Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Please help! My skin is red and peeling!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think I overdid it! I have been using a microfiber cloth for washing my face inthe morning, and then at night for the past three or four nights, have been using Tazorac. Yesterday morning, I thought I'd really give a boost, and used my IS Poly vitamin serum. By the time I got home last night, my chin area was flaking. When I woke up this morning, I used my cloth with Biolements cleanser to wash my face. My chin has been red and raw looking all day!! I washed w/Cetaphil tonight, and put Cetaphil lotion on, to try to help the dryness and redness. Can someone please help??
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend some emu, squalane or jojoba oil. Those would be my top picks but if you have some rosehip seed oil, camellia oil or even olive oil, I'd say any of those would be better than the cetaphil moisturizer. I had the something similar happen to me a few nights ago. Retinoids are so unpridictable! I thought my skin was prefectly fine and not irritated, and I wanted to do a little manual exfoliating, and suddenly my face was burning and bright red. I used some squalane and my face was back to normal in about 2 hours, it was pretty amazing! Good luck Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I second the natural oils, but sometimes if I've really overdone it nothing is better for me than nothing at all. I wash with water and put nothing on it for a day or two.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Should I put a sunscreen on before going outside?? I live in California, and the last thing I need is MORE hyperpigmentation in MORE areas! But I don't want to irritate the problem, either. I can't believe this happened...It lookes like the beginning of a jessner peel, but only my chin and the area around my mouth are red and peely. Sad
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Poor thing!! Don't worry--- I use tazorac too and have had this happen to me before. First of all, how much of the taz are you using each night? My problem went away after I realized I was using waaaaaay too much--- you need LESS than a pea-sized amount for your whole face. Next, I know it looks bad right now, but with a little moisture and some TLC, you can be back to normal in just a day or two. One thing that will help is after you let the taz soak into your face at night, try putting a light moisturizer over it. After my taz soaks in I mist my face with Caudalie Grape Water and then spritz with Zenbiotic's Phyto Moisture, and it really helps with the flakies without lessening the effects of the taz. During the day I definitely think a skin-healing oil like camellia oil (we don't want to clog your pores, though, so mist your face with water or toner first and then just smooth one or two drops over your face) will help your skin recover. O2 spray or Zenbiotic Oxytoner will help too, if you have them. Recently my dermatologist tried to move me to a higher concentration of taz, and after one night my skin was red and TOTALLY flaky. However, after just one application of the Juice Beauty Green Apple peel the flakes were gone and my skin was back to normal, so yuo may want to try that too. Good luck, and keep us updated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I find Caudalie Grape Water, Zenbiotic's Phyto Moisture, O2 spray or Zenbiotic Oxytoner? I don't want to order it, b/c I need help asap...I'm looking scary Shock Where can I purchase some of the items?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Where can I find Caudalie Grape Water, Zenbiotic's Phyto Moisture, O2 spray or Zenbiotic Oxytoner? I don't want to order it, b/c I need help asap...I'm looking scary Shock Where can I purchase some of the items?

Unfortunately, the I think the Zenbiotic products can only be bought online via their website (www.zenbiotic.com ). However, they're pretty affordable, so even after you get this emergency under control you may want to think about ordering them to have on hand for the future. (And like I said, the Phyto moisture pairs well with the Taz.) Luckily, the Caudalie Grape Water can be bought at any Sephora--- you can get a small bottle for around $8 I think. Can you tell me which symptom is worse/more pronounced--- the redness or the peeling? Also, if you can't get any camellia oil, I would suggest trying Burt's Bees Repair Serum. You can get it at most any drugstore and even some grocery stores, and it contains vitamin E to stop the flaking, Lavender oil to calm the redness in a hurry, and rosehip seed oil to heal your skin. Nice stuff and not that expensive! Once we calm down the redness we can get rid of the flakes with a gentle scrub and then enzyme peel. Don't worry--- we'll get you fixed up and back to your regular self in no time!!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
It's b/t dark pink and red, and it's not really peeling in sheets, just a lot of flakiness. When I put lotion on it today (Vivant's marine cream), it burned!!! Shock I just washed w/cetaphil with a regular washcloth to try and rid the flakes. Didn't help much. That's always the area that peels first w/the jessner peels too. I'm super concerned about the pink skin underneath having the sun hit it, too, and turn it brown. Now I am paranoid of using the retinoid medication...I didn't think it would be this bad....
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Ok, definitely start with the Grape Water and the BB Repair Serum, and then add the O2 whenever you can. I think that's a good place to start--- good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, if I were you I would just go buy some cheap vitaming E oil and start using that until the burning stops. It's cheap and helps me heal ultrafast! You can get it basically anywhere too.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1,

I'm not sure where you live (and, therefore, what products you have access to) - but I agree with Tamgirl. I would use Vit E and/or PLAIN aloe vera gel until the irritation stops -- both of these items can be found in any health food store. I would be careful about using moisturizers too until you heal up.

Yes, you need sunscreen, but not sure if your skin will tolerate it now? You'll have to try it and see (and wear a hat!)

Be GENTLE with that washcloth!

Hang in there!
Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
when my face gets red like than on some occasions ,I wash my face and put a warm cloth over it and slather on loads of lubriderm lotion so thick you can see it, keep reapplying as needed, every couple hrs or so, the redness is usually gone in a day.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, everyone, for your help. I put vitamin E oil on this afternoon. This must have been half a lucky day (only half b/c my face is STILL very scary looking)...I got the camelia oil I had ordered on ebay in the mail today, as well as the Dremu Oil I ordered. Which do I put on at night, and which goes on during the day?? And what do I do before and after? I have never used either before....
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
it doesn't matter -- any of those oils are acceptable for both AM and PM use.

The Dremu has antiinflammatory/healing properties, so it might be your best bet while you're still healing.

Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I put the Emu Oil and camelia oil on last night, and the Emu oil again this morning. It seems to have calmed it a bit, and the flakies are disappearing, but it's still rather pink. My serious concern is the sun hitting it now, and turning it brown...which has happened in the past when I (stupidly) went out in the sun w/out enough protection after a jessner peel. I'm going to try to p/u some of the Grapefruit spray today. What regime should I follow while this is healing? Also, I am starting to now get little tiny whiteheads in the area on my chin. Sad
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
I think I overdid it! I have been using a microfiber cloth for washing my face inthe morning, and then at night for the past three or four nights, have been using Tazorac. Yesterday morning, I thought I'd really give a boost, and used my IS Poly vitamin serum. By the time I got home last night, my chin area was flaking. When I woke up this morning, I used my cloth with Biolements cleanser to wash my face. My chin has been red and raw looking all day!! I washed w/Cetaphil tonight, and put Cetaphil lotion on, to try to help the dryness and redness. Can someone please help??

l came a across the same exprince Very Happy
l have try Aloe Vera cream and gel,rosehip oil,oilive oil,lavender oil,baby oil.......more oil and lotion Laughing But not work Crying or Very sad
Peel and red like red lobster Embarassed

Finally,l have find the best product to resolve my skin problem just about a week Idea

That is :
1)Decleor Aromessence Rose D Orient for Reactive and Sensitive Skins
2)Decleor Harmonie Essentielle - Ultra Soothing Cream
3)Decleor Cleansing Water for Face and Eyes
4)Decleor Aromessence Baume De Nuit Rose D Orient - Aromessence Rose D Orient Night Balm
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Lotus! I have been wanting to try the Decleor products, anyway! Very Happy
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
As far as the sunscreen, put the sunscreen on 30 minutes before you leave the house. I live in California as well, and I agree that sunscreen is very important. Just make sure that the emu oil has soaked into your skin.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I always use the Aloe gel all of my face and put the mask that full of rose water. It will cure your skin quickly.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I would personaly use Rose hip oil and Decleor rose balm. I used the above when I was really badly burnt with IPL treatment on my face and this worked really well and relatively quickly.
Good luck Smile
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah and if you can find a hydrating spritzer to sprit your face every hour or so
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |