Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

"Dr. Holland" Products Now known as CareKate's
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

After much thought and consideration, our favorite mad scientist (a.k.a. Carrie) has decided to change her company name from “Dr. Holland” to “CareKate”. So, from this point on, all of her fabulous creations (including the amazing Lush Lash serum!) will now be bearing the CareKate name. I personally think this is a great idea from a recognition standpoint, as she is widely known as CareKate, and not everyone knows her last name is Holland. As a newbie, it took me awhile to figure out who this illustrious “Dr. Holland” was…or maybe I’m just slow… Laughing

So, that's the scoop! Just wanted to let you all know...

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing.....

Ahh thank you for letting us all know! I like Carekate better Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Forever I kept confusing Dr. Holland with Dr. Hauska reviews, since both got stated as Dr. H Laughing . So brilliant idea!!!!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
CareKate is lovely, as I am sure her products will be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Laughing.....

Ahh thank you for letting us all know! I like Carekate better Very Happy

I do, too! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
YEA! Much easier to sort and remember!
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mary, I'm glad she changed it...I kept wondering who the good DR was. Carrie, good marketing decision! Basically, if we want to try something, we go to the DIY page & if it's a "Carekate" recipe we can inquire about it? But don't deluge her right now, is that right? Confused
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
Thanks Mary, I'm glad she changed it...I kept wondering who the good DR was. Carrie, good marketing decision! Basically, if we want to try something, we go to the DIY page & if it's a "Carekate" recipe we can inquire about it? But don't deluge her right now, is that right? Confused

Hi debbied!

You're right...Carrie can pretty much create any of her DIY recipes for you! As for "deluging" her...she's busy, but I'm sure it's fine for you to send an inquiry and/or place an order with her! As we all know, her internet access is limited, so the only thing might be that you have to wait a little bit for a response. But she will get back to you for sure!

Hope that helps!
Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I think I'd like to buy practically everything I've ever heard about made by Carekate...

This board is so lucky to have her here!

Thanks CareKate, for all your knowledge and wisdom and sharing.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I like CareKate better too. Too many "Dr.X's amazing rip-off" out there. At this point, I'd probably buy cardboard from carekate if she sold it!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I sounded crazy in this last post (more than usual;) but I do trust the woman, though I've never met her and have only "known" her for a few months. She's always been right on the money - I've tried the super sonic mask, the hair oils, the ACV toner (it works but I don't like the smell), the Tarte eyelash curler, the scary Tweezerman eyelash comb...I need to go to Sally's to get a hair brush which sounds pretty promising. Oh and the HA caps! I'm sure I'm forgetting a number of other things I now do because of carekate (and also other wonderful forum members), which make my life better and my wallet less thin. I'm sounding like an evangelist now, but I'm really happy to be here. Now, let me go somewhere else to wipe off my tears and be mean to hoever crosses my path today to compensate for all this emotion...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
So happy to hear the name change. "CareKate" is the way to go Carrie.
katstump

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm new to the forum, and can't believe how much wonderful information there is here! I've been reading about CareKate's products and was wondering how to purchase them. They sound terrific!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I like CareKate better too. Too many "Dr.X's amazing rip-off" out there. At this point, I'd probably buy cardboard from carekate if she sold it!

Buwahahaha ... that's how I feel. Carekate could be selling 'water' ... great for skin - I'd buy it. I haven't tried too many of her products - but I've made a couple of her recipes and they're wonderful.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rijez. I thought I sounded like a psycho there... Rolling Eyes
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Thanks Rijez. I thought I sounded like a psycho there... Rolling Eyes

hahahaha ... you should see my OTHER post. I've been thinking a lot about this horror movie and the little voices say "we neeed you Sally".

I typed "we need you Carrieeee" and I think I sounded like a stalker.

Personally, I really enjoy purchasing products from people like Carekate (love Denise at Dream Products too). Customizable, developed by the seller FOR the seller (so you know they tested), all natural (or you know what's in it), manufacturing date, customer service .... etc.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Rjez"]
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
hahahaha ... you should see my OTHER post. I've been thinking a lot about this horror movie and the little voices say "we neeed you Sally".

I typed "we need you Carrieeee" and I think I sounded like a stalker.

Laughing

I feel just the same.

I am desparate to try some of her products.
I'd like to chip in so we can get her a faster computer with more access time on it.
I'm only sort of joking...
Anxious Razz

Emma x
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if CareKate will be selling her products to new members. I have read another thread where she has concerns about doing so and after reading it I can understand why, but after saying that, I too have been following this board for months before taking the plunge and joining you all (mainly because I didn't understand the registration form - it was asking for all these numbers that I didn't understand and it scared me off) but I too have come to take everything CareKate says as Gospel, and would happily buy her products and I can make a firm promise here that if I had a bad reaction to any of them, I would just curse my bad luck, not sue anyone involved! I would never dream of it, but can understand her concerns. I don't like to PM her myself yet as I understand she has limited time and no doubt countless enquiries, but if anyone knows, can you please let me know, it will be much appreciated. By the way , hello to everyone who reads this, I have introduced myself on the New Member thread, but this is my first post.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
just in case anyone is still wondering carrie/carekate sells her products to new members. she only had reserves about her lash serum (and it wasn't just towards new members) since it contains secret ingredients. she is getting a patent for her formula and is not currently selling her lash serum. until further notice from carrie, her lash serum isn't ready yet. but her other products sure are, and everything i have tried have been wonderful!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

Personally, I really enjoy purchasing products from people like Carekate (love Denise at Dream Products too). Customizable, developed by the seller FOR the seller (so you know they tested), all natural (or you know what's in it), manufacturing date, customer service .... etc.

who is denise from dream products? i am curious Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

who is denise from dream products? i am curious Wink

I first heard about Denise of Dream Products about 8 years ago - I can't even remember which board ... probably MUA or the old Beautybuzz?

Anyway, she has a list of lotions, cleansers, etc. that she makes and she customizes scent, texture, and add-ins. As an example, I have 3 slightly different versions, textures and scents of her eye cream/gel.

She's probably similar to Carrie and Candy.

I still love her stuff and the customization and custom blending is great - my problem is that I keep hearing about new things to try.

If anyone is interested - send me a PM and I'll forward a word doc of Denise's stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I apologize if someone has gone over this before but does Carrie have a list of her products available somewhere here in the forum, or does she have a website?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Mammamia wrote:
Hi,
I apologize if someone has gone over this before but does Carrie have a list of her products available somewhere here in the forum, or does she have a website?

Thanks!
No to both. Forum rules prevent me from posting a list of my available products and we're still in the process of setting up a website (guess what the URL will be?! Wink ).

I am in the process of preparing a "Product Guide" that lists prices, brief descriptions, usage instructions and ingredient lists for my most popular items -- which I can then PM or email to interested paries -- but it's only 90% complete at this time. If you'd like, I can PM you what I've got so far but just keep in mind that it isn't an exhaustive list yet....

thanks,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, could you please pm me a list of what you have so far? Thanks!!!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, can I please have the list too? Cheers.

Or if someone else has the list, can they please post it? Thatw ould be ok, right?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |