Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Restylane Injections - Undereye Area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had Restylane injections in the undereye area. I know that it is usually used in the Nasolabial folds and someone mentioned to me at a Salon yesterday that it is an option to try instead of comsetic surgery to help with the hollows under my eye area. Anyone have this done under the eye? Thanks!

5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Some one in this forum had it done and posted pictures. I was thinking of having it done as well and thats actually how i found this site. I cant remember the name but you may be able to find it here. she was very badly bruised in the eye area but afterwards looked great. I have had it done on the nasio folds and my derm told me it can be done under the eyes but there is a minimum 2 week down time. still trying to decide what do to do myself cos the nasio fold injections kinda hurt. hope you can find those pics.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I would love to know the answer also as I have deep set eyes, would love to fill in the hollows under the eyes. I am thinking of also getting
restylane next year in the nasolabial folds but would like to know someone else experience and the results.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I had it done a long time ago and was totally disatisfied. It didn't plump in the right places except when I was bruised and after the swelling went down I ended up with lumpy skin. It depends on where the problem is if you're talking 'undereyes' because there's just so far in they can go.
passionfruit
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I had restalyne injections in the nasio folds and while it did hurt a bit (lots in some places) I am very happy with the results. Its been 5 months now and it still seems to be working.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines,
I had dinner last night with a friend I haven't seen in several months. She looks fabulous and she mentioned having the undereye injections done this past June. She did say she had some bruising but she's very happy with the results and like I said she looks great.

Kim
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had the under eye injections, I was really bruised and looked awful for couple of weeks, I don't think I will have it done again. I am really leary of around the eye work I did go to to a plastic surgeon and had it done. It is pricey and I now spend my money on skin care instead injections. Unless you are going to go for the Big One (face lift) I think you are spending money on things that you will have to be doing ever 6 months for so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I HAD RADIESSE IN MY NASAL FOLDS today,its longer lasting than resty,resty only lasts 30 days for me, everyone will metabolize fillers at different rates,I burn them up I think because I work out a lot. Some people are lucky and have resty last 6 mos or longer quite a few dont get that log of time.You should ALWAYS get a dental block for injections in the nasal area otherwise its quite painful;there is a lot of info on fillers onwww.makemeheal.com also,www.yesthey'refake.com . Anyway radiesse is the longest lasting filler,not recommended for under eyes though.Fat grafting is good for that and can be permenent but you have to go to someone experienced like dr ellenbogen in Beverly hills,he invented it and has done more than 40,000.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow lucyluc! what a great idea--to get a dental block before you get injections into your nasolabial folds! Now, with that new information, I just may go for the injections! There are also creams out there that can numb the skin, but I can't imagine them being nearly effective as the nerve block. Thanks for the info and I'm going to take a look at those sites you posted, too.
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
OH, for sure have the dental block, because the injections would hurt something awful!! I had my lips permanetly colored and had a dental block for that too, although some don't have it for lips. When I had my touch up I didn't get a block for that and there wasn't much pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I had resty in the nsaolabial and my mouth corners and it was painful (no dental blocks). I had less pain with childbirth. I have not tried under the eyes because I bruise horribly and have been advised not to, but also because for me the resty is a little lumpy in places where it binds. Definately get a practiced technician or a plastic surgeon for that area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, you are so right about pain. Shock Shock I won't do any more resty. I have a small bubble on my top lip, so that is enough for me. I think the resty is kinda of a ify product anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Wow lucyluc! what a great idea--to get a dental block before you get injections into your nasolabial folds! Now, with that new information, I just may go for the injections! There are also creams out there that can numb the skin, but I can't imagine them being nearly effective as the nerve block. Thanks for the info and I'm going to take a look at those sites you posted, too.

Just to say I used a cream when I had my tattoo done(I am such a wimp) Rolling Eyes & it really didn't hurt a bit.
However I agree that it might not be enough to numb the pain in the nasolabial folds. When I had those done the guy did something to numb the pain anyway but it still hurt. If I had it done again I would use the cream as well. Idea

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
passionfruit wrote:
Some one in this forum had it done and posted pictures. I was thinking of having it done as well and thats actually how i found this site.

Passionfruit, I've tried to find the photos and have been unable to. Can you see if you can find it here since you were able to do it once?

lucyluc wrote:
... Anyway radiesse is the longest lasting filler,not recommended for under eyes though.Fat grafting is good for that and can be permenent but you have to go to someone experienced like dr ellenbogen in Beverly hills,he invented it and has done more than 40,000.

Lucy, thank you for that information on Dr. Ellenbogen! One day hopefully I'll be able to see him about my undereye area!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
if you plan to get radiesse in nasal folds you need first a numbing cream, then a dental block in the same area. Trust me, once I didnt have the dental block it felt like a nail going through my face I was sweating and in so much pain and my dr. I think he was a little miffed at me for NOT doing it because HE was uncomfortable hurting me so much. I was afraid it would affect my speech and didnt want my husband to know, never again.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
How much does Radiesse cost in comparison to Resty?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
It depnds on who you go to,pricing can vary from 800 to 1500 pr vial. You can sometimes buy one third of a tube for 250, if you only need a little or you can buy the whole thing and "bank" the rest for touchups in the future.Its the only filler I have found that lasts pretty long.Resty does not last long, my dr has even complained to the co that his patients do not get the 6mos to a yr that is touted by the co. A permanent filler called artefill is coming out in Jan. but my dr. says it is not safe to use unless you have a VERY experienced injector, you could be permanently lumpy,he has seen it.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I believe you are talking about Artecoll? I have had two syringes and was thrilled both times with the results. It was approved for use in Canada first. It last anywhere from 5-10 yrs. My first was done for nasolobial folds and the second for some of my deeper acne scars.

HTH
Sherri
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for being ignorant! What is dental block?

SherriinCanada - Did it fill up and make the acne scars disappear? What type of acne scars is it good for? Are there any side effects with it? Did it hurt and how expensive was it?

Thanks.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Yes it filled in depressions from acne scars. It is 800.00 cdn per syringe. I didnt think it hurt at all to be honest. The risks are that if not done properly it could leave bumps under the skin that hard to fix. I had mild yellowish bruising for a couple days after both times.

HTH
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh decisions, decisions. I definitely would like to try the Restylane, but will of course, go for a consultation first. I want to wait until Spring of 2007 before I do any work on my face, since I am still losing weight and have lost 30 lbs. and have 30 lbs. more to go. See what my face is looking like at that point. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, lucyluc. I may have to resort to a filler with my naso labial lines. If so, I'll go for this. I'd hate to do Resty and need to re-do it in a couple of months!
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Is Artecoll and Radiesse available in the U.S. and do you know of any doctors in the Dallas, Ft. Worth, Tx. area that are doing the procedure Question Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
artecoll will be available in Jan, you can google it to find drs. or go to their websitewww.artesmedical.com . Radiesse you have to just call around or search the internet.
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to bump this topic because I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has gotten resty or radiesse in the under eye are.

I'm still young, 26, I hardly have wrinkles around my eyes, but my under eye area has always had hollows. I have noticed, however, that in the past 6 months the hollowness has increased greatly.

Also, besides the injections, is there a product out there that plumps up the under eye area to avoid these painful injections in the future????
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |