Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
RAVE: Best Bath Store Organic Acne Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I know I posted before about how I tried some samples from this place and what I thought of them, but when I posted I hadn't yet had a chance to really test out the acne serum, so now that I have I thought I'd write a review for it.

As you all know, I'm always on the lookout for organic acne serums that work well. I found a link to this store (www.bestbathstore.com ) via makeup alley, and when I saw the ingredients for this acne serum, I just had to try a sample. (You can get up to 3 generous samples for free, 5 if you make an order.) I was a bit curious--- I knew all about aloe, manuka honey, etc, but Helichrysum Hydrosol was new to me so I did a little research on it. Apparently this amazing stuff heals bruises, scars, and inflammation, not to mention calms redness. It's also supposed to be good for rashes, sunburn, and eczema.

So, how does this acne serum with all these amazing ingredients actually perform? Quite well, I'd say! I got lucky and went through a pretty clear period, but all of the sudden I got a handful of blemishes, so I extracted them and then covered my face in a layer of this serum. Not only did I wake up to find that my face was at least 80% healed, but I noticed my skintone was better--- less red, and more even. Since then I've been applying this serum all over my face once or twice a day, and not only have I not gotten any new blemishes (thank goodness!), but I've noticed that my scabs have been healing faster than usual, and my red acne scars are fading, yes!!!! Now, since I did also douse my face in Zenbiotic O2 after I did all of those extractions I can't give 100% of the credit to this acne serum, but I certainly think it helped. As a matter of fact, I think this serum would be helpful not just for acne but also for speeding the healing of acne scars. This serum is very gentle-- non-irritating and non-drying, so I really think that any skin type could use it. Like I mentioned in my precious review, there are some mysterious brown flecks in this serum, but by the time I moisturize they've disappeared, so I don't think they're a problem.

Now for the best part: the price! With all of these super pricey ingredients, I'd expect this serum to run around $50 a pop. Lucky for me, it's $20 for 4 oz. For an acne serum, 4 oz is huge!! I feel like I could pour it into a bath tub and bathe in it! Like I mentioned before, you can go to their website and try a sample for free, and the sample will probably last you at least a week or two, so it's a good way to get a feel for the product. (I also highly recommend trying their under-eye cream--- it's the best I've tried!) I'll keep using this and continue to update on how much my scars fade, etc.

Here are the ingredients:
Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Comfrey Infused Witch Hazel, Extracts of Red Clover and Burdock Root, Manuka Honey, Manuka Oil, Xanthum Gum, Helichrysum & Litsea Cubeba Essential Oils

I posted some promotion codes for this place in the Lounge section in case anyone wants to use them when they order...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, Liz! Ok, you got me. I can't really afford this but I'm going to get it. My face is just horrible right now. Crying or Very sad I'm trying so hard to use up what I have, be natural and heal my face that I am so frustrated because I am only seeing a little improvement. This sounds like what I need for sure. I know that our skins are different but I still think it's worth a try for this stuff. Thanks for the review!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Oh elly, I know just how you feel--- it's so frustrating!! Why not try the free sample first--- that way, if you don't like it, you aren't out any $$. Good luck, and please keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered my samples of the acne serum, facial scrub and toner.

I'm just not dazzled by my Juice Beauty. I was going to try Jan Marini's bioglycolic cream, as it has rave reviews on some sites...but I'll try this first as it's much cheaper and more economical!

Thanks manslayerliz!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea about the sample. I am so frustrated that I just figured that I'd buy a full jar (I still might, I haven't looked yet). I'm so tired of looking so bad.

I've tried so many samples of the juice beauty serums and I'm just not wowed by them. This sounds nice. I'll order some samples. Thanks!
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz..

Which acne serum do you like better? the one from Escents or BBS?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
amaska wrote:
Manslayerliz..

Which acne serum do you like better? the one from Escents or BBS?

I have to say that I prefer the BBS serum. The escents one smells nicer (it has this really gorgeous aromatherapy smell), but the BBS serum seems to make my skin look better. HTH!

Also, I wanted to add one more bit of advice. When I first got my sample I just dotted tiny dabs of it onto my trouble spots, but I've found that it works MUCH better if you just smear on a nice thick layer before bed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,

Do you prefer this or Yonka Emulsion Pure? I'm surprised you still get a handful of breakouts since you're still on taz right? But i'm glad you found something that works for you. Thanks for the great review!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Liz,

Do you prefer this or Yonka Emulsion Pure? I'm surprised you still get a handful of breakouts since you're still on taz right? But i'm glad you found something that works for you. Thanks for the great review!

Hi dollbird! Yes, I'm frustrated to still be getting occasional break outs despite all my prescriptions--- it's just not fair! As for whether I prefer the BBS serum or the Yonka EP, I like them both about equally but for different reasons. EP is still unrivaled in terms of reducing redness and inflammation in a monster blemish if you use it in a compress or a bandaid. However, in terms of all-over skin improvement and scar-lightening, the BBS serum wins. I'll definitely keep you updated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, I tried to do a search on this store on the MAU boards but nothing came up. I was curious how you stumbled across it. Can you fill me in? I'm just trying to find something (for pete's sake anything) that might help me!

By the way, I'm like you on this serum. I love that it has the manuka honey and some of the other ingredients. I've wanted to try that honey -- it sounds helpful.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
elly, it was one of those square banner advertisements that appear at the top of the page, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to find it by searching. Apparently it's a brand new line, so there's not a lot of info available on it--- I'm hoping I can entice some of the other EDS girls into writing reviews of the samples/products they try so I know what else I should be trying from them.^_^ I've talked to the CEO via email, though, and he sounds like a very nice gentleman. He's very dedicated to healing skin through the natural, organic approach, and he's not a big fan of chemicals or parabens, so the company philosophy sounds very good to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
dollbird wrote:
Liz,

Hi dollbird! Yes, I'm frustrated to still be getting occasional break outs despite all my prescriptions--- it's just not fair! As for whether I prefer the BBS serum or the Yonka EP, I like them both about equally but for different reasons. EP is still unrivaled in terms of reducing redness and inflammation in a monster blemish if you use it in a compress or a bandaid. However, in terms of all-over skin improvement and scar-lightening, the BBS serum wins. I'll definitely keep you updated!

Thanks for clarifying Liz! I know exactly what you mean about blemishes that pop out of nowhere...drives me crazy wondering what causes them- stress/ingrown hair/environment/hormones/skincare products?? Oh well...at least you're armed with a good arsenal of acne fighting products. Will be watching this thread!
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I feel like I'm your little Mini-Me following behind you trying out what you come up with next! Laughing I've tried the shampoo and conditioners that you've recommended and now I'm lemming the skin stuff. I know we have sort of different types of skin but it's so helpful for you to find this stuff! Eventually, when I finally do put in my order for Zenbiotic, I'm going to mention your name so you get a discount next time!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
ellyp wrote:
I feel like I'm your little Mini-Me following behind you trying out what you come up with next! Laughing I've tried the shampoo and conditioners that you've recommended and now I'm lemming the skin stuff. I know we have sort of different types of skin but it's so helpful for you to find this stuff! Eventually, when I finally do put in my order for Zenbiotic, I'm going to mention your name so you get a discount next time!

LOL!! I think that you and I both gravitate toward natural stuff, so I can totally see us being drawn to the same products, even if our skin types are a little different. Be sure to let me know when you do try the Zenbiotic products--- I think they are really spectacular! (Just placed another order with them... Surprised )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for mentioning this! Are you applying the serum at night, in morning, or both? Do you use it to spot-treat, or are you applying it all over your face?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Thanks for mentioning this! Are you applying the serum at night, in morning, or both? Do you use it to spot-treat, or are you applying it all over your face?

Recently I've been just applying it at night, all over in a semi-thick layer, and it seems to work really well that way, both at healing new stuff and preventing new break outs. Although, when I was desperately trying to heal my active blemishes I wore a layer of it all over my face during the day too and it definitely helped. Like I said before, the bottle is HUGE, so even if you use it all over your face, it will take forever to use it up.

While I'm at it, I thought I would give a little mini-update. Like I said, a few days ago I actually got hit with 4 blemishes at once, ugh! I extracted them all and started using this acne serum all over my face, and within a couple days, 3 out of the 4 blemishes were almost completely healed. However, I did have one that was lingering, so last night after my shower I peeled the scab off (I know, not preferred, LOL), squeezed out the rest of the head, and then attacked it with Zenbiotic Oxytoner, Zenbiotic O2, BBS acne serum, and then a dab of neosporin for good measure. Then I spread a layer of BBS all over my face for good measure and went to bed. And this morning--- it's like a miracle. First of all that last lingering blemish is all but gone, and the rest of my face looks fantastic--- glowing, skintone more even, scars fading--- needless to say, I'm very pleased.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for telling us about this site! I got samples of the acne gel, face bar and shea butter bar last week. I've only really used the gel and I agree that it helps with healing A LOT. I just ordered a full size bottle and 5 more samples of new stuff. I did the live online help for the first time and it was great... really fast and helpful. I think Justin is the owner, and he told me he would add an extra sample of the dead sea bath salts to compare with some others I ordered.

I kind of like the smell of the acne gel, it reminds me of sour skittles. Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a sample of this...note to those who use paypal to pay, if you don't click "Return to Store" after you pay, they don't get your order (fault with paypal).

But they were nice enough to contact me today and let me know about the problem, I simply emailed them back Smile

Great customer service! I'm really hoping this works well for me...much more economical than any other acne product I'd tried!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz,

Do you have a set routine for your skin or do you change it up? It seems like I use quite a few of the same products you use and I was wondering what order you use them in, mainly where you fit in the BBS gel, since you use prescription stuff as well.

Thanks!
Rikki

BTW, I got my order from BBS and they sent 8 samples instead of 5!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yay!! You're welcome, my sushi secret! (And Paris, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think, too!^-^) Sushi, I'm really looking forward to hearing about what you think about the other BBS products you try--- I also recently placed a full-size order complete with more samples, so an updated review is definitely forthcoming.

In the meantime, because of how gentle/non-reactive the BBS Acne serum is, I've found it very easy to add in to my routine, even with the bajillion prescriptions I use. In the morning I wash, tone, let my finacea soak in, then apply the BBS serum and continue with my routine, and then at night I wash, tone, let my taz soak in, and then apply the BBS serum again and continue with moisture, etc. If I have time, I let the BBS serum dry before continuing with my moisturizer, but sometimes I just go straight to the Caudalie grape water and phyto moisture and it's been working fine like that too. So far it's been working really well for me, although since my skin has calmed down I've only recently been applying it on scars and areas I'm trying to heal instead of my whole face. Hahaha, and yes, the sour-skittles smell has kind of grown on me, LOL! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
i received my sample, liquid form right? but i had a pimple that was in the beginning stage of becoming a huge problem. so i dapped this on and the next morning, the pimple became a white head. i carefully popped it and so forth, than applied more and it's gone. there's still a red mark on my skin because i had popped it but it's so much better than before. it would just become bigger and cyst like.

Thank you manslayerliz!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Still waiting for my samples because of paypal confusion, but how big is the sample? 1/4 oz?

Thanks!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Still waiting for my samples because of paypal confusion, but how big is the sample? 1/4 oz?

Thanks!!!

Paris--- I think it's about 1/4 oz. Using it twice a day it lasted me about 2 weeks, so it's definitely a generous sample. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order for the lip balm, eye cream, acne serum and several soaps. I hope I love them, the ingredients look really wonderful and now that Im on my organic/natural-I say this as I smoke! Embarassed-kick their right up my alley(and budget!)!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I recived my order yesterday...pretty fast Id say. I LOVE the lip balm, when I first put it on I wasnt so sure--it was still cold from being in the mailbox and it seemed to be really gritty. NOT SO! Once it had warmed up it was so lovely! It seriously made any dead skin on my lips come right off, the result was the smoothest lips I have had all fall/winter and summer for that matter! Granted I did exfoliate my lips with aspirin before hand but, as that is a part of my nightly cleansing ritual anyway(and I always appy lipbalm after washing my face)--nothing has retained so much moisture and made my lips so soft! Still this morning when I woke up they were soft and plump. I think this LB is shaping up to be a HG! The eye cream is lovely too, I think it takes longer to see effects from this sort if treatment so I'll hold off on doing a review of this but first impression--I Love it! Very Happy The Acne treatment gel isnt necessarly a pleasent thing to use but then again these sort of products rarely are. As long as its effective who cares right? I'll update later on that. The soaps are really nice too, I got the Lavender body bar, dead sea body bar and the Shea butter body bar. I havent used these yet b/c I bought them for traveling, however the scents are so beautiful and organic, Im 99% sure I will love these too! Cant wait to try them out!

Thanks Liz for turning me on to this brand! Very Happy

The Intensive Under Eye Treatment: $34.95 0.5OZ
Ingredients: Rose Bulgarian Hydrosol, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Rosehip Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Raw Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, CO2 Combo, Vitamin E, Caffeine, Ester C, Vitamin K, Xanthum Gum, Helichrysum, Rose and Lavender Essential Oils.

Lavender Body Bar: Price: $8.95 5OZ
Ingredients: Olive, Palm, Coconut, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Apricot Kernel, Castor, Distilled Water, Allantoin, Silk Fibers, Ground Lavender Buds, Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil.

Dead Sea Body Bar: Price: $9.95 5 OZ
Ingredients: Olive, Palm, Coconut, Castor, Distilled Water, Dead Sea Mud, Dead Sea Salt, Allantoin, and Silk Fibers.

Shea Butter Body Bar: Price: $8.95 5Ooz
Ingredients: Olive, Palm, Coconut, Shea Butter, Avocado, Castor, Distilled Water, Allantoin, Silk Fibers and an Essential oil blend of Infused Vanilla Bean, Spearmint, Sweet Orange and Lime Essential Oils.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |