Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment and Lip Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
OK, as much as I love skincare and lash treatments, I love putting nice treatments on my lips even more. Is there a 12-step program for this?? lol The thing that I love most about Carekate's products is that she seems to have a sixth sense about the perfect texture, the perfect tint, and the perfect flavor...her products are everything that I hope expensive products will be, but often aren't. You know how you sometimes like the product but hate the smell or vice versa..Carekate gets the formula 100% on the money. The lip scrub is yummy and feels great (very gentle) and the overnight lip moisturizer is yummy feeling as well. It just makes my lips feel soft and moist. I feel very lucky to have "the wizard" in our midst and I will be ordering more for friends this Christmas!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Been searching for a overnight lip treatment. Hmm... Smile
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you, Hollywood. Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment is lovely. Feels silky, smells and tastes great. This is as good as any lip treatment I have tried, and better than any that comes to mind. Smooths my lips nicely. The lip scrub is fab. I have had my little sample for several months, and the latest formula might be even better. I love this stuff. Effective and gentle, tastes great. Carrie is making some very nice products. They work, and they do no harm. I love it! Thanks, Carrie.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
where can we buy this? from carekate directly?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
where can we buy this? from carekate directly?

yes. just PM her.

the lip scrub is divine and helping my lips return to normal. very gentle yet effective. the overnight treatment is something of a treat. there's a slight tint to it (or is it what she puts in the product? i think i may be a guinea pig for an added ingredient -- keep it in, carrie!) so that i feel kind of pretty and a little "done up" going to bed. (it lives up to the moniker of "Lush Lips.") definitely looks nicer than a layer of cream and. more importantly, it tastes better when you get kissed . why do so many skin care lines forget about this fact??? the product sinks in so even if you *do* get kissed enough stays on your lips to do its job. not an overnight miracle, but with a few nights use i can see an improvement. i can't wait to see what it will be like in a week.... very nice addition to the skincare arsenal!
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I received my samples yesterday and also love these products. Does she have a site that shows what else she sells, prices, how to order? Or how do I find out? Does anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused. How many lip treatments does Carekate have?

Counting, there's a balm (Is that lush lips?), an overnight treatment, a scrub and tinted lip balms or are they glosses? And, a lip plumping treatment?

I'm awaiting a care package from her but at this point don't know what I ordered. Think

I'm really hoping they will help with the chronically dry lips. I'm hoping that if my lips get in shape, then I will stop licking, biting and picking at them.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I'm confused. How many lip treatments does Carekate have?

Too many! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed *CareKate ducks head in shame*

Y'all just have to bear in mind -- and which I have confessed many many times on the forum -- that lip care products are my original obsession, on which I’ve spent ungodly amounts of money over the years so this is an economical way for me to feed my obsession to find the ultimate lip care products: I'm making all this stuff for ME and for me only...if anyone else likes them, that's just gravy! Very Happy

Anyway, I've just PM'd you the list of what's what.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I´m in awe and jumping with excitement over my latest goodiebag from Carrie. Not only am I able to test the Lush Lash (yay!) but I now know that I need at least a gallon of "Dulce vita", which is the YLBB shade I´ve been searching for for years, while still being the best lip treatment money can buy. I´m blown away, and I haven´t even tried half of the goodies I got. Carrie, you have true talent!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Ok, here's Carekate's list of what's what for lip products:

• Lush Lips Tinted Lip Balm - this is a tinted lip balm intended to be worn during the day in lieu of (or in addition to) traditional lipstick or lip gloss. It’s for ladies who need to wear something more nourishing then lipstick/gloss, but still want a bit of color on their lips;

• Lush Lips Overnight Treatment - this is a clear, intensive lip balm to be worn overnight to treat and repair dry, damaged lips;

• Lush Lips Lip Balm Trio - this is a container which holds your choice of two tinted balms plus the Overnight Treatment;

• Lush Lips Plumping Balm - this is brand new, my attempt at a topical (cumulative) lip plumping treatment in the same vein as CityLips. It is gentle and contains no ingredients that burn or sting (like those in Lip Venom or other “irritant”-based lip plumpers).

• Lush Lips Buffing Scrub - this is a gentle lip exfoliant to remove dry/dead skin in preparation for application of topical lip plumpers or intensive lip treatments.

I believe Carekate is currently looking for guinea pigs to test Lush Lips Plumping Balm's effectiveness. I'd be pretty far down the list on that one as I need to get my lips in a semblance of order before I even think of plumping them except except ....if Carekate can come up with a DO_IT_ALL product!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
carekate, I don't mean to sound wanty, but could you pm me also? I would love to buy some stuff to try.
On a side note, is this something a boy could use? My son is nine, and no matter what we buy to soothe his poor lips in the winter, they just get worse.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I would love to buy some of the lip products too.

Carrie, could you, possily. PM me as well?

Thanks in advance,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in the trio, plumping, and scrub. Is there a list of shades or flavors?

Carekate - can you PM me regarding how to order? Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I think (and this is just my opinion) that it´s a bit much to ask of Carrie to keep an eye on threads and send PMs to tons of members, when she has 30 mins internet time per day, and an overflowing PM box to start with. I think it would be best if you all sent a PM to Carrie yourselves, and then she can answer in the order she receives it.

Just a thought, to help her out a bit. Very Happy
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Ooop. I forgot about that factor. Thanks. I will do that.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
How long usually does it take for her to respond to PMs? I Pmed her almost 2 weeks ago and still didn't get any information. Crying or Very sad
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Judging by the raves around here lately of her fantastic products, there´s probably tons of people PMing her. But some may fall through the cracks. If it shows up as sent (I´ve had PMs I thought was sent disappear into oblivion) I´d PM her again. Smile Busy girl, our Carrie!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

As we all know, there are never too many CareKate products to lemming...so imagine how happy Dancing I was to find that Carrie has come up with several NEW shades of her fabulous Lush Lips tinted balm! Here's a rundown on the colors...

"Dulce Vita" = this brown/berry shade that is a dead ringer for Nars "Dolce Vita" lipstick, chosen by Sephora is the single most universally flattering shade for 2006.

"Apricot Glow" = this is a pinky peach that is a knock-off of her beloved Guerlain Kiss Kiss MaxiShine lipstick in "Mango Shine"

"Gipsey" = a neutral claret shade

"Scarlett" = as the name implies, it's a true (blue-based) red, similar to Prada #6 Shielding Tinted Lip Balm

"Coral Kiss" = a warm, peachy coral-pink

"Honey Rose" = a warmed-up verison of Dulce Vita

I have already tried (and loved) the Honey Cherry, Dulce Vita and Apricot Glow...but I know I'm going to want all the rest of the "CareKate Color Spectrum"! Laughing Seems like she truly does have a shade for just about everyone now!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the list Mary. I hadn't ordered the trio yet because I didn't know what other colors were in development.

I adore my Dulce Vita and will be running out ... I can't wait to share some of this stuff with everyone visiting for the holidays!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thanks for the color list Mary--now I'm even more inclined to order a few balms from Carekate (who will probably need her own website soon-ish at the rate her product list keeps growing!)
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
You're very welcome, Nijey and Rjez! Very Happy I was soooo happy to find out that there were going to be other colors for me to try! I have pretty much gotten rid of all my gloppy glosses (much to the joy of my husband) and wear CareKate's balm the great majority of the time!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Mary H - Thank You!! I just ordered more of the lip tint balm from Carekate but was not sure of what care she had but thankfully I saw this thread. Thank you!! I'll have to PM her for the colors! Very Happy
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Rave review for Carekate's lip balms- Apricot Glow and Dolce Vita . They are very moisturizing and last as long as any lip balm I've tried if not longer. I also love the orange sent, it's one of my favorites. I do favor the Apricot glow as this fits my redhair coloring alittle better but the Dolce Vita is great for night. My only request would be that they came in a screw up tube, please and thankyou. Laughing

Rave review for Carekate's lip scrub. I absolutely love this product. Not only does it clean off the dry skin, it moisturizes and temp. plumps them up. It's a great palette for her lip balms or any other lippie. Keepup the great creativity. Very Happy
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I will add another rave for the Lush Lips Balm! Yesterday, I got my package with the Dulce Vita balm and the silk dust I ordered, in a VERY timely manner I might add (before my EDS order placed the same day), considering that the entire CareKate operation is one person! Of course I had to try the products immediately. Dulce Vita is a great color for me and I love how the balm is sheer but not too sheer - the effect is almost like a lip stain, but glossier, and the consistency is smooth and moisturizing.

As my face was quite shiny at the end of the day I also dusted some of the silk dust over my face and it immediately took away the shine. I had been using MAC Blot Powder, but find that sometimes that the powder is too visible or made up looking on me. The silk dust was not visible at all, it just mattified my skin instantly. I am trying it out under makeup today.

One more rave, and then I will stop. I also love the Lush Lips Buffing Scrub, which Carrie included as a sample. Literally, I was sitting at work yesterday trying not to bite or pick at my lips and thinking "I really need to get an exfoliator." And lo and behold, when I got to my mailbox, I had some! I tried it last night and applied Lush Lips this morning - my lips feel SO much better today!

I haven't yet tried the other samples I received, but I'm thinking I might as well go ahead and order her whole product line and get it over with! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Carekate was kind enough to send me a sample of the lip scrub and the overnight repair treatment. Although the overnight repair treatment I received was red and not clear. I love the scrub, it's so yummy and I keep licking it because it tastes like candy Laughing . The overnight treatment is quite moisturizing and smells great, a little tends to go a long way. Once I actually get my lips to where they should be I shall be ordering some of these balms that everyone's raving about!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |