Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
troubles with an old facial peircing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

About 6 years ago I got my nose peirced, and about 2 years ago I took it out.

So, now I have a black hole in the middle of my nose... although it has shrunk considerably, it still looks like a large blackhead (grosse!).
I am used to it, so I barely see it when I look in the mirror, but I know that others practically stare at it when they see it for the first time!
and I cannot cover it with concealer either because it just accentuates the hole.

Initially I was using peroxide on it, hoping to lighten the skin (I have now determined that the skin is not dark... its the fact that it is a little concave hole that makes it look dark).

any suggestions on how I can help "fill in" this hole?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I have my nose pierced, I know that when I take it out I'm going to first talk with a derm so that I don't have some weird bump like some of my friends do. What gauge did you have? The standard is 20g...but some have 18g (I did for awhile).

If it is something that is larger than the average pimple, you might consult a dermatologist. The last thing you want is to extract it, or do something that might lead to terrible scarring due to its size, considering it is from a previous piercing and not simply a lack of exfoliation in a normal size pore.

But that's just me. I'm interested to hear of what others have to say, since I might be facing the same thing in the future. Not anytime soon, I love my nose piercing too much and it took me years to get up the courage to finally do it! I figured I'd enjoy it as long as possible! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I would consider trying some remodeling using copper peptides. Do a board search or address a post to Molly and Skalawagirl...they (as well as other board members) have lots of information re: cp's.

And maybe check with a dermatologist to see if a Restalayne (sp?) type of filler would be appropriate.

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried one of those pore filler creams? Clinique's is pretty nice, if you're very pale like me. (Can't believe I'm recommending a Clinique product! Embarassed) Maybe you could get some samples and try them.

I have a question for all of you: How do you blow your nose, and keep the back from getting ..Umm...dirty? I've always wondered this. I think they're really cute, though!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have several of those holes too...one in my nose, one on my eyebrow, one below my lip. I dont really notice them anymore, although I have decided to have a PS fix them. Basically he makes very small cuts and sews the hole together. I'll probably be left with a tiny scar but thats fine with me.

Tosca,

To answer your question-mine never really got dirty, when it did I just cleaned it with a Q-tip.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I love my nose piercing...but, I'll be honest...it sucks when you have a head cold Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Vonstella and ParisTroika! Very Happy Very Happy I have really always wondered about that.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |