Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
:Review: MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been drooling over this product in an emerald green.

Everytime I go to the mac shop - it's out of stock Sad

Now that I've read this I am DETERMINED to track it down. I have the stamp - feet 'memusthaveit" feeling! Bad Grin
Kallia
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I love this one too. I have Macroviolet and Lithograph. I'll get more soon. I also want to try their Technakohls.
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
As a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner user it looks like I will be going to the MAC counter and giving this one a try as well as the Mac #263 brush.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Hi - I got the fluideline in Blitz & Glitz, however, after only a 1/2 hr I'm noticing racoon eyes (I don't have any other eye makeup on!). Do any of you have suggestions on preventing this?

(Or is the MAC Fluideline just something to avoid for those of us with oily eyelids?)

I too have oily eyelids probably from over using eye creams, but I didn't notice the same problem, although I only line my upper lid. Do you apply it over a base or shadow? I use a nude eyeshadow and that seemed to help when i was using the Smashbox cream liner which used to leave me with raccoon eyes.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Hi - I got the fluideline in Blitz & Glitz, however, after only a 1/2 hr I'm noticing racoon eyes (I don't have any other eye makeup on!). Do any of you have suggestions on preventing this?

(Or is the MAC Fluideline just something to avoid for those of us with oily eyelids?)

huh, I thought it was pretty budgeproof when dry. Sorry - I don't have any tips over than to suggest smudging dry e/s over it ..? Really budgeproof is the MAC LiquidLast (pen type).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am never meant to find an eyeliner that works. Sad

I put on the fluideline all around the eye (line the upper and lower lids, not heavily, just the thinnest lines I can manage). I have tried the powder eyeshadow thing before and the racoon eyes still come. Admittedly, Fluideline racoon eyes are not as bad as some other liners, but it's still not very flattering. Laughing

Maybe I will try the LiquidLast next.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:

Maybe I will try the LiquidLast next.

Can you go to a department store to try it? The only problem with LiquidLast is that it comes with an applicator brush top that some people don't like. And the colors are basic.

I used to adore UltraLast by Maybelline but that flakes as the tube gets old.

Blinc also has a good budgeproof eyeliner. If you check out the reviews and like that - it's 20% off at drugstore.com to midnight PST tonight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
i've had the blacktrack fluidline in my makeup drawer for a long time but I usually don't like liquid liners so i never tried it... after reading all these raves about it, i went ahead and did my eyes up with it... let me say, it is THE best eyeliner and I DO NOT plan on resorting to any other eyeliner ever!! u can do so much with this, the cat eye look is especially easy! no tugging on the eyelid [no wrinkles!! Very Happy ]! it just glides right on, and is super budge-proof. the line is always concise, but at the same time is soft enough to not be TOO dramatic

love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
maiea, I use this eyliner as well- and if you apply a little bit of loose face powder or baby powder with Q tip just under your eyes (where you see the liner streaking down) it seem too prevent the "racoon eye effect"
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Bobby Brown gel eyeliner at the moment and find it difficult to apply. It is great to know that MAC has such great product. Thanks very much
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for all the suggestions everyone, I will try it! (Hmm, powder first then liner..? I'll give it a shot! Anything so I don't get racoon eyes since I LOVE how my eyes just open up with a tiny amount of eyeliner)
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Maiea, the Liquidlast Liner is the most waterproof of all the MAC liners, it just will not move... I didn't like the brush at first but I got used to it. It draws a really thin line. With this one you will need an oil based makeup remover or you will never get it off!!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Bobbi Brown in Sepia at the moment and I never find it hard to apply or wash off at all, but I do use eye makeup remover. I've had it for over 2 years now and it's still just fine...not dried out. However, I recently just bought MAC in Blacktrack, but I haven't tried it yet. Gonna find out and let you guys know. I like it that MAC has more color options and cheaper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Im using the MAC black track eye liner at the moment and absolutely love it, glides on smoothly and stays put all day. I also Bobbie Brown bronze, but was a little disappointed with the effect after I applied it to my eyes
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have gel liners in MAC, Bobbi Brown , Paulas Choice and Aromaleigh.

MAC is the best, I have 5 different colors.

Blacktrack
Blitz Glitz
Non Conformist
Macrovilet
Dip Down

In the Aromaleigh the product feels and wears and applys identicial to the MAC, comes in a smaller size, and they Carry the Copper Penny (a shimmery Bronze) and an Emerald Green one.
(I have both)

I like it just as much as the MAC.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
You can get some inexpensive brushs that work terrific as liner brushs at Hobby Lobby or Micheals.
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I feel Bobbi gel better than Mac. Bobbi dry more quickly.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Just tried MAC Fluidline the first time today. While I found MAC much easier to apply and the line went on a lot smoother, I thought BB had better staying power. Once it was dry, the color didn't seem as intense as it did when went, unlike BB. Overall, I prefer BB for basic colors (black, brown), but will use MAC for more fashionable colors.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Pudoodles: MAC 263 brush applies MAC fluidlines perfectly. I LOVE MAC fluidlines and before this I've never used liners before.

Glad to hear this! I never wear eyeliner, but ordered the Fluidline, thinking that maybe it would help me see the error of my ways! Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Another fan here too Very Happy
I have Sweet Sage, which is a beautiful Olive colour, I use both as an eyeliner and as an eye shadow.
It has really good staying power and stays put all through the day/night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Love this stuff. Bought it after reading about it. I'm asian w/ single lids and everything usually smears. Usually use liquid liner, but it's very difficult, so pretty much just stopped trying. MAC fluidline in black was easy to apply and doesn't smear after dry. The salesgirls were a bit snooty and didn't help me at first.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I have Sweet Sage, which is a beautiful Olive colour, I use both as an eyeliner and as an eye shadow.

Hi Rosebud! I have sweet sage, too - isn't it just amazing?! It really makes my eyes look blue! I love it!
Pudoodles
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
rosebud wrote:

Hi Rosebud! I have sweet sage, too - isn't it just amazing?! It really makes my eyes look blue! I love it!
Pudoodles

I have hazel eyes and used to always buy a sage colour, but recently learned that I am doing the green in my eyes a disservice. Apparently purples are the colour of choice to bring out green...any suggestions for a Fluidline colour to bring out green - maybe Macroviolet?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
koolade wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
rosebud wrote:

Pudoodles

I have hazel eyes and used to always buy a sage colour, but recently learned that I am doing the green in my eyes a disservice. Apparently purples are the colour of choice to bring out green...any suggestions for a Fluidline colour to bring out green - maybe Macroviolet?

Yes - you'll be better off with a liner with a purple lean to it..not too much purple though, and not too light a shade of purple since from a distance, these shades can make your eyes look tired, enhance blueness under the eye and actually "play up" bloodshot eyes. MAC has an awesome dark purplish shade called "waveline" - my eyes seem to flip from blue to green depending on my eye makeup colour scheme.. When I use the shade "waveline" my eyes seem to turn a brilliant greenish shade. I strongly suggest you give it a whirl! It is also a great alternative to traditional black or brown...oh ya- as an aside - the shade "lithograph" is a brilliant alternative to black...
Have fun!
Pudoodles
Good luck
Pudoodles
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Pudoodles...oh ya- as an aside - the shade "lithograph" is a brilliant alternative to black...
Have fun!
Pudoodles
Good luck
Pudoodles[/quote]

I LOVE That shade...wearing it right now in fact with a bare face to give the impression that I have eyelashes!!!!

Thanks for the tip on "waveline", I'll drop by a MAC this weekend to try it out!
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 01, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |