Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Prepare Yourself For A Shock
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi all - I shamefully admit that I'm not above a little gossip now and then. But celebrity gossip is in my periphery, at most. Maybe this item has already been discussed in the long Celebrity Gossip thread but I'm not going to bother reading through it all or do a search. So this may be old news to some but I seriously doubt it.

I had lunch with a girlfriend yesterday who told me something rather astounding. One of her cousins is a physician and went to high school in Kentucky with George Clooney. While chatting recently, the cousin casually mentioned that it was a prevailing rumor then that Mr. Clooney was gay.

Didn't he recently make some pronouncement about his plan never to marry? And wasn't the issue of paparazzi his first big "cause" when he finally reached super stardom? Then there's that remote Lake Como retreat...

I actually feel a little bad divulging this, since I can understand why certain leading man-type actors would want to keep their homosexuality hidden. But frankly, I admire those who come out. And I truly like George Clooney ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?" is one of my favorite films), and believe he acquits himself very well as far as his involvement in social causes.

Nevertheless, this little tidbit of gossip made my jaw drop when I heard it!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
It is funny that you bring this up...I'v often wondered about him.....I am not aware of any associations between him and any "leading ladies" out there in Hollywoodland...has anyone else heard anything? He does an amazing job at keeping his private life "private"!
Pudoodles
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
From what I've heard he had a relationship with an actress who you used to play on All My Children. I can't remember her name but it was a long term relationship and I believe he was once married.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
From what I've heard he had a relationship with an actress who you used to play on All My Children. I can't remember her name but it was a long term relationship and I believe he was once married.

Embarassed I guess that was a big loop that I was out of!!! Laughing
Pudoodles
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:

Embarassed I guess that was a big loop that I was out of!!! Laughing
Pudoodles

Yes, but we all know that a marriage does not a straight man make! Or the dating of woman. Remember Rock Hudson!? Not that it matters, I love George, and couldn't care less what his "preference's" are! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
wow - my "gaydar" is so hopeless. Somehow Clooney just seem almost like Warren Beatty to me - loves the women but won't settle down until he can't run any longer.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
Yes, but we all know that a marriage does not a straight man make! Or the dating of woman. Remember Rock Hudson!? Not that it matters, I love George, and couldn't care less what his "preference's" are! Wink

I agree. It's sort of like the current news of Lance Bass ' comming out'. He dated plenty of women before.

And I do agree, Clooney being such a well established actor, there is no way people would not accept him if he were. But, I don't know. It just doesn't seem to me that George Clooney would be gay. But maybe thats just my mind trying to shut the idea out Rolling Eyes and to continue picturing him swooning over us women. Wink
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I can't say I'm shocked. Who knows with celebrities. Either way it doesn't matter to me. Though I am fairly positive that Tom Cruise is gay. He just has to be. HAS TO BE.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Well, I can't say I'm shocked. Who knows with celebrities. Either way it doesn't matter to me. Though I am fairly positive that Tom Cruise is gay. He just has to be. HAS TO BE.

Toooooo funny! I use to kind of wonder about him years ago with a couple of marriages and no kids, but now with Suri.... hmm Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't matter to me as well whether he is gay or straight but I was just stating what I had heard. Here is a response to his marriage:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/clooney%20clueless%20at%20relationships_02_03_2006
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
artificial insemination is a wonderful thing.....
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:

Toooooo funny! I use to kind of wonder about him years ago with a couple of marriages and no kids, but now with Suri.... hmm Laughing

What about Michael Jackson? He's been "married" and has "kids" ... albeit, I doubt any of his swimmers were actually used.
Kimberleylee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Its hard to tell sometimes but even if he is gay we can all still look and fantasize about him! haha

He is a beautiful man Wink
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:

The gentleman who lives across the street from me is/was a bit part actor a few years back and he said that Tom Cruise being gay is the worst kept Hollywood secret! Who knows! I'm not a big Cruise fan - could care less where he and his glassy eyed fiance get married...but George....well, by George if he's gay, then there go many a woman's fantasy! Laughing

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be a Tom Cruise fan, despite the gay rumors (it's not like even if he was straight, I'd stand a chance in hell, anyway Laughing ) It was his couch-jumping antics on Oprah and his mouthing off on subjects he clearly lacked understanding of. Oh, and his "glib" remark to Matt Lauer on the Today show. What a fool Laughing
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
OK I've tried to push this out of my mind but while I was living in New Orleans, several of my male classmates were gay. I became very good friends with one who told me that he had met George Clooney on one of his many trips to New Orleans.

He said that on a couple of occasions when he was in town he went out with a group of mutual friends of his. He then broke it to me that he was gay and it was well known in the New Orleans gay community and had been for years.

I almost slapped his face but decided to argue with him...NO, he's been with many women...so have I and I'm gay he said. I then accused him of wanting all good looking men to be gay because it looked good for their team. He laughed...I failed to even offend him..I refused to believe it and still don't know if I do...but......I can still be with him in my mind..(cry)
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm but I wonder who the leading man for Clooney would be? That could be eye candy too Laughing .

Either way, Clooney is just suave Embarassed
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Disapointingly, it makes sense that he's gay!

I really dont know if I want gay actors to be 'out' or not. Do I want to know?

I'm not sure.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
That is a good point that he may be gay. But then, maybe he is like my X who does enjoys of variety of women but never disclose it to his girlfriends. Some men never grow up or when they do, it is too late for them.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey catski - Even though I said I admired actors who have the courage to come out, I agree with your point -- I'm not sure I really WANT to know!

I can understand the old days and studios' tight control of their stars' images. After all, acting is a profession based on creating illusion. Then again, in the past I've enjoyed romantic films starring Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, and Montgomery Clift, all of whom had gay rumors swirling about them in their heydays.

In the end, I think good acting can make us believe!
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
M.April in your first posting you wrote, "Then there's that remote Lake Como retreat..."

I don't understand. How does owning a home in Italy mean that someone is gay?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anna - It doesn't! And I don't even know if it's true that he is -- how could I? I just couldn't contain myself after hearing this morsel and had to blab!

Lake Como is one of the most beautiful parts of the world I've ever visited. I'd think almost anyone would want a home there if they could afford it! Well, at least I would! Since it's rather remote, it can allow a person, especially one in the entertainment industry, much more privacy than living in Beverly Hills where a lot of actors reside and paparazzi run wild and dog every move they make.

Now, I've got to get off this forum and get some work done!
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I just don't believe George Clooney is Gay. I just don't. Not until I have PROOF.(and living with a pig doesn't count either).

Tom Cruise- I could care less, as I don't care for him, or his movies- except for Magnolia, which may be the only good movie he was ever in.I think he is arrogant, pompous(about his money, looks, and fame), not very intelligent really- do you ever hear of him doing charity??? Who cares if he likes... well you know. The only positive things i can say about him are- his acting in Magnolia was awesome, and from the looks of it in the movie- he look extremely well- endowed, ahem.

Micheal Jackson- who knows, who cares. He's F*cked. I just hope that if he did indeeed molest those boys- that they recover... and for Micheal- I hope he gets himself straightened out.

Here's a thought for you though- if George WERE gay- I know who would actually make a great partner for him- I'm thinkin Brad Pitt.
Of course, Brad isn't gay- but for George, maybe he'd give it a try. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hes not gay. He was married long ago, and it was very painful union. He vowed to never go there again on an interview with B. Walters, he has since stated he wished he'd never said that. I just highly doubt he's gay, if he is, well thats ok too, not like he's knocking on any of our doors anyway.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
it's not like he's knocking on any of our doors anyway.

No need to rub it in Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |