Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HA and/or vit-C serums?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I need some help! Laughing

As winter is aproaching my dehydrated combination skin need more moisture without too much oil. Richer creams tend to be, well, too rich for mye skin. I have been considering buying a HA serum, and perhaps also a vit-C serum. Any suggestions? Are PSF products a good place to start? There is so many products, I cannot decide! Laughing
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been using PSF's 20% Vitamin C serum, which has HA in it, since the summer, and I really like it. I also love their face firming toner. The toner smells wonderful and feels refreshing. The two products work great together and my skin has defintely improved with them.

Schnee wrote:
I need some help! Laughing

As winter is aproaching my dehydrated combination skin need more moisture without too much oil. Richer creams tend to be, well, too rich for mye skin. I have been considering buying a HA serum, and perhaps also a vit-C serum. Any suggestions? Are PSF products a good place to start? There is so many products, I cannot decide! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello Schnee - I'm thinking HA alone won't be enough in a wintery climate especially if you're skin's dehydrated. PSFs Vit C is also HA based. I'd add a light oil - just a drop - emu or rosehip seed (a very light, dry oil) to that.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for helping me Very Happy

I absolutly need more moisture now. I use some oils (jojoba, almond) and an oilbased cleanser, but find that adding a heavy moisturiser on top of that is too much. I need instant hydration, and not oil! Laughing

What does actually vit-c do? It does give som gentle exfoliation and even out the skintone? Or am I all wrong here? Confused

Puh, skincare is difficult....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
if you are looking for vc product, I recommend cellex-c Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
What does actually vit-c do? It does give som gentle exfoliation and even out the skintone?

It's main action is as an anti-oxidant and one that is particularly geared to neutralise the kind of free radicals generated by the sun on your skin. It also stimulates production of collagen. There's a teeny bit of exfoliation which goes with it because it's acidic. Result more even skintone with some glow and a lessening of fine lines.

A lot of us just use HA and bio oils for moisturising. You don't have to use another product on top of that.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Schnee,

If you are having a problem with dehydration due to the cooler weather, you may want to hold off on the topical C as that can further dry your skin... or use it just a couple of times a week and add a day a week unless you see further drying and then back off a day.

Once good oil to use for hydration is squalane. Look for the 100% vegetable variety for the closest match to human sebum. I purchase mine at http://iceelements.com who also has a great moisture lotion for either normal to dry or normal to oily skin.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Is HA safe for day time use under the sun? Thanks!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Schnee - had to laugh at yr 'Puh, skincare is difficult'. It IS complicated cuz it's the largest organ of our body & the most exposed to the elements & they are constantly changing. In the skin's case, one size definitely doesn't fit all, or for all seasons.

I try to look upon it as an adventure into my own wellbeing. As I grow & change internally, my skin is being battered about unless I treat it as part of the whole me. Skincare can be fun, especially now that there are so many quality products available.
And this website/forum is a godsend.

You have the opportunity to experiment so just try to enjoy it. There was nothing, nothing, and I really mean nothing when I was your age. Just plain ol' hard water and drying soap - oh, yes, there was Nivea cream. But that's it. No sunscreen, & the only options were no makeup or heavy makeup. Can you imagine?

Unless you had an oil well for skin, as luckily I did, you were in for serious trouble down the highway of life.

So take heart, your body & soul are one - enjoy the journey of discovery. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:
Schnee,

If you are having a problem with dehydration due to the cooler weather, you may want to hold off on the topical C as that can further dry your skin... or use it just a couple of times a week and add a day a week unless you see further drying and then back off a day.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

Thank tou. I put vit-c on hold until spring, unless I can use a hydrating serum on top to prevent dryness.. Confused Or maybe I'm too lazy to add more than 1 product just now. I find that for my skin less is more.. Very Happy

Arya2, sounds like you've had a rough start with Nivea cream! Laughing I'm glad I've more choices, but sometimes it is just so difficult to know what to try and what is a waste of time.I've already used 10 years trying anf failing, well, and some hits. Wink

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |