I don't think people were 'diagnosing' as much as giving possible suggestions. Even a cardiologist wouldn't diagnose without a physical exam.

For me, I'd rather hear all the possible major and minor issues - maybe getting paranoid is good and getting to a physician is an opportunity to catch an early symptom.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I would def. see a medical profession first before you try to fix it on your own. I have to admit, I immediately thought of Bell's palsy too.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Salster,

I have couple of friends/coworkers with Bell's Palsy. Don't panic, you can fix it on, the thing is it takes time, timeline depends on individual.

One of my best friends went through it when shs's in college. It happends. After visiting your regular doctor, I would like to suggest to go to ocupuncturists. As for my friends' cases, it worked out well. First two month, every three days and then for two months every week.

If you are not afraid to do something alternative, please consider cupping method which, I know, looks weird to someone. It could be one of the options. I had tried it for a different reason. I should admit it hurts and very painful, red marks all over my back but it worked for me too. Worth the try only after considering the tolarance level of pain.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |