Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best "nude" lipstick?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a picture of Angelina Jolie wearing this? Please post! I want to see what it is people are raving about.

TIA! Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for mentioning the Laura Mercier Discretion. Sounds like a winner! I know I have to try them out to see how they look on me, but all of these posts have given me some great options!

BTW, does anyone know which Jane Iredale lipstick would qualify for the "nude" family? I can't tell from the color swatches on the JI website. If not, no prob!

Thanks again for all fo the help!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered (again, from Sephora...can't help but use that 20% as much as possible I guess) Laura Mercier in Discretion. It has good reviews on MUA...I'm going to give it a whirl and see. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
nars "in turkish delight" very nude
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Guerlain 480.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Does anyone have a picture of Angelina Jolie wearing this? Please post! I want to see what it is people are raving about.

TIA! Smile

Nevermind. I found one, here it is:

Image[/img]

p/s love her eye makeup, too!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Here's someobody else who looks good in nude lips: Eva Mendes! (yeah I know, I got nothing better to do today... Rolling Eyes ) I wonder what color she's wearing - is it Fleshtone, the one I use...? hehe Razz

p/s Marci, please keep us posted on what you've decided to get, and write a review!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Bumping for marci65. Smile
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
OK - that lipstick on Angelina is awesome! I've been looking for that color for months and since I'm horrible at picking out colors, I've purchased quite a few different kinds and gotten nowhere near what I wanted. Crying or Very sad

Is that a picture of the Guerlain or the Laura Mercier? I read reviews on MUA of the LM one and they said that it's mostly beige? The one on Angelina looks like it has a good bit of pink in it to me... I'm just dying to get this color...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Anomaly, I got that picture from an online seller who was selling the Guerlain. (forgot the site, but it wasn't ebay, I'm sure). Anyways I'm going to LM this weekend to check out Discretion...
lilithim
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
This is going to sound nuts, but my absolute favorite nude is E.L.F.'s SqueezyGloss (that's not what it's called,) but it's a less thick gloss, less so than ColourJuice, and the color is Candlelight. They discontinued the other nude I use in the click lipcolor, but Brownie Points is pretty close.
I have super pigmented full lips, like Ms.Jolie, so I really like concealer-color nudes.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Anomaly, I got that picture from an online seller who was selling the Guerlain. (forgot the site, but it wasn't ebay, I'm sure). Anyways I'm going to LM this weekend to check out Discretion...

Just remember...she's not necessarily wearing Guerlain 480 in this picture...it's obviously an ad for her movie Tomb Raider...the seller might just have chosen one of the many images of her in nude lipstick from the web. I remember a cover she did for Allure or something like 4 years ago, wearing a nude lipstick. It was Revlon "in the buff" or something to that effect. Of course I ran to Meijer (yay Midwest!) and bought it. It never looked right when it first went on, but after blotting and allowing it to set, I'd brush on some gloss and it was fab!

Man oh man...can't wait to get my LM Discretion from Sephora...ordered it during the F&F 20%. It was my second order...I couldn't use the code just once now, could I? Laughing

ETA: Hey just thought of something. When we all get our nude lipcolors, we should apply and take pictures of all of us giving our best Jolie pout...Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
pumpingmummy wrote:

Just remember...she's not necessarily wearing Guerlain 480 in this picture...it's obviously an ad for her movie Tomb Raider...the seller might just have chosen one of the many images of her in nude lipstick from the web. ...

Yup I should've known that shouldn't I...I so want to think it's Guerlain 480 that she's wearing... Laughing

Quote:

ETA: Hey just thought of something. When we all get our nude lipcolors, we should apply and take pictures of all of us giving our best Jolie pout...Laughing

That's a fun idea!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Clinique's Sheer Natural (#16). And I got it on Ebay, which makes it even better! Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my Laura Mercier Discretion and I put it on right away.

I really love this. It's not a "pale" nude, if that makes sense...it looks very dark in the tube, but goes on wonderfully. It's more beigy/peachy on me, but it will be different on others. It's matte, but creamy, so it doesn't look dried out (I think that is why I normally avoid matte lipsticks...many times if I do lipstick at all I do the "almost lipstick" or sheer versions in various lines).

It's the YLBB nude that I've wanted for a long time. It will look great with smokey eyes, or even just every day. I don't normally wear lipstick every single day, I'm usually a gloss girl. But I'm going to start! I also have a great gloss to go over this when I want some extra shimmer.

It doesn't wash me out...I'm somewhat pale, but this warms me up quite nicely.

Highly recommended!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, I know this might sound funny, but does the LM Discretion have an odor, fragrance or bad taste to it? I so want to try this color but smell or taste could ruin it for me.

Also, from where did you order? I'm assuming that was the best deal at the time.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
No not a silly question!
To me it smells like lipstick...not overly strong or anything...but I can't smell it once it's on. Taste is like lipstick too, but not bad. Not strong. I've definitely worn much much worse tasting stuff (many lip glosses come to mind, one's that I thought would taste like frosting...but alas...it was not so).

I bought it from Sephora during FF2006.
But I do have a code for a really killer sample set which would make it worth ordering from there, even if it's full price!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, post a picture!!!

BTW, what's YLBB? I've seen MLBB as well, have absolutely no idea what they stand for.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I thought YLBB is "your lips but better", but I might be wrong! Question
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I thought YLBB is "your lips but better", but I might be wrong! Question

so MLBB is "my lips but better"? Hmm makes sense. Thanks!
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know if you can find Lise Watier where you live but here, in Quebec, its a really popular brand. I love her rouge gourmand lipstick in Biscotti. Its a light, sheer pinky beige. And its smell like a bit like apple candy....yummy !
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
was just wondering what marci ended up getting.

Paris, show us your pout!!! Very Happy M seriously contemplating getting LM Discretion. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Haha...I will at some point...I promise. I wanna make sure I'm all nice and purdy, well as purdy as can get.

I love it, BTW...wear it every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
teeth have to be white enough Laughing
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
was just wondering what marci ended up getting.

Paris, show us your pout!!! Very Happy M seriously contemplating getting LM Discretion. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
Awww, pumpingmummy! You are so sweet to wonder about me! Angel I haven't bought it yet, but I think I will go for the LM Discretion. I am trying to avoid stores until January, with the holiday rush, so I will either hit a Sephora if I must go to the mall, or I will order it online. I just don't want to have to pay shipping for one lipstick. Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |