Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anybody use their Vit C serum just as a 'mask'?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
What I mean is, does anyone put it on and leave it long enough to absorb and then rinse off, since it can't be rinsed or rubbed off once absorbed.

I am on a mission to figure out how to fit it into my routine. I don't like anything on my face when I go to sleep and I don't like the look and feel of the serum under my sunscreen and MMU.

My idea is a DIY Vit C with glycerin (I want things as simple and natural as possible). Plus a little pectin as well. I tried it this morning. Left on over a half hour. Then when I rinsed, it REALLY rinsed with the pectin. Kind of weird. It slid off and felt almost like a sticky feeling.

Then I put my ACV toner and moisturizer. I realized that my ACV needs to be a little more neutral (was irritating) and therefore I can't use with the Vit C.

(BTW Thank you, Tangal, for answering my ACV question).

Sorry for the long post. But does anyone have an opinion of whether my plan sounds ok?
Thanks, Michele
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I often wash off my Vit C with water after I think it's absorbed because I just don't like feeling all layered up. I read over on the Skincareboard that some others do the same. Not sure if it was 'approved' or not, but the theory generally went that after 10 or 15 mins it was absorbed. I try and leave it a bit longer to be on the safe side.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly, I'm going to give it a go for a few weeks and just see if it's working. My skin is so dull that anything will be an improvement. What I'll do is put it on when I first wake up and then leave it about 30-45 minutes while I do the kids, breakfast, lunches and red folder scene.

But I do feel like the pectin helps to get it off without having to rub too much, which I don't like doing first thing in the morning.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how successful it can be if it slides off so easily though - maybe eliminate the pectin. Mine feels dry and absorbed before I rinse it.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, you might really be right about that. Maybe I'll try skipping that part. But I may leave in the glycerin, maybe just less, to give it a little slip. With just the water and crystals, there was always this funky gritty feeling.
Thanks for the help, Michele
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |