Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best "nude" lipstick?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Please recommend a good "nude" lipstick for me. There are so many out there and I don't know where to begin. I have brown hair, brown eyes, and pale skin with a very faint yellow undertone.

Also, a while back, I was reading a lot of buzz about people trying to figure out the lipcolor that Angelina Jolie wore a lot. Does anyone know what color/brand that was? I remember comments that it was in the "nude" range also.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Also, a while back, I was reading a lot of buzz about people trying to figure out the lipcolor that Angelina Jolie wore a lot. Does anyone know what color/brand that was?

Guerlain Divinora 480.

i'm not necessarily recommending it. this is just "her" shade. nudes are really tricky and if they don' work for you, you can look like a cadaver. take recommendations with a grain of salt and try them on yourself.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I just got a lipstick in a Stila package, it is called Olivia, and I think its a great nude color for me. I have brown hair, brown eyes, and light to medium olive skin.
I also got a Loreal juice lipstick called Personali-tea, which is also a beautiful nude color, and cheaper. Scarlett Johansen was wearing it on last month's Allure cover. It is more shiny, than the Stila lipstick. More like a gloss in a lipstick container if that makes sense.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if an Angelinaesque nude would work for most people. Those dead-pale, concealer-like nudes are really only for people with very red, pigmented lips that want to tone them down. She also always wears a bold eye to balance out the muted mouth.

One person's HG nude lippie will be another's face-deadener. There are a lot of different kinds of nudes out there: rosy, peachy, beigey, brown, greyish, etc. For your coloring, I would think that a more rosy, beigey mauve color would probably work best. Some: NARS Dolce Vita, Clinique Tenderheart, MAC Sharp Beige. This kind of color is always safe for most complexions.

However, for a more statement-y nude, you can go with something that's pale, but peachy rather than greyish. I really like NARS Belle du Jour lipstick for a nude lip (I am usually the 2nd or 3rd palest in most foundation lines and have black hair, very dark eyes and fairly pigmented lips).
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Nudes are so tricky...I've found that I have to use a couple of different colors to get the look I want.

But my staple is chanel lipliner in nude, it's kind of brown but it goes with beiges or pinky nudes..........I just bought one called nude pink from valeriebeauty.com(lipstick)..go to that website and they have different color combos on REAL lips.
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Shishedo
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
What color in Shiseido?
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
babymax24 wrote:
Nudes are so tricky...I've found that I have to use a couple of different colors to get the look I want.

I can never live without this liner!! I don't use it everyday but it's the one I have several of as a go-to perfect color for me. It's a little darker than I would like but I still love it. They have a new one out now called "natural" that I really want. It's lighter and less pink. I had a small one that came in a compact once several years ago but since they never sold it on its own until now, I haven't used it much. I'm waiting to be able to afford it so I can snatch one up!
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh . . .That is easy. I.D. Bare Escentuals has an adprable 3 peice nude kit w/ the perfect nude lip liner, lip gloss, and lavender infused lip stick. I must warn that the lip stick alon is kind of pinky but for me, it matches my natural lip color very well.

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder Fixation. MAC Hug Me. Laura Mercier Bare Lips.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have a couple of nude colours that I wear. I prefer to put lipstick first then follow with gloss.

My favorite nude is Twig by Avon. It is about $5.00 on sale. It is a nude with a peachy undertone. I am quite PPP with blonde hair and green eyes.

If you find a colour is too blah or beige; try adding a pink gloss over it. Most of the time it is a differnt colour and very pretty.
llb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am in love with all nude lipsticks----I have a ton!!!
I am light skinned, dark hair, green eyes.

My new fave is a cheapy.

Milani
Caramel 03

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I also have Guerlain Divinora 480 and also the Guerlain Kiss Kiss .. um.. maxi shine.. um, maybe it is the white shine, I would have to check on that, but it is a neutral color that looks great over a lip base (like the Guerlain Lip Lift). I have some sheer brown and also gold tint gloss from Dior that I put on top of the Divanora too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do they not make the 480 shade anymore? I can't find it...I even found a company who promises to "recreate the shade" for 50 bucks...so I'm assuming it's gone?

I love nude lipsticks...I have since realized I misplaced my last one (some Revlon something or other) but I'm planning on replacing it so I'm keeping a sharp eye on this thread...

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
well, that would make sense... I got mine at a 50% off sale at a department store during Australia's winter sales (June)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
My current favourite is Revlon Super Lustrous in Fleshtone.

I went though 6-7 tubes of MAC Twig, but I usually layer on some gloss over it because it can look flat.

Bobbi Brown Putty is one of my nude lippie staples, too. HTH! Smile
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Nude for night: I like MAC Hue. It's a nude light creamy pink that goes great with smokey eyes. It lightens my pigmented lips very well.

Nude for day: MAC Brave. A pretty brownish pink, it's my run-to MLBB shade.

I have similar coloring to you, so maybe you could pull-off those shades.
SoniaK1
5% products discount

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I was JUST looking for a good nude color lipgloss this weekend. I'm not too familiar with lipstick, but I like MAC's lipglass in oyster. It's got a pearly pale pink color to it that comes out light on my lips. I have dark brown hair/eyes/fair skin. I was going to do a straight nude color, and MAC has their lipglass in I think it's actually called nude, something like that. I changed my mind though because you can get a nice nude-ish color lip color if you put a little bit of your foundation on your lips then go over it with a slightly colored lipgloss. My goodness though picking out the right color for yourself is so tedious, it took me forever. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Do they not make the 480 shade anymore? I can't find it...I even found a company who promises to "recreate the shade" for 50 bucks...so I'm assuming it's gone?

it may still be available here, but i kind of stopped looking since nudes and i don't seem to get on.... however, they have a KissKiss shade that is an almost exact match: 540 Envie de Beige. my understanding is that this is a little creamier and has a touch of shimmer whereas the 480 is drier and matte. (i was just answering the question about Jolie's famous colour.)

mind you, i *love* the way nudes make my lips look. they look gorgeous and lush and kissable. it's the rest of my face that falls flat when i wear them. but that just seems to be me Sad
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I think finding the right nude is very tricky, just like finding the right pink or red. It totally depends on your skin tone, hair color, and the pigment on your lips. It's best to try out different ones. Personally, I find Bobbi Brown makes excellent nude(ish) shades, but then again, when it comes to makeup I'm a big Bobbi Brown fan Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

mind you, i *love* the way nudes make my lips look. they look gorgeous and lush and kissable. it's the rest of my face that falls flat when i wear them. but that just seems to be me Sad

That's exactly it. I was always admiring the 'nude lips' pics on mua- they looked great but they were only pics of the lips. When you pan to the whole face, the effect was completely different.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
damn, I have a shade from smashbox that is a fraction more natural red than when you use those lip plumpers that make you red. I think it's gorgeous but the name has worn off the bottom Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been searching for a good nude lipstick for years. I'm must try the Stila one...Olivia! Great name. I found a great pink/nude from Smashbox called Improv but it has been discontinued. Lately I have been blotting a little foundation on my lips (very little) and then I put on a nice gloss...I prefer one with a little pink in it...like mac love nectar. It gives a nice nude lip without looking like you tried.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently Allure voted Laura Mercier Discretion as the best nude lip color.

Has anyone tried this????

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the LM Discretion l/s--I tried to order it online awhile back, but it was sold out Sad According to MUA members, this is the one Angelina uses:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=29661/Discretion/Laura_Mercier/Lipstick/

hth Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |