Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Daily Microexfoliant and the Skin Prep Scrub? Does one exfoliate better than the other?
Kimberleylee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used the microexfoliant and it dried my skin out! However I didn't find it had the scrubbed clean feel that I usually get with other scrubs for exfoliating.

Something must have worked however for my skin to get so dry and patchy!! haha
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kimberleylee wrote:
I've only used the microexfoliant and it dried my skin out!

Thanks. What is your skin type?

I have oily skin and do use products for chemical exfoliation already. I'm looking for a good manual exfoliator to help get rid of flaky skin caused by retinoids.

Would appreciate any suggestions!
Kimberleylee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily combo skin as well! My friend uses this product and loves it so perhaps I have a strange reaction. To get rid of the dry patches (and wrinkles) I used Oil of Olay Microdermabrasion home kit which got on the Chatalaine 100 best products and makes your skin SUPER baby soft for a great price. I've also used the Neostrata Home kit which is great but the Oil of Olay is even easier to use I think and quicker!

As for a scrub, I use St Ives apricot scrub when my skin is flaky to get the really good scrubbed feel for my blackheads! I always feel bad for purchasing this product as its super cheap but keep repurchasing it after spending several $ on other products! Embarassed
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
The microfoliant is a teeny bit too much for me daily because I'm on a prescription retinoid, but I have combo skin. I think if you have oily skin you will probably be able to handle it. I'm actually thinking of repurchasing it to use once or twice a week.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin and find the microfoliant wonderful. I think no matter what your skin type is, you need to moisturize after anyway so dryness should not be too much of an issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
The skin prep scrub feels like St. Ives Apricot scrub...the micro exfoliant reminded me of using baking soda...I guess it is more of a chemical exfol rather than a manual exfol like the prep scrub. I have used the both and loved them both.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Olivia. The Microfoliant is more of a paste (after adding water), whereas the Skin Prep feels like the traditional manual exfoliator. But I'm staying away from both at this point because even though the Microfoliant is more of a paste, it still feels like manual exfoliation to me, which I've learned puts me at risk of broken caps. I've been using the Gentle Cream Exfoliant from Dermalogica with much better and safer results. Fortunately, my boyfriend loves the other two so it wasn't a waste of $$!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your replies. I just recently started using a prescription retinoid again and I'm finding that my skin is a little flaky right now. I've cut back on how often I use a stronger BHA and that seems to have helped a little. It sounds like the Skin Prep might be what I should try first.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
The microexfoliant was too harsh for my skin. It actually through a monkey wrench in my recouperating skin. I tried a sample size and it made my skin burn and my pores turns red. I know have a few tiny bumps that are on my last nerve and popped up when I samples this product. This is only my experience thoguh. I know many, many people out there swear by this stuff. I think that in combo with my PTR line, the lactic acid was just to much. Either that, or my skin does not jive with LA. Better luck to you with the product . . . I sooo wanted to love this product. Confused

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |