Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

products that are proven to reduce or get rid of cellulite?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there. do you know if there are any ingredients or products that are proven to reduce and/or get rid of cellulite. Eating better and exercising is not helping, I know I might always have it, but am looking for something to reduce the appearance.
thanks!
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I know you didn't ask me but I excercise regulary and eat well and have always had trouble with cellulite. I have tried the Murad Firm and Tone system including the supplements which did have some effect but the one thing that completely fixed my cellulite was regular use of a far infrared sauna.
In fact I am now buying my own.
Try searching the internet for Infra red saunas or search for the names like
saunaray, saunacore, great saunas and mobilitycenter. I am too new a member to post website addresses- sorry!
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
oh that's interesting. HOw did you hear about infrared saunas helping cellulite? I"ll have to check those out. Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Jenhelen7 wrote:
I know you didn't ask me but I excercise regulary and eat well and have always had trouble with cellulite. I have tried the Murad Firm and Tone system including the supplements which did have some effect but the one thing that completely fixed my cellulite was regular use of a far infrared sauna.
In fact I am now buying my own.
Try searching the internet for Infra red saunas or search for the names like
saunaray, saunacore, great saunas and mobilitycenter. I am too new a member to post website addresses- sorry!

Jenhelen, is this thing you are talking about something you actually go INSIDE of (or am I thinking "steam room"?) or is it a device you use on your body? And by "fix" your cellulite, you mean what exactly? Please elaborate ... did it make it go away completely, did it reduce its appearance but you still have it, etc.

Please give details! TIA! Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I looked up saunaray, etc. and found out they are actual structures that you go inside. Really neat, but where on earth would I put one in my tiny apartment?

I did find this device:

Its an infrared body massager and its only $138.00 USD. I found it on this site: http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=18275

I e-mailed them a while ago about this product (had forgotten all about it by now!) and asked if it really worked and if they said (of course!) that it did, that they'd had no returns on it, but that they do take returns (minus restocking fee, I think) if you are unsatisfied. Wonder if it really works?

Oh, great, ANOTHER device to add to my growing list! I better let Scalawaggirl know, so she can go out and get one - we seem to be on the same wavelength as far as this stuff goes!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:

Oh, great, ANOTHER device to add to my growing list! I better let Scalawaggirl know, so she can go out and get one - we seem to be on the same wavelength as far as this stuff goes!

hehehe...

Now I would by this gizmo if it worked!! Please Scalawaggirl buy it!!! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, I despair about cellulite. I'm thinking my only really effective solution might be sandblasting! Laughing
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Oh, cellulite Confused
I certainly have it. I know lots of people who do, and try to get rid of it by creams, potions, massage, etc. Unfortunately, what I understand is that your body either stores fat as cellulite or it doesn't. So, that is why you can have a thin person who still has a bumpy appearance(cellulite) to their thighs and butt. The only way to reduce cellulite is to reduce the amount of body fat you have - build more lean muscle, that is. Not a popular answer - I certainly wish I could slather a cream on my thighs and have mine disappear, but no dice!
I prefer to save my money for other things.
Of course, maybe someday they will come up with a cure.. Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh yee little demons of temptation! Image Thanks, MermaidGirl, we are on the same wavelength!!! I am taking the Santica Gold 2x/day regularly now and will not make a decision until I've been on them for atleast 3 months.

I do have to disagree with you, Elizasue. Smile This is due to my experience in this area and having taken Lipo 6, which almost erased my cellulite. However, I wanted a more natural product and so am trying the Santica. I think that is not just the way fat is stored but also how your body rids itself of toxins and what state your circulatory system is in. I have a very sluggish digestive system and so must take fiber regularly. For whatever reason, the Lipo6 worked very well for me (I eat healthily, drink lots of water and exercise - have done so most of my life) and no amount of the afore-mentioned activities helped. I've been fit but had cellulite. What a bitch that is.

In any event, I may have to try this little device out - considering MermaidGirl's been kind enough to do a little research.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil and have been pleased with the results. I think my skin looks more toned. But, as others have said, improving muscle tone and reducing the amount of overall fat on one's body is key. The most dramatic improvement I saw in my thigh area resulted from lots of walking (about 5 miles a day) and a regular yoga routine.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Oh yee little demons of temptation! Image Thanks, MermaidGirl, we are on the same wavelength!!! I am taking the Santica Gold 2x/day regularly now and will not make a decision until I've been on them for atleast 3 months.

I do have to disagree with you, Elizasue. Smile This is due to my experience in this area and having taken Lipo 6, which almost erased my cellulite. However, I wanted a more natural product and so am trying the Santica. I think that is not just the way fat is stored but also how your body rids itself of toxins and what state your circulatory system is in. I have a very sluggish digestive system and so must take fiber regularly. For whatever reason, the Lipo6 worked very well for me (I eat healthily, drink lots of water and exercise - have done so most of my life) and no amount of the afore-mentioned activities helped. I've been fit but had cellulite. What a bitch that is.

In any event, I may have to try this little device out - considering MermaidGirl's been kind enough to do a little research.
[img]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/mini-
devil-28492.gif[/img]

Did you use the lipo 6 before or after they got rid of the ephedren in it?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
After. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
elizasue wrote:
Oh, cellulite Confused
I certainly have it. I know lots of people who do, and try to get rid of it by creams, potions, massage, etc. Unfortunately, what I understand is that your body either stores fat as cellulite or it doesn't. So, that is why you can have a thin person who still has a bumpy appearance(cellulite) to their thighs and butt. The only way to reduce cellulite is to reduce the amount of body fat you have - build more lean muscle, that is. Not a popular answer - I certainly wish I could slather a cream on my thighs and have mine disappear, but no dice!

I agree with this. I've always been thin, but never really muscular. Until recently my body fat percentage was probably higher than a person would guess, because I did appear to be thin. I did have cellulite though, but I got rid of it by eating a high protein/fat, low glycemic, vegan diet, drinking plenty of water, sprinting, and weight lifting. I do quater mile sprints 3x a week, and do squats, deadlifts, and lunges (all with weights) 2-3 times per week. I stick with low reps so I can build muscle. I think the best way to get rid of cellulite is eating clean, managing your body fat, and working out consistantly (and hard).
Loreg
5% products discount

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I only want to add that if you plan to buy a device to help get rid of cellulite, just remember that you must have discipline and use it daily, otherwise it will not work. You must use it at least ten minutes per zone.
For instance, I rarely use the device I bought some years ago, it is something similar to the one that MermaidGirl posted, but it is Philips, from Netherlands.
These devices are actually the home version of those more sophisticated that you have in a spa. I think that you can only see results (along with a healthy diet) if you use it daily. Unfortunately I cannot help. Sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I just want to say that I do agree that working out, healthy eating and overall lifestyle are important factors in managing cellulite; however, there are others such as hereditary traits like digestion, circulation, etc. that make it difficult for those who, in spite of following healthy guidelines, still need solutions.

So, thanks to all for the suggestions, it is helpful to gather as much information as possible.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Jenhelen, is this thing you are talking about something you actually go INSIDE of (or am I thinking "steam room"?) or is it a device you use on your body? And by "fix" your cellulite, you mean what exactly? Please elaborate ... did it make it go away completely, did it reduce its appearance but you still have it, etc.

Please give details! TIA! Very Happy[/quote]

As you can see from the other posts this is an actual sauna room. It is amazing how much ou can sweat in one of these things. I found out about it through my massage therapist who has one on site. She supplies white towells and you can actually see the dirt (toxins I assume)that sweats out of your body even though you are clean and showered before going in.
Using one of these things has greatly reduced my cellulite - I'd say by more than 70%.
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
I use Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil and have been pleased with the results. I think my skin looks more toned. But, as others have said, improving muscle tone and reducing the amount of overall fat on one's body is key. The most dramatic improvement I saw in my thigh area resulted from lots of walking (about 5 miles a day) and a regular yoga routine.

I second that.
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've tried a lot of products (and diet and exercise, too, I swear!) and have really disliked the menthol content of most of them. However, I have found one set of products that is actually effective in reducing - not eliminating - the appearance. Gernetic Vasco Artera with Lympho tonic. Expensive, but it not only smoothed out the cellulite, but reduced some spider veins, too. It doesn't help you lose weight, though, just changes the appearance and texture of the skin. You should be able to see the effect after a few weeks. Unfortunately, I was without scales for a couple of months while I was using it and started to think I was losing weight, so thought it quite appropriate to up my chocolate intake and while my cellulite was reducing, my weight actually increased!
alexisvu
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Oh yee little demons of temptation! Thanks, MermaidGirl, we are on the same wavelength!!! I am taking the Santica Gold 2x/day regularly now and will not make a decision until I've been on them for atleast 3 months.

Scally, could you please elaborate on the Lipo 6? Is it a drug? Who's the manufacturer and the website address, please! Thanks a ton!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
alexisvu wrote:
Scally, could you please elaborate on the Lipo 6? Is it a drug? Who's the manufacturer and the website address, please! Thanks a ton!

It's an ephedra-free fat burner and here's the manufacturer's website:

http://www.nutrex.com/lipo6.html

A few others that may be of interest from/a quick Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=lipo+6+Nutrex&btnG=Search

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
elizasue wrote:
Oh, cellulite Confused

I can't agree with this, some may genetically be blessed with a higher muscle/ fat ratio and do not have as much cellulite, but I think 80 % of it is fat vs muscle. I know I have always had a couple of problem areas since I was very young, but now I am in bad shape because I was very thin at one point. Now I am 20 lbs heavier and I did not replace that weight with muscle, it is all fat Sad

I can tell a difference when I work out more, eat better, etc. I just have to be consistent. With that I think some suppletments and detoxifying/ massage etc can help. But you really have to be consistent.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
And, drum roll, please...an UPDATE! Well, since many of you know that I am the queen of gadgets, I ordered the hand-held infrared massager that MermaidGirl posted. It does work - one poster pointed out that you need to use it, yep, 'tis true but it only requires 5 minutes per zone (according to instructions) and it, like my other gadgets, is easily used while watching TV.

I am also taking the Murad supplements 2x a day and am seeing my cellulite go away again. These results were obtained before using Lipo 6, which I've since shelved except for the occasional use.

Lastly, I got a Christmas present, tra la la. MermaidGirl, this is a cool option for tiny apartments - mine's not so tiny but I don't have much room, either - anyway, it's a personal infrared sauna that folds up! How cool is that??? I tried it out for the first time today and my body temperature is still quite warm so will continue with my tests - probably 3-4 times a week, I think. Here's where I got it (present I asked for, ha):

http://www.ib3health.com/products/InfraredSauna/ISPA.shtml

It sets up in about a minute; totally portable. Now, I just have to figure out where to store it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
blast you Swalawaggirl .... I'm on that website and now I want one of those saunas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
blast you Swalawaggirl .... I'm on that website and now I want one of those saunas.

ROFL, Rjez. I know! That's why I had to ask for it for a Christmas present as I promised myself I'd stop buying beauty supplies for awhile. It's the coolest thing, though, and a great option for the space-challenged. Gets warm, too! I started on 4 and had to knock it down to 3. I am still warm from the treatment and normally, I lean toward being cold.

If this things rids my cellulite for good, I will be one happy girl!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

Aaaaggghhh! I just can't keep up with her latest gadget additions! Scally, you have so many goodies that now you can open your own spa!

That website is so cool! There's about 10 things I want from it!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |