Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Keeping fit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2004 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, one thing's for sure - we all love to take care of our skin.

Just curious what do you guys do to keep that body fit?? Question Question

Jenny
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2004 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Jenny,

I like to walk to the train station each day.. and walk around during my lunch break. In one day, I walk about an hour for my cardio.

At home, weights 3x a week. This really tones--the stability ball is great for pushups and situps. It makes you balance your weight and work out muscles you never felt before.

What does everyone else do?
Dayziepix
5% products discount

Wed May 05, 2004 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I am on week 2 of Slim in 6. Tough workout, and looking forward to the end result. I dont have much to lose,,but looking to tone. I did Tae Bo about 4yrs ago and lost about 60lbs, great workout, Billy is my god!! lol.
PS. What a great topic!!
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2004 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I bicycle for transportion as much as I can. I usually do 40-80 miles a week average. Although this works for me & I love it, I feel I need to concentrate on certain areas w/specific exercises. I find that kind of exercise boring & it's hard to stick with it. Any suggestions for abdomen & buttocks(I've bicycled mine into non-existence..buttocks that is..abdomen needs firming Embarassed )?
Mabsy

Thu May 06, 2004 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Great topic Jenny!

Well, until a few weeks ago I did.... nothing Anxious

But two weeks ago I decided to join the gym Shock So, I'm now doing 2 (half-hour) personal training sessions a week and between 1 and 2 Les Mills Body Pump (which are great!) a week as well. I had my fitness assessment yesterday morning.... let's not talk about the results of that.... Embarassed

I don't do any cardio as such (my bad! Bad Grin ) because I don't want to loose any weight. My diet is next on the "overhaul list". I've started taking "Rapid Gain 4000" to give my muscles a bit of a hand and hopefully put on some fat too! I'm also trying to make an effort to eat more fresh fruit.

I'm VERY sore at the moment - which reminds me.... I should do a review of the Ahava bath salts Wink

Mabsy
Mabsy

Thu May 06, 2004 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Queenpedauque,

Have you tried LM Body Pump classes? I'm terrible with exercise and I find gym really boring. That's one reason why I had to get a personal trainer - otherwise this whole "get fit" plan would have no chance! But I started going to Body Pump and it's great! Very painful, but great! Laughing

queenpedauque wrote:
I bicycle for transportion as much as I can. I usually do 40-80 miles a week average. Although this works for me & I love it, I feel I need to concentrate on certain areas w/specific exercises. I find that kind of exercise boring & it's hard to stick with it. Any suggestions for abdomen & buttocks(I've bicycled mine into non-existence..buttocks that is..abdomen needs firming Embarassed )?
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2004 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys
Apologies for the silence - the last week has been stressful for me.

I use not to do anything - but I took up Jazz dancing bout 18 months ago - that got me going and looking forward to some form of exercise.

I have since gone on to body sculpting sessions with a trainer and a weekend gym workout on my own with weights. I do a 4 km run on the treadmill and lift weights to pump up those "desired" areas. (Don't you just hate it when you lose weight at the wrong areas *whisper* like the boobs...) Of course, I cannot live without the crunches, etc - that bulge loves to appear once I get lazy or gluttonous...hehehe.

Need to work on that butt of mine.
Ciao
Jenny
Caspers Mum

Fri May 14, 2004 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not in optimum shape, as I was five years ago, but I DO walk a lot, and try to get to the gym for an hour of running or cross-training at least four-five times per week. I walk from home to the spa many mornings (in my gym gear, carrying a back-pack, as I change here). It's uphill, and as I walk fast, it takes me about 30-35 minutes. For most people, about 45-50 min. I love it! Strap on my Walkman, listen to the radio or whatever, first thing in the morning ... gets the blood flowing for the day! Here's a nice mental image: sometimes, when I am answering your e-mails, first thing in the morning, before we open, I'm sitting here in my sweaty Jogbra & shorts. Shock Cute! Vancouver is a very bike/walking/running friendly city, especially where I live & where the spa is located. See images below. Note: we're in Pt. Grey, I live in Kitsilano.

When I moved to Vancouver in 1996, I was very heavy (over 200 lbs), and became teeny-tiny about five years ago. It was too hard to maintain, and I was forever working out & watching what I ate. I packed on too much (again) for my liking, due to some unfortunate life-experiences a few years ago, but I'm a nice, normal size 6-8 now. Happy, but could stand to lose about 10lbs. Whatever. I know how to do this, and am fortunate to have one of those mesomorph bodies that sheds weight easily. I like beer on weekends though Razz

I'll usually put-in an hour or more, cross-training at the gym, or using the elliptical trainer. I'm so accustomed to doing this, that my body has plateaued, and I really need to get back into doing weights! I Rollerblade a lot too during the spring & summer months.

http://www.blockwalk.com/vancouver/kitsilano/images_kitsilano.htm

http://www.blockwalk.com/vancouver/westpointgrey/images_westpointgrey.htm
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2004 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Caspers Mum
Love the pictures. Brings back fond memories for me - I spent 1 year in Toronto in 1996. Also, I spent 2 days of my honeymoon in Vancouver (some 15 years ago!!!). Cool crisp air, friendly people, I don't mind the snow once in a while....

You sound like one fit "Mum".....he he he. Wish I could walk to work too - but sun is too strong and air is too humid here in Singapore. I'd likely melt before I get to the office! Laughing

Cheers
Jenny
mlmaier
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2004 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, not much in the past few weeks (bad, bad monica Confused ) but when I DO work out (which I defnitely need to start doing again ) I walk 2 to 3 times a week, and do my Body Pump class at Gold's Gym. Love that class.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2004 2:43 am      Reply with quote
not as much as I used to when I was training 5xs a week but I'm getting back in to things.

Currently walking 5 evenings a week 30-40 mins.
I take 2 thai boxing classes a week.

Want to get back up to
running 2x a week
2 thai boxing
2 boxing
1 or 2 heavy weight training sessions

I want my old body back Crying or Very sad someone stole it and gave me something that ain't right Very Happy

Ladies please don't be afraid of the weight room and put down those 1or 2lb things either that won't change your body shape.
Good luck to everyone!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |