Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ultra emu oil vs. clear refined emu oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm new emu. The only one I've tried is a sample of DY's clear refined emu. I noticed skincarecentral has an ultra emu oil. Is there a difference?
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
marina -

the ultra is not clear. it's whitish in color, but odorless just like the clear emu.

i find it much more emollient than the clear. if i mix it with my HA, it does not seem to absorb as well as the clear. the theory is that the ultra has more healing/anti inflammatory properties than the clear.

BUT it's nice stuff to have around. i had a patch of excema (stress) and used the ultra and it helped it heal very quickly.

marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know. To mix with HA on oily skin, it sounds like clear is better (and layerable) Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and find Ultra much better - it does absorb well if mixed with HA ( or plain water) and given a few minutes. But it is much more healing and gives something extra to the skin. I read that is much more anti-inflammatory and much more healing. It just suits my skin better.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I recently tried adding Emu oil to my skin care and found within a week I had blackheads. My skin is dry/normal. I loved how it felt going on and throughout the day but I don't want to deal with blackheads. Does anyone have a suggestion? I didn't mix it with water so could that be a cause?

k
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Marina - If your skin's dehydrated from actives I'm thinking ultra. From what I've read it's more plumping and moisturising whereas the clear seems more a water loss prevention thing for oilier people. But I must admit I never sampled the clear.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Marina - If your skin's dehydrated from actives I'm thinking ultra. From what I've read it's more plumping and moisturising whereas the clear seems more a water loss prevention thing for oilier people. But I must admit I never sampled the clear.

Molly, I still have a bit left from my DY emu. It's not all that clear-actally a little white sediment at the bottom till I shake it, but that may be because I've had over a year-it was clear before. But, when they call it a serum-it's really pretty viscous-unlike an HA serum. When I mix the 2 my skin looks a bit greasy but then absorbs right away-haven't tried it during the day yet. But, I have to admit, my skin does looks plumper the next mornig and feels great. It did work well under eyes as well.

Ill probably sample the ultra first & just buy dremu from EDS for now-it takes SO long to get stuff from DY (3 weeks at least)

Thanks for the help.

BTW, for those who mix emu & HA, what are the amounts approximately-I may be using too much emu.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, try to apply the mix to the damp face, it really improves the absorbtion. Also, you can order clear emu from LBprocessors.com. They ship right away, and as I've heard, Dremu gets their oil from them too.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I have combination skin and find Ultra much better - it does absorb well if mixed with HA ( or plain water) and given a few minutes. But it is much more healing and gives something extra to the skin. I read that is much more anti-inflammatory and much more healing. It just suits my skin better.

HTH,
Lucy.

I'm like Lucy: i have combination skin, too, and prefer the ultra emu oil. i actually find that it absorbs better than the clear emu oil, especially when my skin is sensitive due to actives (as Molly pointed out Smile Smile Smile )

I usually apply mine with HA serum--during the summer, my ratio was usually 2 drops emu + 6 drops HA. Now that it's winter, it's more like 4 drops emu + 4 drops HA. If it ever feels too oily, I just apply more HA to my face and the ultra emu sinks right in.

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Priscilla, that is about waht I do as well. Sometimes I mix it with Red Tea Serum (from DY), it is more anti-inflamatory.
When I am lazy I just mix it with a bit of water.

I am also very acne prone, and many things cause me to get clogged pores, but definitely not EMU. If anything it helps to heal the skin.

It also may depend on the manufacturer. I only used Ultra Emu from LB (did not like Clear Emu), the service, the people and all products I tried so far are great.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Priscilla, that is about waht I do as well. Sometimes I mix it with Red Tea Serum (from DY), it is more anti-inflamatory.
When I am lazy I just mix it with a bit of water.

ME TOO! I love the Red Tea Serum and figure that I can use all of the antioxidants that I can get. Smile

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

It also may depend on the manufacturer. I only used Ultra Emu from LB (did not like Clear Emu), the service, the people and all products I tried so far are great.

HTH,
Lucy.

Why didn't you like the clear emu. Thanks for the red tea serum tip. I hava half a bottle left & didn't find it did much alone.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I just recently started using the Dremu Oil (two nights ago), and applied it directly to the skin...all over. I have an area on my chin and around my mouth I'm concerned about because I overdid the exfoliating. However, I put the same amount on my nose, forehead, cheeks, etc. What is rule of thumb when applying it? Do you mix it typically w/water or HA? I just recently purchased Skinceuticals C+AHA (yup, recent shopping binge due to these forums! Very Happy )....should the Dremu oil be mixed with that or should one be applied first, then the other?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Marina,I did not see Clear Emu to do anyhting for my skin. It did not penetrate better then Ultra mixed with something, and did not do much. I still have it somewhere in a drawer.

I use Ultra day and night - mix it in my hand with something ( best choice - Red Tea Serum, HA - second best, water - last choice), and then spread it all over the face including eyes, massage it a bit, and give it a few minutes to penetrate. Aafter a few minutes it is absorbed, so if it is a.m. routine - I can apply sunscreen.
I found it to be very healing and calming.

I am a natural redhead with sensitive, unpredictable combination skin, with old and some new acne scars, freckles, and (oh boy..) some (but few for now) age spots, and I also am trying to prevent wrinkles and remove the few I already have. Eye area being my weekest spot. Also my eyes react to so many things - but the Emu+ is extremely well tolerated by my skin. Makes it more even colored (calms it), heals scabs, and makes it more supple.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
That's exactly what I found in just a couple of days that I've been using emu mixed with HA-supple, calm skin. I didn't get this with HA alone. I didn't like it when I first tried it; when you're used to fast-absorbing & luxurious creams, it just felt greasy & I wanted to wash it off right away. But. I was just appliying it & not rubbing it in. After reading here, I tried it again & this time massaged it in past the 'yuck' factor. This time, I noticed the difference right away.

Thanks-I'll try the ultra emu next.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck and let us know how it will work out for you.

Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know that you had to massage it in. May be that's why I always find it takes a long time for the emu to be absorbed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't massage. I pat. Just a couple of drops warmed between my fingers post HA.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I find it absorbs better-the greasyness is gone immediately otherwise it just lays there...having been an oil well a few years ago I have a natural aversion to treatments that feel oily.It works better for me this way.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |