Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
For the EDS "family" that I feel I have
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gals!

Guess what?! As of today, after 5 years, 5 months, and 15 days of dating, my boyfriend and I have engaged!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all very surreal to me, but I thought of the people in this forum and wanted to somehow "share" the news with everyone!!!!!

Craziness!!!!! Very Happy
Lisa
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant, "my boyfriend and I ARE engaged" . . . apparently my grammar has gone awry due to all the surprise and shock of the day! Surprised
Mabsy

Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa!

OMG! That's fabulous! I'm so happy for you! And I feel very flattered (as I'm sure others will too) that you decided to share the news with us.

How did it happen and when are you planning the wedding for? Wow, this is so exciting! I wish you all the best!

Mabsy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
How exciting!! Did you see it coming, or was it a total surprise?

--Alohagirl:P

P.S. Are you one of those girls who's been planning her wedding since age 10? Wink
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the congrats! I just feel so close to a lot of you that you guys are like my closest friends. So I had to share the news with you all!

I haven't been planning my wedding since I was 10, but well, I've had "images" of what it should be like hee hee hee.

It's been an extremely surreal day . . . completely bizarre, but really really memorable! Smile

I think I need to get some sleep and make sure this isn't all a dream ha ha ha!
I love you guys!
Lisa
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tell us about your beautiful ring? I have a friend who got an old pick up truck for her engagement instead of a ring but you would think it was a brand spanking new truck.
Very Happy

I wish you a long and fairty tale life with your husband to be.

Fantasia:)
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations, we're all so happy for you! thanks for sharing. Wink
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Chunlisa,

Did you cry when he was down on his knees asking you to marry him? Did you wear Lancome waterproof navy blue mascara? Is that strange that from that day on you will introduce him as " My fiance" instead of " My boyfriend" to your friends and anybody else? WOW, I'm so excited. I love weddings. All the best to you, Chunlisa and your husband-to-be:DVery HappyVery Happy
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa

Congrats!!!
I know the feeling - sometimes you've got to pinch yourself - is this real? am I engaged?? I remember when I first got news that I was expecting - I stopped every few minutes and asked myself - am I really going to be a mother??? I guess you would be asking: am I really going to MRS .......????
Really excited for you that you will be heading towards to next KEY milestone. AND, thanks for sharing - it is just great - we are one big happy cyber family

A Toast to you and your husband to be
Jenny
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes. You know what's really ironic? The enthusiasm I've gotten from all of you exceeds the enthusiasm that I've gotten from some of my HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS. Well, they weren't "best friends" or anything; I emailed them out of courtesy but you can really tell who you "real" friends are from this type of news. Some people wrote back and said, "Congrats Lisa" . . . and that's it. But my "real" friends wrote back with "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I need to call you right now!"

It's so strange (but wonderful) to know that I have not met ANY of you on this forum but I feel closer to you than to some of my older acquaintances. We really have a genuine love for each other on this forum that I feel is non-existent on any other web forum. Thank you guys *SO* much for your excitement and well wishes!

To answer your questions, YES, I did end up crying when he was on his knees. I promised myself I wouldn't cry when he proposed, but I guess it caught me completely off-guard . . . ha ha ha, I guess that's supposed to happen, right?

And babyfish! I WAS wearing my navy bleu Lancome mascara! Ahahahaha! It was great -- no running whatsoever! WOW . . . Lancome should use this as a commercial idea! A boyfriend, down on one knee, proposing and the girl cries but NO MASCARA RUNNING. That would sell ME some mascara ha ha ha!

Thanks again, Everyone!
Lisa
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I meant when he was on his "knee" -- he was only on one knee -- not both knees (he didn't have to BEG me to marry him ahahahahah). Just wanted to make that clear!
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Sorry, Chunlisa, I didn't really visualize your fiance was down on both knees :P. It was just out of habit you know when you mention some body parts like eyes, ears, lips. So sorry, any way, please forgive me! And I'll take it as a great tip to remember to put on waterproof navy blue mascara everytime my sixth sense is telling me something very sentimental coming my way. I cry very easily. Silly goose! One more time, Chunlisa, congratulations, not to you but to HIM, The Most Lucky Guy on Earth who Stole Our Lisa from Us. Whoa!
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa (btw, nice to meet you)

Please, tell us all the details, well most of them anyway. Like where were you when he proposed, did anyone else know before you, how did he give the ring to you?
Caspers Mum

Wed May 19, 2004 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't turn into a "Bridezilla" Shock Embarassed

http://www.wordspy.com/words/bridezilla.asp
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2004 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES~!!!! Cool

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |