Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie -- where do you order your extra bands (with increasing strengths)? i got a whole bunch when i originally bought it (another *huge* fan here), but i'm now out and the place i bought it from here in paris doesn't carry extras. is there somewhere i can buy online?

I purchase my replacement bands from QVC. I also have seen them on Ebay. I will search around more for you. Smile

fmvalentina,

I am happy that you posted your negative reaction to the FF. Forum members should be aware of your experience. Thank you for your post.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
fmvalentina,

Could you please provide the link to that thread, or the link to that forum. It doesn't breaks this forum rules.

Thanks.
Allie82
5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I'd love to find a brief routine that's tried and tested, that I can do, say, while watching TV.

Does anyone have a recommendation, please?

(I want particularly to do some neck excercise to stop turkey neck coming Sad , and something to refine cheekbone structure.)

not to sound like I am advertising, but my mom uses a neck cream by Be Fine Food Skin Care. It says that it "visibly tightens the skin naturally" Mushroom extract tightens and lifts, Caffeine smooths skin and Iris flowers tighten and reduce wrinkles. As well as it supports collagen production. She and I have noticed that it gets rid of visible signs of aging. Can't say it will last forever but it is helping her. She also used in the past Merle Roberts Virgin Oil Neck Firming Gel- helped too Smile
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I have used facial flex for about four months. I don't have a lot of sagging but am trying to ward off the onset. I use it along with DMAE and a micro current device around the eyes in the morning. I haven't seen any damage from the facial flex. It is quick and easy.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview,

did you see any improvement?
Also, did you see any improvement in the eye area, and what type of micro current device are you using?

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
sharky wrote:
I do not believe the "reports" of bad results. I've looked on other boards and the "reporters" tend to be not long term members etc.

So, I'm lying? I have nothing better to do than make up stories about how a random product damaged my skin? Sorry I'm not here long enough for you to believe me, please tell me what is the amount of time someone has to be a posting member of this board to be credible in your eyes?

Is this a requirement of this board or is this one lone members ridiculous belief?

Funny that the 2 deep dent marks that appear on the upper lip and are common to the people who have had negative experiences with this product are EXACTLY where the 2 white knobs are located on the Facial Flex when it's placed in your mouth. Maybe not so funny is that for the people who have been damaged, when you put the device back in your mouth and squeeze it, all of the areas around your mouth where the skin is squeezed are the areas where we developed dozens of fine lines. Coincidence, I think not.

I have been reading this board for several years. I don't have any grudge against this product except a desire to warn people who might not realize this product can cause damage, some of which is irreversible. If someone wants to go ahead and take the risk after what I wrote, go right ahead. At least you knew the possibility of damage going in. Sad to say, myself and many others didn't have that opportunity.

*sharky's* analogy with a broken leg is ridiculous when compared to stretching the skin and tissue on your face. I have a thread from another board with the comments from many women who were damaged. I could paste them into this thread but I don't know if it breaks the rules, which I wouldn't want to do, and I'm a bit uncomfortable posting people's comments without their permission.

To say I'm shocked by these comments by *sharky* is an understatement, but there's always one or two like this on any internet message board Rolling Eyes

I also want to say that *sharky* never said whether the exercises she does for her face are with this device or exercises like Carol Maggio advocates. For the record, I have never heard of one person having a bad experience doing facial exercises like the ones Carol recommends, but I have heard of dozens of bad reports of dents in the upper lip area and lines all around the mouth area from using the Facial Flex.

I completely agree with you and I don't think someone with a different opinion should be made to look worse because of it. I mean, I have this horrible habit of lifting my eyebrows all the time and forehead wrinkles have developed because of it. I think doing that action even more would make them worse..
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
truce, people.

i'm waving the white flag, before this thread goes completely off topic and turns everybody off.

fmvalentina had her say about the negative effects of a product.

sharky had her say of that opinion.

fmvalentina defended herself.

let it rest. let it be.

can we please get back to the topic at hand?

otherwise, i'll just stop watching this and may miss some great tips, sites, and opinions. and that *would* be a pity.
KathyJ
5% products discount

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
linder wrote:
It takes me about 12 minutes. I don't do the nose. I skip over that one. I probably shouldn't. Once you learn them properly you can do them in the shower, watching tv, etc. They all become second nature to you. A part of your day. You'll be doing something and all of a sudden your doing one of these exercises. They are so simple and they don't take much time! Just fit them in. Anywhere! Linder

Hmmmm....I have a 20 minute commute by car...if I learn these maybe I can do them on my way to and from work!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Preferences between Carole Maggio and FlexEffect/Deb Crowley? Curious which system works better. Sounds like Flexeffect takes longer. But does it work better??? Has anyone done both? They both are supposed to help the whole face, not just the jaw/mouth area like the Facialflex tool.
Thanks.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I've done both. I find bits of both combined suit me best. I wouldn't say one is quicker than the other, but Flexeffect is more aggressive because it's building against external resistance (your hands and fingers) whereas Facercise is building with the gentler resistance of muscles against muscles. Some exercises from Facercise didn't suit my forehead, some from Flexeffect didn't suit my mouth and jaw. You have to find which ones suit your own physiology.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Molly!

PS The Maggio books is discounted on Amazon. Also there: a discounted dvd "The Tal Reinhart: Facial Workout," which gets good reviews. Don't know if the program is good, but the dvd is certainly less $ than Maggio or Crowley's which I have found only on their own websites....
DantesKing
5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Is there side effects of you do some of the exercises wrongly? I seem to have done an exercise wrongly for the eyes, now I have a loss of muscle tone, not sure if it is from the exercises..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:
Is there side effects of you do some of the exercises wrongly? I seem to have done an exercise wrongly for the eyes, now I have a loss of muscle tone, not sure if it is from the exercises..

DantesKing, which facial exercise program did/do you do? I am seriously considering starting with facial exercises, and the eye area is definitely one of my major concerns. The last thing I need is further loss of muscle tone Shock. Also, if you don't mind - how old are you?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
DantesKing
5% products discount

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
17 only.....I tried it for a week and it gave me a loss of muscle tone... Mad Too overzealous..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:
17 only.....I tried it for a week and it gave me a loss of muscle tone... Mad Too overzealous..

17 Shock !!!??? Do you really think you need to do facial exercises at such a young age?
Perhaps you just need to relax and enjoy your young skin. Protect it (sunscreen, hats, etc) and enjoy it!! Wink
All the best!!
Rubby (42 years old and in need of facial exercise Rolling Eyes )

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I get this tape? I want it too.

silicon1 wrote:
linder wrote:
lorimcp wrote:
linder wrote:
I do Carol Maggio Facercise. I have for about a year now. Great results. Linder

Do you have the book, I think it may be 10 years old, or is there a newer version/ DVD? I have an older version of the book, but I am never good at keep it up.

I have the DVD. I got that from her web site. The book is a newer version. I do the DVD once a day and then where I need the most help I do those exercises through out the day.Linder

I also do Carol Maggio's regime and with excellent results I might add. Even if I go a couple of months without doing them.

I just pop in the tape an follow along. It's really great b/c my eyes open up more, my lips fuller and I seem to get an "instant" face lift. I highly recommend Very Happy
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:

How could exercises (overzealous or not) lead to loss of muscle tone? I don't understand.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Dantes I dont think one week of exercises can do that Confused Even if they are done wrong. I mean it takes yrs of facial expressions to form lines.

Seriously at 17 you dont need to be worrying about face exercise or wrinkles etc! Just look after your skin with sunscreen etc.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I overstretched my eyelid muscle and I think IO tore some muscle cells as a result..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I do FlexEffect by Deb Crowley. Initially I did research on the web and narrowed it down to two programs Facercise and FlexEffect. I bought both programs, and for me FlexEffect is hand down far more effective then Facercise. I do a couple of exercises from Facercise, but everything else comes from FlexEffect.

FlexEffect is much more involved, includes resistance training with the hands. It is more strenuous, and it is recommended to do it for 30 min each day. However I think if you do it even for 15 minutes with a careful selection of balanced exercises, it is worth it, and still better then Facercise.

FlexEffect has forum specifically for registered facial builders dong FlexEffect. If you purchase their program (book + DVD), you can register as such... There are online trainers that give advise and other users to share ideas. This is my second month in FlexEffect trining, and I can see improvements in eyes, and cheeks. Do not have this sad tired look anymore, I actually like to look in the mirror now. And the best of all I expect that with the help of FlexEffect I will not need facial surgeries, face lifts done Smile Smile Smile Just need to stick to it.... There are before/after pictures of actual users on flexeffect site.

Again, based on what you want to achieve it is an individual call what suites better for each of us.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
mpstat, have you seen any improvements in the neck area? Do you do exercises for that area? What types are they? Thanks!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
charis, FlexEffect has five or six neck exercises. One neck exercise on DVD and 5-6 in a book. Some neck exercises in a book are quite advanced with weights Exclamation . And on Flexeffect board people report good results.

I did not get to the full set of FlexEffect exercises... and have not gotten to all neck exercises yet.... There are 45 exercises total.. I started with 14 exercises offered on DVD, and gradually expend adding other ones. I focus on areas of my primary concern (eyes & cheeks) first... and with doing only one neck exercise so far I am not well positioned to answer the question Sad Again people on FlexEffect board did report positive results. well...

There is one neck exercise, "kiss the ceiling" that I was doing prior to starting FlexEffect, and I like this exercise. Is is a free exercise posted on ageless web site: "Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Start puckering your lips together in a kiss and stretch the kiss, as if you were trying to kiss the ceiling. Keep your lips puckered for 10 counts, then relax, bring your head back to its normal position and repeat 5 times."
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I was using Facial Magic for years. But, now since I'm older (56), I wanted something where I didn't touch my face and accidently pull the skin.

Here's a link to some that I absolutely love. Seriously, the one where you tilt your head back and "kiss" the ceiling is wonderful for the jawline and neck. For the cheekbones, there's always the lion's pose.

Edited: ooops! I forgot to add the link:www.dermaxime.com/facial-exercises.htm

Interesting! I will try to see how it works out. Thanks!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I do have a suggestion.... to improve on your neck and necklines, you nod forward and backward.... while watching tv.... as we grow older, this area is becoming a problem!

catski wrote:
I'd love to find a brief routine that's tried and tested, that I can do, say, while watching TV.

Does anyone have a recommendation, please?

(I want particularly to do some neck excercise to stop turkey neck coming Sad , and something to refine cheekbone structure.)
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Another good one is too jut your chin forward, hold for 10 seconds and release. Ive been doing it about 10 times. You can feel your chin/jaw area working.

In fact when i havent done it for awhile, i can feel the muscles shake a bit.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |