Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I have been using FacialFlex for approximately 3 months and am starting to see a slight improvement in the cheek area. But I would like to see improvement from the corners of my mouth to my chin - I have folds that I would like to target. Anyone have any facial exercises or suggestions?
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently doing the "kiss the ceiling" exercise to get rid of the frightening beginnings of a double chin Shock and I am so excited to say that only after about 10 days the area has tightened up tremendously! Very Happy Im planning on buying the FlexEffect exercise program to work on other areas of my face, although nothing too noticeable other than the chin has plagued me yet. Im 23 and I think that these exercises would be good to do to prevent unwanted facial sagging (although I will not do them rigorously). What does everyone think?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I have been using FacialFlex for approximately 3 months and am starting to see a slight improvement in the cheek area. But I would like to see improvement from the corners of my mouth to my chin - I have folds that I would like to target. Anyone have any facial exercises or suggestions?

stovetop the new flex away has been designed to target that area more

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 - Thanks for the info - have you tried the flex away? If so, what improvement have you
seen?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
I am currently doing the "kiss the ceiling" exercise to get rid of the frightening beginnings of a double chin Shock and I am so excited to say that only after about 10 days the area has tightened up tremendously! Very Happy Im planning on buying the FlexEffect exercise program to work on other areas of my face, although nothing too noticeable other than the chin has plagued me yet. Im 23 and I think that these exercises would be good to do to prevent unwanted facial sagging (although I will not do them rigorously). What does everyone think?

angelwings - I would think that since you are young, you need to use exercises to address immediate needs, such as double chin in your case. At the same time because of your age you should not experience sagging yet, maybe when you start approaching thirty you need to do facial exercises to a fuller extend, and definitely for those over forty they are a must... Hope it helps!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
carolb69 - Thanks for the info - have you tried the flex away? If so, what improvement have you
seen?

Im still waiting for it to arrive. Been over 2 weeks! Im in Aus though but still, other things ive ordered around the same time have arrived Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 - Pls post your results when you start to see them - In addition to the FacialFlex, I just ordered from ebay "The Tal Reinhart Facial Workout" and have asked Santa for the Tua Viso.
I have declared war on my sagging jowls.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mpstat. Im going to focus on my chin and jawline area and then later on I will work on other things as needed. Surprised I told my mom (who has beautiful skin and has never done anything but soap and water!!) that she has to do some with me and she has agreed-even though everyone already thinks she's my sister! lol They do say on the FlexEffect site that its never too late to start, and that for those who start it when they are young "time seems to stand still." But that could just be a sales gimmick to reach more of the younger crowd; I still wont do all of the exercises yet.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
Thanks mpstat. Im going to focus on my chin and jawline area and then later on I will work on other things as needed.....

You are welcome angelwings! It is awesome that your mom is supportive of you, as well as you might have good genes in terms of skin Smile
I do FlexEffect, and find FlexEffect boards very helpful.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
While im waiting for the flexaway to arrive ive been doing some exercises myself. I have to say my face seems to respond fast to facial exercises. Ive been doing some cheek ones and eyelid ones and some chin/jaw one's.

I dont really have sagging issues yet but i can feel a difference in my lower cheeks(feels tighter)and eyelids seem lifted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 - what specific exercises are you doing? I am very interested in exercises for beneath the eye brow area.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
hi all, I am a newby to this topic.
I am very interested to know if this kind of facial excercises can improve eye bags. Question
Can anyone share? THX~~
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I used the facialflex but stopped after I had the permanent filler artefill.....I probably should start it up again.I have bought other programs but honestly this is the easiest to do of all,it goes in your mouth, its 2 minutes a day twice a day.I do them in my car on my way to and from work. I dont have 30 minutes a day for those other programs!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just so you know, the 30 minute routine for programs like Flex Effect does not all have to be done at one time. You can also break them up and do them throughout the day. (Some in the shower, on the way to and from work, before you go to bed etc.), and they are still effective this way. Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
The choice of facial exercise program greatly depends on the areas of concern.

Ideally our facial structure should have balance between all the muscles, so that all muscles are toned, including eye area with lids, forehead, etc. For example well developed mouth muscles would be out of balance with droopy eyes.

FlexEffect addresses all facial/neck muscles possible, this is the reason why it takes more time to do FlexEffect exercises.
Achieving high degree of results requires high degree of dedication.

As angelwings pointed out FlexEffect exercises could be spread throughout a day, not done at once. Usually people in the beginning of FlexEffect start with a small number of exercises (about 14), and gradually increase them to a full set (40 +). That might take time from months to even years, while you are mastering the full set of exercises and getting adjusted. Doing exercises should not be stressful, but it should to become a habit.

I have been doing FlexEffect for about half a year, and still not doing a full set. But I do have a balanced set of exercises that covers various facial muscles.
AZGirl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat
Curious to know if you see a lot of improvement from the exercises. I just ordered FlexEffect and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I will be taking pictures before and along the way to mark the progress.
Do you have any before and after photos to share?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
AZGirl wrote:
mpstat
Curious to know if you see a lot of improvement from the exercises. I just ordered FlexEffect and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I will be taking pictures before and along the way to mark the progress.
Do you have any before and after photos to share?

I do see improvement from the exercises, I can feel that my upper cheeks are plumper. What is interesting that I somehow managed to work out left cheek more then the right one, it is not visible when I look at the face, but I can feel it when I touch both the cheeks. Smile Smile

I do not have pictures, I tried to photograph myself, but the pictures turned out of a poor quality. Sad On a positive note, in addition to my cheeks, my eyes look more rested, and my lips are plumper. (this is with one advanced lip exercise only!) Very Happy

As I mentioned, I do not do a full set of exersises yet. My goal to reach the full set within a year or two. I do exersises for about 15 - 20 minutes a day instead of 30 minutes, and a lot of them are variations of original exercises I learned on FlexEffect boards. I found that some variations work better for me then original exercises, so I am still in learning mode. I did get though a couple of rough periods while figuring out what was working better for me...I know that I should put more effort into it, because I do see results from what I have been doing already...

I like how I look now Very Happy Very Happy Just this tiredness in the look of my eyes is gone.... It is overall look that I have achieved so far I like Very Happy Very Happy

After I was doing the exercises for two months, my hairdresser noticed that I looked "fresher" and asked what I was doing Wink Also, lately I was traveling a lot, and did not get enough sleep with early morning flights. To my surprise when I was terribly tiered I did not look as if I was just "dug out from the grave" with spooky eyes, and doggy face. I looked good!!! Very Happy I attribute this "fresher" look to doing exercises...
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow mpstat! Not having the tired look because of FlexEffect is very inspiring!
AZGirl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mpstat,
Now I'm more anxious to get mine and get started.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to get my FlexEffect too! I hope it works. I'm thinking of not doing the full programme, but just doing the areas I think need working on. Just my opinion, but i wonder if you need to be quite careful with face exercises and do them as-needed, otherwise you can overbuild? We will see. As I said in another thread, I think Carole Maggio's facercise was building up my neck, which I didn't want (I have a nice slender neck), so i have stopped those ones ... i hope my neck goes back to normal Confused

Let's share our flexeffect experiences once we get our dvd/book in the post ... Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
You are welcome! Smile Once you get started with FlexEffect I strongly recommend you to sign up for Facialbuilders Only WorkShop Forum.

The forum has very useful information; pay special attention to FlexEffect Workshop ==> Target Training sub-board. I got lots of questions answering by simply reading the boards. We are all different and just like our skin responds differently to skin care products, our faces respond differently to exercises. What works for one might not work for another. The main thing to find what suits individually. As I mentioned I use lots of exercises variations, I especially like ones suggested by "Loli".

Good luck with starting the program!! Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well i got my flexaway device in the mail and i hate the bloody thing Sad I cant even get it in my mouth! Ive watched the dvd,read the instructions and it does not go in easily like demonstrated at all! I think ill be sending it back and trying flexeffect at some point. Just hope i kept the receipt.

mpstat are there any flexeffect exercises for upper cheeks you could give away? Ive got one where you pull down the apples of the cheeks and smile but i cant even feel the muscles working when i do it...

stovetopsorry for the late reply but i think i posted the exercises im doing a few pages back. Ill have a look.

Here it is http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://searchwarp.com/swa64477.htm

I just find i tend to get lazy about it though. And i only have time at night sometimes and feel tired when im doing them so probably dont put as much effort in as i could.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
...mpstat are there any flexeffect exercises for upper cheeks you could give away? Ive got one where you pull down the apples of the cheeks and smile but i cant even feel the muscles working when i do it...

carol69 - after reading FlexEffect boards and making adjustments to the exercise program that suit me individually, I found that the majority of exercises I am doing are not exactly like in a book but variations of those. I think I can give a variation of the upper cheek exercise that I learned on FlexEffect board. Not sure if I can describe it clearly… hmm .

Exercise
There are three muscles on each side of the face that start above the lips and end below eyes in a fan like manner (cheek apples below eyes). With both hands pull down your upper lip, closer below and to the side of the nostrils (this is where the muscles start). Simultaneously contract those muscles (sort of like a grin). You need to feel the muscles contraction (in the cheeck apples area, closer to the eyes). Hold for several seconds and release. Repeat several times.

On the board though it is being accompanied by picture diagrams of targeted muscles that makes it so much easier to understand the exercise and feel the muscles.

I myself do even a farther variation of the exercise, which is difficult to explain without pictures or photographs.

Deb encourages people to get a complete system, and even grants access to the FlexEffect Facialbuilders board only to those who purchased the system (book + DVD). At some point I remember we were giving a pledge on FlexEffect board to be discrete about access. Probably this is why people are reluctant to give FlexEffect instructions outside of FlexEffect boards.

I feel that verbal descriptions of exercises can not give a good picture, understanding, and detail. The boards a truly a great supplement to the book and the discussions there often accompanied with diagrams. If you want to try FlexEffect, I would recommend to get the set and read the boards. This way you would learn what is better for you individually, what is not working for you, what you might do differently…. Good luck Very Happy
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 - Thanks for the info. Hope you find a system that works!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat thanks for that. I think i probably will get the system. After chrissy and the new year is over and im not so broke Surprised

Merry Christmas Everyone Very Happy

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |