Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any recommended Yon-Ka products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm looking into start using Yon-Ka face care products. Unfortunately, there's no Yon-Ka spa near where I live so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some products. I have dehydrated combination skin (more on the dry side though). Thanks!

Lynn
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
The cleanser I used from Yonka...Gel Nettoyant, is probably going to be too drying for you. But I love Yonka! If my current routine ends up not working (or I get bored, which tends to happen) I'm definitely going back to Yonka...I just wish that I could order one of EDS's fabulous trios, but they don't ship to the US Crying or Very sad

They have a cleansing milk, you should check out the reviews on Makeup Alley http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=4628/Lait_Nettoyant/Yon-Ka/Cleansers/

As well as a cleansing cream...though someone else much more knowleadgable would have to address which is more appropriate for your skin.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
l like ps lotion ,it good for dehydrated skin Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I think the best thing is to email EDS and ask - Yonka has a lot of great creams for dry skin. Also take a look at their original website (google Yonka). They have a wide range of products and it depends on what you are looking for - just a moisturizer? lightening product? anti-aging? You'll have a better idea from the descriptions on the Yonka site.

I think for your dry skin I'd recommend Dermol 2 - it's a serum that you can use alone or mixed with your regular moisturizer. By itself it has great hydrating properties but added to your regular moisturizer it boosts the benefits of it, not to mention it turns it into a great makeup base as it's very smoothing. I am currently using Dermol 3 mixed with Creme 15 for my own skintype and at this point it's a definite repurchase for me.

I didn't like the Cleansing Milk as it left a film on my face (but mine is combo w/oily t-zone) so it might be ok for you. I think the gel would be suited to all skintypes but it didn't WOW me enough to purchase the full size. I LOVE their toners.

Anyways, have a look at their company website - I find their descriptions a lot better than EDS and they categorize their products so it's easier to find the things that meets your needs. Also, after looking up interested products you could head over to makeupalley.com to find any relevant reviews (you probably won't find too much on EDS). That's how I figured I wanted Dermol 3. HTH
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hey!

I thought my skin was oily but, I've come to realize that I actually have sensitive skin that's slightly dry so I've tried almost all the Yonka products! Smile

Cleansers:
I'd recommend the milk since we have similar skin types. The milk is really gentle and I don't find that it leaves a film, I find that it leaves my skin feeling perfectly moisturized! I've tried the Gel and it didn't bother my skin for a couple of days (I felt like my acne was looking better) but, then it dried my skin out like a flake. Not pretty! Sad
The Milk doesn't lather up like the Gel does though, so don't expect a frothy texture when you use it.

Lotion:
I'd recommend the PS for Normal/Dry skin. It makes my skin feel just slightly more silkier. I didn't notice much change to my skin when I used the Lotion for Oily skin. In fact, I'm still not a huge fan of toners.

Moisturizer:
Definitely the Creme 83. I love that stuff. It seems to be an absolutely perfect mix for me. It doesn't dry out my skin and it doesn't make it too oily either. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy. I also like the Pamplemousse PS.

I don't think you can do any wrong with the Yonka Normal/Dry skin line. They're really gentle and haven't caused me any problems. The only thing that I use that's for Normal/Oily is the Mask, which I only use once a week.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kel wrote:

Lotion:
I'd recommend the PS for Normal/Dry skin. It makes my skin feel just slightly more silkier. I didn't notice much change to my skin when I used the Lotion for Oily skin. In fact, I'm still not a huge fan of toners.

l agree Smile ,l am oily skin ,sometime feel dry after used cleanser for oily skin.but with PS Lotion ,it make my skin refresh Surprised
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys! My skin is just weird. I think naturally, my skin is slightly shiny around my T-Zone, but because I'm always in an a/c room and never sleep enough or drink enough water, my skin is dehydrated and I have large pores. I never have any problems with acne and hardly have any blackheads really. It's just so hard finding the right skincare products. If I use products for sensitive/dry skin, my face gets so shiny, whereas if I use those for combination/oily skin, my skin starts getting a bit flaky in some areas after a few days. Anyway, I just ordered the Cleansing Milk, Lotion for oily skin and Mask for dry/sensitive skin. Also, I'm currently using Yon-Ka Pamplemousse, Phyto 58, and Serum.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |