Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review of Stila Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing the Stila cosmetics for ages. I know many girls who love their stuff big time.
Esp the eyeshadows and blushes. ^^

I bought a few things to try, they r Stila eye shadow stick, kajal eye liner, nude palette and shadow pot eye mousse. They are all very nice, silky smooth texture, well-pigmented and long lasting. I love all of them. The quality of Stila is brilliant. I think it's even better than some of the big brands out there. I am going to purchase more. lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree, Stila shadows and liners are absolutely fab. I have a #6 liner (I think) that's perfect for neutral and just got a 4-pan for some neutral shades I have been loving for a quick makeup application.

They are on my radar all the time. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I love the Rouge Pots, Smudge Pots and Lip Glazes.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I just bought from Stila.com this set, called Color Festival, http://www.stilacosmetics.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=&PRODUCT_ID=PROD10794
it is amazing, I love it, and the shipping was free, and I got a free brown leather / pink cosmetics bag AND a free shimmer powder. Def worth 58$ total.
Beautiful nude colors, perfect for an everyday look. The gel blush is really pretty too!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I just bought from Stila.com this set, called Color Festival, http://www.stilacosmetics.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=&PRODUCT_ID=PROD10794
it is amazing, I love it, and the shipping was free, and I got a free brown leather / pink cosmetics bag AND a free shimmer powder. Def worth 58$ total.
Beautiful nude colors, perfect for an everyday look. The gel blush is really pretty too!

Oh, amylola! I love that set! It looks perfect for everyday, quick choice of color...might have to get it...wish it was at Sephora!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I am also a big fan of their eyeshadows and also their convertible color blushes! Very Happy
I wish it was more accessible here in Canada. I think the only place you can get it is at Holt Renfrew (Vancouver) or you can order from Sephora.com
Smile
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl -
If you order from Stila.com you get FREE shipping!!!
AND like I mentioned you also get this too cute FREE cosmetics clutch.
I am loving this so much.
The lipstick color, Olivia, is the most beautiful nude.
Oh and the copper smudge pot, gorgeous!!!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I love the Stila Eye Shadow Pots. I have all the colors! Glides on nicely!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to jump on the Stila bandwagon here, too, and say that I also love the eyeshadows. I'm a wimp when it comes to putting color on my eyes, but Stila makes several very neutral colors with just enough shimmer. The shadows also blend very easily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yay..I am well-chuffed with the Stila makeup. The only bad thing is I can't get their stuff easily as no stila in my area. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I just started w/Stila makeup and I love them - I love how their eyeshadows and blushes are so soft in texture (only problem is they're easily nicked/scratched while depotting from cardboard palettes). Also their blush collection is very nice and very sheer which is great - they have something for everyone! I now prefer their blushes to MAC's because their colours are more neutral and better for everyday (I've used all the possible light colours from MAC that would suit my skintype). For PPP/FFF they really ahve the best selection. I also find that their cream blush (convertibles) are less sticky and shimmery and more natural looking than MAC's cream blushes, not to mention you can use them as lip colors. However I have a gripe with Stila's pricing - very expensive for a small amount of product and they come in cardboard?! Now that they've taken away the cardoboad you're forced to buy pans or individual aluminum containers (which is great in a sense) but really an added expense (also makes you buy more to fill in the palettes). The colored plastic compacts for the convertibles look very cheap too (reminds me of barbie type plastic). Their brushes are also SUPER soft and I'm really lemming for the Pro Brush set but for 300+CAD for 5 face brushes I really don't need it, I'd rather pay 260CAD for MAC's Pro Brush Roll including all the brushes.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
scalawaggirl -
If you order from Stila.com you get FREE shipping!!!
AND like I mentioned you also get this too cute FREE cosmetics clutch.
I am loving this so much.
The lipstick color, Olivia, is the most beautiful nude.
Oh and the copper smudge pot, gorgeous!!!

Woman, I got the free shipping because I couldn't resist! Stila's makeup is so much fun and has such great neutrals, which I adore. You can just grab a set like this and go! Saw the clutch in my basket - Surprise! - and the copper smudge pot is what pushed me over the edge. I've been wanting to try these but didn't want to commit to the big size. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
You will LOVE it, I have been using it everyday. The smudge pot is great. The eyeshadow colors are so great, I didn't have any Stila eyeshadows, so I love that these are so neutral. Let me know what you think when you receive!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
You will LOVE it, I have been using it everyday. The smudge pot is great. The eyeshadow colors are so great, I didn't have any Stila eyeshadows, so I love that these are so neutral. Let me know what you think when you receive!!

Got it yesterday! What an adorable little box it comes in. Smile I will probably try them out on Friday as I'm planning to do a big peel this afternoon. Of course, I had to try the lippie and it is a very cute neutral, I agree!

I love the free makeup bag, too. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes i forgot about the jewelry box thing that it comes packaged in - too cute!!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:51 am      Reply with quote
i don't like its package style.
and their limit edition is always liggloss kit or eye color kit.
never have a combo
so i haven't a chance to try its products. Cool
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I havent tried the cosmetics but the Jade Blossom perfume is gorgeous Smile
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
nutella wrote:
Yay..I am well-chuffed with the Stila makeup. The only bad thing is I can't get their stuff easily as no stila in my area. Crying or Very sad

For those who can't get Stila where they live (like me!) strawberrynet has recently started carrying "some" Stila cosmetics & brushes
http://us.strawberrynet.com/makeup.aspx?BrandId=592&goChar=S

As always with strawberry, they don't have the full range, and limited colours, but the prices are pretty good, with some 50% off, eg the long handle blush brush at US14. Plus, with their loyalty scheme and depending where you live you can get even more discount, in my case another 25% Very Happy

I've already stocked up on a ton of stuff Very Happy

EDIT - i forgot to add at the moment they have a free Stila rouge pots cheek mousse for new customers
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
i don't like shop on strawberry.the purple is ugly.sorry Confused
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi appletini Laughing

That's how I got the stila stuff from. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
god, I love the convertible colors for lips and cheeks, and the lip glaze pencil, and the eye shadows and the package.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I love the packaging.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I too order from strawberrynet.com. The convertible lip/cheek cream has a very fine texture. Smooths on like a dream and stays fresh all day (on the cheek that is). So bad they only carry one color. Now they have the mini lip gloss set at a very reasonable price. Check it out !

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |