Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Desert Essence Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody ever tried these products?

The cleanser or the jojoba oil they sell?

Jojoba oil
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=83680&catid=89752&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=89752&trxp2=83680&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH

Cleanser
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=140700&catid=47724&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=47724&trxp2=140700&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use the jojoba as part of a mix i use around my eyes and i like it a lot. Granted. I've never used another jojoba oil. I got mine realtively cheap at Trader Joes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
well i've been using the cleanser for about 6 days and the organic jojoba oil for about 2 weeks. Before i started using the cleanser I was breaking so I stop using my previous cleanser which was clearasil. SO i bought the desert essence clean face wash with tea tree oil and sea kelp to give it a try. Well even though i had breakouts prior to using this new cleanser I have broken out even more. Trememdously..

I did hear that these products might bring impurities to the surface which in this case cause me to break out even more to clean out my pores.

Anybody know how strong is tea tree oil? I heard that it's an alternative to BP. Here are the ingredients to the cleanser:

Castile Soap, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sea Kelp (Ahnfelia Concinna), Organic Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternafolia), Glycerin, Organic White Tea, Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Green Tea Extract, Citric Acid, Glucosamine, Polysorbate-80, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Caramel, Aromatic Proprietary Blend

Please let me know what you think?

Could it just be purging?

5% products discount

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use the cleanser right now. It's very thorough, but I don't trust it to take off my makeup on its own. I haven't experienced any breakouts or irritation with it. Worth a try for the price!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I jsut cannot believe in purging. It doesn't make sense. If you skin is so "sick" why didn't it react before?

I'm also one of those people that doesn't like fasting or colon cleansing.

Read this and see what you think.
http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/10/25/purging-your-skin-does-not-cause-acne/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
SoniaK1 wrote:
I use the cleanser right now. It's very thorough, but I don't trust it to take off my makeup on its own. I haven't experienced any breakouts or irritation with it. Worth a try for the price!

So your using the Desert essence same cleanser right now?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Angyl wrote:
I jsut cannot believe in purging. It doesn't make sense. If you skin is so "sick" why didn't it react before?

I'm also one of those people that doesn't like fasting or colon cleansing.

Read this and see what you think.
http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/10/25/purging-your-skin-does-not-cause-acne/

very interesting. I guess I don't know what to do now..lol Keep using it but just use it less...because my skin looks nasty now..

Thanks

5% products discount

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the tea tree oil one before and although it didn't break me out, it didn't really do anything for my skin either. Then again, I've never used a cleanser that actually improved my skin in and of itself. I'm currently using the green tea one, but I also use Jan Marini's Glycolic cleanser. I actually mix them because I don't like how JM's doesn't foam at all. I think the DE cleansers have a bit of frangrance in them. I'm not sure about the teatree oil one, but I know the green tea does. In general, this is bad for skin that easily breaks out. However, I do know that some products actually do cause you to get pimples as you mentioned-because it's bringing all the impurities to the surface. I found that out the hard way when I got a little overzealous using Skinceuticals blemish gel. You might want to switch to a fragrance free cleanser, actually a fragrance free everything.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
SoniaK1 wrote:
I've used the tea tree oil one before and although it didn't break me out, it didn't really do anything for my skin either. Then again, I've never used a cleanser that actually improved my skin in and of itself. I'm currently using the green tea one, but I also use Jan Marini's Glycolic cleanser. I actually mix them because I don't like how JM's doesn't foam at all. I think the DE cleansers have a bit of frangrance in them. I'm not sure about the teatree oil one, but I know the green tea does. In general, this is bad for skin that easily breaks out. However, I do know that some products actually do cause you to get pimples as you mentioned-because it's bringing all the impurities to the surface. I found that out the hard way when I got a little overzealous using Skinceuticals blemish gel. You might want to switch to a fragrance free cleanser, actually a fragrance free everything.

yea true.. I thought this cleanser was fragrance free. But it has a scent to it that made me wonder if it did or didn't. It does say it doesnt have frangrance, soap, laureth sulfate and other crap at drugstore.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
well i've been using the cleanser for about 6 days and the organic jojoba oil for about 2 weeks. Before i started using the cleanser I was breaking so I stop using my previous cleanser which was clearasil. SO i bought the desert essence clean face wash with tea tree oil and sea kelp to give it a try. Well even though i had breakouts prior to using this new cleanser I have broken out even more. Trememdously..

I did hear that these products might bring impurities to the surface which in this case cause me to break out even more to clean out my pores.

Anybody know how strong is tea tree oil? I heard that it's an alternative to BP. Here are the ingredients to the cleanser:

Castile Soap, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sea Kelp (Ahnfelia Concinna), Organic Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternafolia), Glycerin, Organic White Tea, Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Green Tea Extract, Citric Acid, Glucosamine, Polysorbate-80, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Caramel, Aromatic Proprietary Blend

Please let me know what you think?

Could it just be purging?

IMO it is not just purging that will stop eventually. Coconut Oil is known to be highly comedogenic and the kelp might also be an issue. I know that algae can be comedogenic but am not sure if kelp is classified as an algae or something else. I would find another cleanser.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Desert Essence stuff is great for me. The cleanser was a repeat purchase for me for several years, untill it disapeared from the shops.. hmm.. I'm talking pre - internet days, I just realised..

To think, I used to rely on real, actual, physical SHOPS!!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the tea tree cleanser and the jojoba oil. The cleanser can be a bit drying on my skin but nothing too terrible...I have combo (dry in the winter skin) and the jojoba is great. I am on my second big bottle which says a lot because it takes for ever to use it all up. I put it on my face/body/hair and in my OCM. I also use Desert Essence tea tree oil which works great.

You could just buy the jojoba oil and some castor oil to make your own cleanser and then use the jojoba as a moistuizer. I do this when my skin goes crazy from using too many products.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
^^interesting..Well the major breakouts are on my jaw line. Anything above that I am not breaking out. My forehead broke out with a 2-3 pimples 4 days ago and now it kinda looks like they are leaving. Spots are still visible from previous pimples. So at this point it's really hard to judge whether I should stop or continue using it.

THeresaL: Im not sure what you mean by comedogenic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
mixCD-Sorry, I should have gone into more detail. It means that the ingredient can clog pores and lead to blackheads, whiteheads and acne.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
mixCD-Sorry, I should have gone into more detail. It means that the ingredient can clog pores and lead to blackheads, whiteheads and acne.

oh ok..well i didnt get blackheads but i did get whiteheads... alot of them...should i use BP to spot treat them? I've been dying to spot treat them with BP because Bp works for me. I just didn't want to use BP at all on my face or try to not need it you know

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
well now it's still the same. Still breaking out and getting whiteheads. I notice that my pimples itch or the areas surrounding them?

Most of the breaks are at my jawline and they itch..I guess this might be that I am allergic to the cleanser?

any thoughts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
mixCD you can spot treat your pimples but for the whiteheads I thing that preventing them is a better bet. I think that we have discussed BP before since both of us are trying to make do without it. I am actually considering using it again and will probably do so if I can't get my acne/whiteheads under control in the next few months. I was using BP in a very minimal way before I gave up using it. Here is what I suggest if you decide to give it a try. Apply the BP (5% or less) once a day to the acne/whitehead prone areas only. If you only get the acne/whiteheads on your jaw then just apply the BP there. I would skip areas where you only get a pimple occasionally since these can be spot treated afterwards and IMO it is not worth applying BP to areas where you rarely get pimples. If this is effective at controlling your acne/whiteheads then try using the BP in this manner every other day. Before I stopped using the BP I was using it everyother day only on my jaw, chin and the lower half of my cheeks and I almost never had a pimple and very minimal whitheheads that weren't even an issue. Let me know how this works for you if you decide to start using the BP again.

If the itching is only around your pimples then it is probably not the cleanser. I have experienced this myself and I just think it has something to do with the inflammation that the pimple is causing.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I have used both.

The cleanser didn't work out for me -- I found it too drying. It's a bummer since it's so reasonably priced and I can buy it at my local Trader Joes.

I like the jojoba oil. I mix a bit with my body lotion on really dry days.

Marla

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
mixCD you can spot treat your pimples but for the whiteheads I thing that preventing them is a better bet. I think that we have discussed BP before since both of us are trying to make do without it. I am actually considering using it again and will probably do so if I can't get my acne/whiteheads under control in the next few months. I was using BP in a very minimal way before I gave up using it. Here is what I suggest if you decide to give it a try. Apply the BP (5% or less) once a day to the acne/whitehead prone areas only. If you only get the acne/whiteheads on your jaw then just apply the BP there. I would skip areas where you only get a pimple occasionally since these can be spot treated afterwards and IMO it is not worth applying BP to areas where you rarely get pimples. If this is effective at controlling your acne/whiteheads then try using the BP in this manner every other day. Before I stopped using the BP I was using it everyother day only on my jaw, chin and the lower half of my cheeks and I almost never had a pimple and very minimal whitheheads that weren't even an issue. Let me know how this works for you if you decide to start using the BP again.

If the itching is only around your pimples then it is probably not the cleanser. I have experienced this myself and I just think it has something to do with the inflammation that the pimple is causing.

yea I gave the cleanser a break (a week) and just went back to using cetaphil and jojoba oil. I might use clearasil face wash instead of cetaphil. Now I went on to use the cleanser again and the first day it was alright then the 2nd day im breaking out around my mustache so I'll probably stop using this cleanser all together. I am thinking of spot treating with this product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180057103727&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSEE_Pr2_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=180055829844&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

I feel uncomfortable right now with my skin. Doesn't feel right. I can feel the pimples on my face and my face is terrible..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD, you should try out Earth to Body products (especially the Clay-Neem Treatment and the Emu-Neem soap). The Clay-Neem Treatment deep cleansed my skin and helped to heal the acne. The Emu-Neem soap removes my makeup and doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry. These products have made the biggest difference on my skin. www.earthtobody.ca

I also did a brown rice cleanse and when I was re-introducing food back into my diet, I found out that dairy causes my skin to either breakout more or the existing acne to become more inflammed. It's something that you may want to consider. It could be certain foods and not your skin care products that are causing the problems.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
mixCD I think that 10% is alot of BP and would personally choose a product with 5% or less but maybe since the product is in an oil base it would be less drying and less irritating. If their claims are true and the product is 5 times as effective then I wonder if it would be more damaging also by creating more free radicals? I don't have any problems with the oil base of the product and IMO the right oils are not bad for oily skin or acne prone skin. If you try this let me know how it works and if it is at all irritating.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
mixCD, you should try out Earth to Body products (especially the Clay-Neem Treatment and the Emu-Neem soap). The Clay-Neem Treatment deep cleansed my skin and helped to heal the acne. The Emu-Neem soap removes my makeup and doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry. These products have made the biggest difference on my skin. www.earthtobody.ca

I also did a brown rice cleanse and when I was re-introducing food back into my diet, I found out that dairy causes my skin to either breakout more or the existing acne to become more inflammed. It's something that you may want to consider. It could be certain foods and not your skin care products that are causing the problems.

I notice that the soap has coconut oil. In the cleanser I had problems with it also had coconut oil. Im not sure if it was the tea tree oil or Coconut oil, or castile soap, or olive oil because this cleanser made me break out tremendously. SO im wondering im wondering if this soap will do the same thing. Hows your skin like? I have sensitive stubborn mild acne and it gets worse with bad products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
mixCD I think that 10% is alot of BP and would personally choose a product with 5% or less but maybe since the product is in an oil base it would be less drying and less irritating. If their claims are true and the product is 5 times as effective then I wonder if it would be more damaging also by creating more free radicals? I don't have any problems with the oil base of the product and IMO the right oils are not bad for oily skin or acne prone skin. If you try this let me know how it works and if it is at all irritating.

Over at acne.org alot of the users have had success with no to very little irritation. I did order it and I'll probably use is as a spot treatment. THe users reccommends it be used all over the face to prevent acne. BUt again i am trying to stay away from BP even though BP is the only thing that can control my acne really well..

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD I am in agreeement with you-don't use the product on your whole face only on the really acne prone areas. BTW I am really looking forward to your updates on this product!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
Yen wrote:

I notice that the soap has coconut oil. In the cleanser I had problems with it also had coconut oil. Im not sure if it was the tea tree oil or Coconut oil, or castile soap, or olive oil because this cleanser made me break out tremendously. SO im wondering im wondering if this soap will do the same thing. Hows your skin like? I have sensitive stubborn mild acne and it gets worse with bad products.

I have very oily and acne prone skin. I break out really easily. This soap hasn't caused any problems for me. It's so good to use in the morning too. All my other cleansers tend to dry out my skin (dry patches) so my makeup looks flakey. This soap actually makes my skin soft and hydrated so the makeup looks better. Smile

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |