Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr H Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream / Eye Contour Day Balm ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
newgirl
5% products discount

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Having just discovered Dr. Hauschka I am thrilled to find an organic product line. However I am confused about the differences and the basic uses of Daily Revitaling Eye Cream and Eye Contour Day Balm. I am 55 and have fairly good skin with few lines or wrinkles so far. Question Can anyone recommend the benefits of either product from personal experience? What is with the instructions to "peel off " the excess? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have only tried the balm.. and I did not like it at all. Dr H therapists recommend using a speck, something like 1-2mm worth on both eyes - and with most conventional products we have a tendency to use A LOT more anyway, if you do that with the eye balm it will leave you with a greasy film around the eyes all day. I think the cream is much better, it would absorb faster and not leave a shiny look on the skin.
newgirl
5% products discount

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks miranets for your reply. Question Is there anyone else who can tell me how these work?
What kind of results did you get?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
newgirl wrote:
Very Happy Having just discovered Dr. Hauschka I am thrilled to find an organic product line. However I am confused about the differences and the basic uses of Daily Revitaling Eye Cream and Eye Contour Day Balm. I am 55 and have fairly good skin with few lines or wrinkles so far. Question Can anyone recommend the benefits of either product from personal experience? What is with the instructions to "peel off " the excess? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm almost 50 and have very dry lower eyelids. The Eye balm worked the best for me as I felt is not only moisturized but protected the undereye area. I have the eye cream and have used it first allowed it to sink in then patted on the eye balm. I keep repurchasing the balm and it's the second Dr. H product I can't do without. It's neck and neck with the Cleansing cream. Wink
s8715
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if my experiences matter since I'm 24 but the balm is much better than the cream imo. The cream didn't do anything for me while the balm is very soothing and gentle and really relieves dryness. The balm is a better price as well and it lasts forever.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose the balm is great as a barrier for those with drier skin, unlike me I have oily skin and it is easily clogged around the eye area.
newgirl
5% products discount

Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for responding. Smile I've done a little experimenting using Dr H Rose Day Cream, as suggested elsewhere on this site. My under eye area doesn't appear to be especiallly dry; but it is "puffy" and lined with lots of tiny blue veins. I guess what I need is something to 'calm' down the puffiness, and a concealer for the 'blue'. I have tried the Dr H Liquid Concealer and liked the results.(Although I don't wear make-up everyday) So I guess I will just have to try the Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream and see how it works on the puffiness!
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with those who have commented that the balm is particularly effective at sealing in moisture, which is probably most meaningful for those with dry skin around the eyes. I've used the balm for several years, but now I'm thinking of switching to the cream because I'd like something that penetrates a bit more. The skin around my eyes probably skews oily anyway, so the balm tends to just sort of sit on top of the skin. Even at the end of the day, it's still somewhat visibly present. I'll probably continue to use the balm though if I know I'll be in really dry conditions (like out-of-doors in the winter).
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
is it greasy?
i don't want a reflecting eye coutour Sad
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used the daily revitalizing but it gave me milia and didn't hydrate that well
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the eye cream and like it. It's not too heavy but seems to moisturize enough and it sinks in and doesn't leave a shiny residue. No perfumey smell and doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm curious to try the eye balm. Perhaps during the colder dry winter months I'll splurge.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |