Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Advice from Dr H rep re: Dr. Hauschka Moisturizing Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

For the past two weeks I have been using Dr. Hauschka products exclusively and emailed Dr. H customer service yesterday in hopes of determining if I had chosen the best products for my skin type.

I have very dry skin that is sensitive, is oftentimes (and easily) blemished and takes a very long to heal. I chose the Cleansing Milk, Facial Toner, Moisturizing Day Cream and Rhythmic Night Conditioner, and have been using them regularly for about the past two weeks. I also have been using the Rejuvenating Mask and Cleansing Cream occasionally.

My skin is still very dry and my current breakouts are more inflamed and taking longer to heal than usual (but it doesn't seem like I'm going through purging, as others here have experienced), so I was wondering if there might be a better mix of products that might suit my skin better.

I explained the situation & asked for advice through the Dr. H website and here was her response:

"I recommend that you stop using the Moisturizing Day Cream. While this is a great moisturizer for dry skin, it is not ideal for skin that is prone to blemishes. Instead, I would switch to using a combination of the Quince Day Cream and the Normalizing Day Oil. The Normalizing Day Oil will help calm the skin while signaling the sebaceous glands to slow oil production. The Quince Day Cream will also sooth the skin while providing the hydrating protection sensitive/dry skin requires."

I thought this was very interesting and I will try her suggestions, but wanted to let you know in hopes that it might help someone else that may be experiencing the same problem.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest that you don't use the moisturizing day lotion. I was told it is meant to increase sebum production and, even though it is so light, that is why it is so good for dry skin.

I had the same thing happen to me with the painful blemishes once I started the conditioner. I was using most of the Dr. H products before I did the conditioner so that is why I am putting the blame on that. By week 3 the painful blemishes were gone but I was still getting purging blemishes.

I go between the Rose lotion and the Quince. My skin is quite dry but very sensitive right now with a lot of acne (seems like alot anyway!). I find the Rose soothing but others find it contributes to their acne. What I have found works nicely is I apply a layer of aloe vera gel over my face and then, before it dries, take a small amount of the Rose and spread it all over. It seems to work better than just using the Rose because I use much less of it. My skin seems to like that and I'm not getting any new breakouts. I can't say I am in love with the Quince because it feels too light sometimes. I do use it when I don't feel my skin needs much moisture so I still like it but it's not my favorite.

HTH!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hm--I had no idea that the Day Cream was meant to stimulate sebum production. No wonder I'd get so shiny when I used it. Thanks for the tip!
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, ellyp. It sounds like our skin is very similar. I still like the way the rest of my skin feels when using the Dr. H, but I'd like the blemishes to get less angry. I purchased the Normalizing Oil & Quince Cream today from EDS and may have to try the Rose Day Cream if those don't work, based upon your suggestion.

I got a little shiny from the Day Cream like you did Nijey, but was actually happy about it because before my skin was so very dry. But I'll try the new mix of products to see if those help.

Thanks again! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I was a little surprised that the DH representative didn't recommend the Rose Day Cream because it's suited for sensitive, dry skin. I'd have described my skin in terms similar to the ones you used. Dry, sensitive, inclined to break out (in my case at the drop of a hat!) Anyway, the Rose cream worked really well for me. In fact, I no longer really characterize my skin as any of those things because the DH combination has worked so well. I never get that awful tight feeling any more, I never experience flakiness, and my skin is MUCH less inclined to break out. (Though, I acknowledge, of course, that probably all this would change if I ceased my current regimen.)

Upon reflection, though, the Normalizing Day Oil/Quince Cream approach makes sense for the reasons that the rep gave. I'd love to hear how it works for you. I use the Quince moisturizer in the summer at times, because it's lighter but I didn't have much luck with the Normalizing Day Oil. (It always seemed to sit on top of my skin.) After trying that, I concluded that my skin was more sensitive than oily, so it made sense that the Rose Cream worked better for me.

Frankly, that was the worst of having bad skin--I didn't really even know what was wrong with it until I'd found the solution for fixing it, if that makes ANY sense! Smile
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad that the Rose Day Cream works so well for you Shanno.

The Normalizing Day Oil & Quince Cream are on their way to me from EDS, but I'll keep the Rose Day Cream in mind if that combination fails to work. It sounds like I might have to try it, as I think my skin is a bit more sensitive than oily, too, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for sharing all of your experiences with the various Dr. H products. You guys are the best! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I also found after using for few days I got more breakout than before!!! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I passed mine onto a friend with skin that is more dry. I use the normalizing oil when I'm at my worst. I normally use the Decleor Ylang ylang but I always have the Dr. H close by.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
I was a little surprised that the DH representative didn't recommend the Rose Day Cream because it's suited for sensitive, dry skin. I'd have described my skin in terms similar to the ones you used. Dry, sensitive, inclined to break out (in my case at the drop of a hat!) Anyway, the Rose cream worked really well for me. In fact, I no longer really characterize my skin as any of those things because the DH combination has worked so well. I never get that awful tight feeling any more, I never experience flakiness, and my skin is MUCH less inclined to break out. (Though, I acknowledge, of course, that probably all this would change if I ceased my current regimen.)

Upon reflection, though, the Normalizing Day Oil/Quince Cream approach makes sense for the reasons that the rep gave. I'd love to hear how it works for you. I use the Quince moisturizer in the summer at times, because it's lighter but I didn't have much luck with the Normalizing Day Oil. (It always seemed to sit on top of my skin.) After trying that, I concluded that my skin was more sensitive than oily, so it made sense that the Rose Cream worked better for me.

Frankly, that was the worst of having bad skin--I didn't really even know what was wrong with it until I'd found the solution for fixing it, if that makes ANY sense! Smile

When I am reading the Dr.H's advice I am wondering the same thing as you do. I think Rose cream is really good for very dry and sensitive skin, too. I use it in extremly cold and dry weather and it works so well. But one problem is sometimes I find it too hard to apply. Confused
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I have just switched from the normalising oil to the moisturising cream... After reading this though I'm not sure that I've done the right thing! I found that after using the oil my skin balanced itself out, and the oil actually became unsuitable, so I started using the moisturizing cream. My skin is prone to blemishes, but I have not have any problems with it so far.... I thought thought that because of its light texture, the moisturising cream would be better suited to my skin, and I was afraid the quince and rose creams might be too dry. Well I guess time will tell. Might ask a Dr H expert
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm bumping this because I'm wondering about how this turned out for Marmur. I think I may have the same thing going on. Dry skin but clogged pores that turn nasty when I don't leave them alone.

So I have all 3 things, Quince, Rose and Oil.

I'm thinking about trying the Oil/Quince combo but then realized I'm not clear about which would go on first. Did the rep say that?

Anyway, I am committed to 3 months Hauschka only to really see what it does. I'm 3 weeks in and the main thing is that my skin is sooo much more calm. I'm also using the foundation and loving it.

Michele

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Michele,

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if the rep described which product was supposed to go on first, but I put the oil on first, then the cream, because I've heard that when layering products you apply the product with the thinnest consistency closest to skin and work up to thickest on the top. There are probably exceptions, though, so don't quote me on that. Wink

I'm so sad to report that I finally stopped using Dr. H as none of the combinations worked for my skin. Keep in mind, though, that my skin seems VERY weird and not much has worked for me (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed about a new product that shows promise).

When I switched over to the Normalizing Oil & Quince combo, my skin did well for a few days, then did the same thing as with the Moisturizing Day Cream but I tried to wait it out for about a month with no change. I also tried the Quince cream alone and then the Rose Day Cream, but both seemed to affect my skin in the same way...reddened, painful pimples that felt like they came from deep down, and it just appeared that a lot of my other pores were clogged.

I SO wanted to like the line! If it makes sense, all parts of my face that were not broken out had a lovely gorgeous glow the entire time I used Dr. H, but for me, it wasn't worth the breakouts. I turned my best friend on to the line and she's got similar skin and is happy with the Rose Day Cream. Honestly, I've never seen her skin look better.

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful, but I hope it works for you! Good luck Michele! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have Dr Hauschka's moisturizing day creme. It wasn't a good purchase for my skin type - combination/oily. Makes my face pretty oily.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
jjirak, according to their philosophy, this cream is actually meant for drier skin - the idea is that since it's fairly light, it'll encourage your skin to produce more oil by not supplying very much moisture. Conversely, if you have oily skin, they recommend applying a heavier moisturizer like the all-oil Normalizing Day Oil to "teach" your skin that it doesn't need to produce as much oil. I, too, made the mistake of getting the moisturizing day cream for my combo/oily (at the time) skin, and it didn't help much - but oddly, I find that the much heavier Rose Day Cream is terrific on my skin. You might want to try getting some samples and seeing if their other seemingly too-heavy things work well for you! But of course, not every line will work well for every person, this was just my experience. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |