Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Teamine eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Song*
5% products discount

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried this???

My doc office just started carring this product. EDS has this product too at a much better price.

For this price I want to know how it compares to other eye creams.

Thanks for everyones help.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I have used it and liked it very much for its good lightening properties (undereye circles) plus moisturizing ingredients. I used it for circles and found that Eye Bright (cellularskinrx.com) and Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue did a better job of brightening but they are serums -not moisturizers- so I had to top them off with lightweight moisturizer like Nivea CoQ10 Eye cream. Nowadays though, I am using the Firming Peptide Eye cream (cellularskinrx.com) instead. It seems to do a good job of brightening and also has alot of matrixyl 3000 in it so my eye area is smoother-looking - much less lined. In any case, I did like the Teamine and if it was not quite so expensive (I paid over $50 for it), I would have continued using it probably.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I have used it and liked it very much for its good lightening properties (undereye circles) plus moisturizing ingredients. I used it for circles and found that Eye Bright (cellularskinrx.com) and Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue did a better job of brightening but they are serums -not moisturizers- so I had to top them off with lightweight moisturizer like Nivea CoQ10 Eye cream. Nowadays though, I am using the Firming Peptide Eye cream (cellularskinrx.com) instead. It seems to do a good job of brightening and also has alot of matrixyl 3000 in it so my eye area is smoother-looking - much less lined. In any case, I did like the Teamine and if it was not quite so expensive (I paid over $50 for it), I would have continued using it probably.

I also like the cellular skin rx eye bright. I'm getting an eye serum from Ice elements and will compare it to CSx when I've used it for awhile.
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for about 3 months now.

I got it from my dermatologist. She said some of her patients absolutely swear by it, but just as many said it made no difference whatsoever. 50/50 chances. Unfortunately, I fall into the no difference category. My dark circles remain as present and annoying as always.
In terms of moisturizing, I don't really know. It seems to work just fine, but that's not really an area I have problems. It does absorb well for applying under-eye concealer, though (which remains a necessity....).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Im almost finnished with my first jar but I've tried many others along the way, looking for something better. It does a great job of moisturizing and a fairly good job at dark circles. I thought it did nothing for puffiness. It is fairly expensive. Im not sure if I'll repurchase or not, there are others I want to try first.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
For dark circles, you need a treatment with vitamin K. That's the only thing that works for dark circles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I feel like a pain posting this everytime this subject comes up, but it's really cheap and has worked for many so it's worth a shot! It's in the recipe index but here it is.

Darren's (aka: pbsadhaka) homemade Dark Eye Circle's Buster:

pbsadhaka wrote:
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe:

Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1/4 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add 1 Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.

Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel. Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy!

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Song* - my derm carries this and I've been curious about it also. I did some research some on what people were saying about it and like Ch79 said its seemed to 50/50.

DarkMoon - I have been wanting to try this.
If I recall correctly (this was several months ago) the poster who had originally posted the recipe here had a mistake in the recipe. Do you know if this is the revised recipe?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl,

That is the recipe as listed in the index, I know that it has been posted elsewhere by another member (can't recall who) and myself and those that tried it were thrilled with the results, I have to assume that this is the corrected recipe. Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
DM - yes I believe you are correct. I did some searching and it does appear to be the correct recipe. Thanks for posting!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
DM - yes I believe you are correct. I did some searching and it does appear to be the correct recipe. Thanks for posting!

You are welcome, for the price it's certainly worth trying out! Smile

DM

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the teamine cream for my dark circles, (which I've always had, even from a child, so i think they're more hyper-pigmentation than lifestyle), and i didn't notice any difference after the teamine, apart from the skin being well moisturized. The only thing that has made a drastic difference on my dark circles has been skin lightening creams.

I've taken a note of the gelatin recipe though, and looking forward to giving that a try.

Many thanks Darkmoon for the recipe, as a new member it's not something I've come across before.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
This cream saved my look completely! I used to get really dark circles and now the problem is mostly controled. I still have problems with the bags under my eyes, this cream seems to work better on darcircles. Anyone knows a good cream (and not pricey)for this problem?

thanks

Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow this product is such a hit or miss. I think it probably depends on the cause of the dark circles.
KatieKins
5% products discount

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Dark Moon! A couple questions about Darren's recipe if you don't mind: Do you apply this in the AM or at any time? Is this done every day? How long do the results last? And lastly, have you been using this potion for while? Okay, I think I am done.....

Muchas gracias!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
KatieKins wrote:
Thanks Dark Moon! A couple questions about Darren's recipe if you don't mind: Do you apply this in the AM or at any time? Is this done every day? How long do the results last? And lastly, have you been using this potion for while? Okay, I think I am done.....

Muchas gracias!

OK Hate me I don't have dark circles, but I know people that have tried this and had great results!
Following Darren's recommendation use it daily for one week and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance. I think pm is best unless you have time in the am, it really doesn't make a difference as far as time, it's just doing it consistently that matters. I have seen continued improvement on friends using this but I think if you stop just like any tropicals you will eventually lose the results.

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I keep Teamine in rotation with another product because it helps with my dark circles. You need to use consistently to see results when you start though.
Like lisocas it didn't do much for my eye bags.
KatieKins
5% products discount

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
I keep Teamine in rotation with another product because it helps with my dark circles. You need to use consistently to see results when you start though.
Like lisocas it didn't do much for my eye bags.

No dark circles?? Lucky you! Thanks for the how to...

KK
KatieKins
5% products discount

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Sorry DM, I quoted the wrong part... not very computer savvy.

Again, thanks for the good scoop.

KatieKins
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |