Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Ah, hell, wait! Before you guys get all excited... it was the camera. I couldn't for the life of me, figure out why my lips look so good. My SO says I had the camera on wide (I guess it's similar to the macro/micro settings they were talking about earlier in the thread), so it shows more detail?! I'm not all too sure, but really... I love L2K like it was my 2nd born (eh?)... but I didn't get dramatic results like this. Defined lips and color is what I have. So, in conclusion, it's either the camera or I drank an extra glass of water... or something. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, I was messing around with the camera today. It can't possible be the w/t button, because, well, I'm a small girl. My arms are quite short. I can't replicate the pic I got a month ago. This baffles me. To me, my lips seem the same, but well, more defined and a tad bit of rosiness. I am so regretting not taking a month and begining pic. Even I do not believe that one month's result, and those are my lips! I'm going to keep messing with the camera tomorrow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mary - I'm on day 6 (or ... day 5 1/2, because I started the program last Thursday evening) and my lips started to peel 2 days ago. (I'm in SoCA)

So yeah, another Day 3 or Day 4 peeler here. I'm looking forward to tonight's exfoliation!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Which ingredient makes the lips peel?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on day 5 and I peeled on day 2 and 4! But my lips were peeling before I started, just in a sort of different way. Overall they are feeling and looking much healthier and I don't have any buyer's remorse. I've gotten used to not wearing lip gloss, and I actually rather like my more natural look, now that my lips don't look so dry.
I look forward to having lipstick and gloss be something just for special occasions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
When I started with L2K (a bit over 8 weeks ago), I started peeling on day 2. And my lips peeled constantly for good 4-5 weeks Shock. I don't think this is a norm, though. We are all different and our skin responds differently to same ingredients and products. There are people here who took more than 4-5 weeks to start peeling. Apparently, it's all normal.

As for the ingredient that's causing the peeling - I don't think we know. So far, Kandis has refused to share her ingredients publicly. I think Tangal knows more about the L2K ingredients, so perhaps she’ll be able to help with this question.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
How do you know it's safe? Especially for long term use??

rubby wrote:
As for the ingredient that's causing the peeling - I don't think we know. So far, Kandis has refused to share her ingredients publicly. I think Tangal knows more about the L2K ingredients, so perhaps she’ll be able to help with this question.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Jakee,
Perhaps it would be best for you to take your questions to Kandis. You've asked several questions in this thread regarding the ingredient list so why not go to the source? It seems to me that would be the most effective and quickest way to receive your answers.

kimberly
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping my questions might be helpful to others. That's why I posted them. I am all for this product. And glad it works! At the same time I think it's good to have questions. Why not? I thought this forum was all about that. And it may be helpful to others to bring them up. (Especially if it's already known Kandis, for whatever reason, doesn't specify ingredients.) Maybe someone else knows the answers, or has some other insights, and that would help others, too.

BluesHeart wrote:
Jakee,
Perhaps it would be best for you to take your questions to Kandis. You've asked several questions in this thread regarding the ingredient list so why not go to the source? It seems to me that would be the most effective and quickest way to receive your answers.

kimberly
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
I was hoping my questions might be helpful to others. That's why I posted them. I am all for this product. And glad it works! At the same time I think it's good to have questions. Why not? I thought this forum was all about that. And it may be helpful to others to bring them up. (Especially if it's already known Kandis, for whatever reason, doesn't specify ingredients.) Maybe someone else knows the answers, or has some other insights, and that would help others, too.

BluesHeart wrote:
Jakee,

kimberly

it's not that we don't appreciate your activism, but this thread has already had major drama on the ingredients front. I suggest you start around page 10. I just think none of us want to get into it again, since it was sort of brutal the first time around, and EDS is a nice and polite forum.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all who responded about the their pealing. Actually the pealing isn't all that bad and today I'm hardley pealing. My allergies have kicked in so I'm blowing my nose more often and I'm having to reapply product more often. Even so my lips are feeling much more moisturized than before I started. So far so good Smile

Mary
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think la vie en rose said it best:

Quote:
it's really very simple -- if someone has a serious allergy to something, it is their own responsibility to email the vendor to ask if that ingredient is specifically used in the product they are interested in. i, personally, have a problem with shea butter and will never use it on my face again. if an ingredient list is not divulged, i have absolutely no problem sending an email to ask if shea is an ingredient. if it is, then the product is not for me; if it isn't, terrific. like i said, it's really very simple....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
It was not my intention to create drama. Or upset or offend anyone. I was just asking questions.
But I will keep out of it.
It's disappointing to feel "booted" off a thread for asking questions, but I get it, and won't post on this one again.
Oh well.
And I have read the whole thing. I know it got heated/hostile, but I don't think I attacked anyone.
I'm not an activist, just authentically curious and interested. About how others felt. And wanted to bring things up in the name of open discussion.
But, I don't ever want to be in a group that, for whatever reason, doesn't want me around.
So I wish you all well. And appreciate all the feedback on this product. I'm pleased it's working for so many. I think that's great. I have followed the posts with care and interest and delight. It's possible to do that and ask questions. Or I thought it was. I guess I was wrong. I certainly have been wrong about plenty of things.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
It was not my intention to create drama. Or upset or offend anyone. I was just asking questions.
But I will keep out of it.
It's disappointing to feel "booted" off a thread for asking questions, but I get it, and won't post on this one again.
Oh well.
And I have read the whole thing. I know it got heated/hostile, but I don't think I attacked anyone.
I'm not an activist, just authentically curious and interested. About how others felt. And wanted to bring things up in the name of open discussion.
But, I don't ever want to be in a group that, for whatever reason, doesn't want me around.
So I wish you all well. And appreciate all the feedback on this product. I'm pleased it's working for so many. I think that's great. I have followed the posts with care and interest and delight. It's possible to do that and ask questions. Or I thought it was. I guess I was wrong. I certainly have been wrong about plenty of things.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I certainly don't want to make you feel like you shouldn't be here. I just figured you must not have read the portion where the ingredient stuff was discussed (and I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to go through 48 pages). It's not it's not important, or that we can't discuss it, but I think the general consensus was that for some of us, it is unacceptable that the exact ingredients aren't listed and some of us are ok knowing just the general category of ingredients. And it just sort of came down to that. Beyond that, it's difficult to have a discussion because the people who aren't so focused on ingredients feel attacked for using a product that they don't know much about, and the people who like to know all the ingredients felt like Kandis was up to something shady. I think it made a lot of people uncomfortable the first time around, so that's why I think people are reluctant to bring it up again. No offense meant at all, they are totally reasonable questions that you asked. Please feel free to ask or discuss anything about the ingredients or lack of that you feel hasn't been covered yet.

ETA: Please also note that a LOT of that ingredient discussion was deleted afterwards because it was inappropriate, so perhaps in doesn't accurately convey how heated the discussion was at the time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Jakee
you can ask all the questions you want and if we are able to answer them we will. I agree with the others it got very nasty on here at one point and was uncomfortable for those of us that have been in communication with Kandis.

I understand what you are saying about he ingredients & it is your right to know what is in the stuff you put onto your skin/lips etc. I normally like to know what is in a product I am using. However in this instant I am using L2L because
I tried it and my lips have never felt better.
Kandis is honest & helpful.
Sometimes you have to base things on trust & instinct & I believe in Kandis implicitly. If this system had not worked for me in anyway I would not have repurchased 3 times. I have tried all sorts of other lip stuff & it lies around my house half used up.

If I emailed Kandis and asked her for a list of ingredients I have no doubt she would give it to me. In this instance I don't feel that inclined to bother because the stuff works & it does not irritate me.

I can understand Kandis reluctance to post the ingredient list. There are a lot of people out there that steal other peoples ideas & sell them as their own.

As you read replies to your questions as people getting annoyed or whatever with you and you got all defensive you have to understand that everbody has different interpretations of things and your questions do come across as if you are just trying to find fault with the product. Now this probably wasn't your intention but you have to try to see things from other peoples points of view, as we have to try to see your motive in asking the questions you asked.

It is kind of you to ask questions that you think might help us but I for one can email Kandis if I have a question or problem & I know she will go out of her way to answer me.

Please do not be offended by my response that is not my intention.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I think all it would take is letter to the FTC if you really needed that information. I have stopped using the system due to extreme peeling and not knowing what the ingredients were. Personally, I found it much easier to just stop using it. I'm now using Professional Solutions Lip Plumper w/jojoba oil and exfoliating and they have healed up nicely. I also, have'nt lost the definition I had acquired from stopping the usage of the drying lipsticks and chapstick.
Pat,
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I very much appreciate this open exchange of thoughts/ideas. My thanks to everyone.
Eager/interested to keep reading. And hopeful/happy that all threads are open to questions/concerns.
And I respect the enthusiasm for this product.
FTC?!
This has actually made me curious about what the labeling regulations are.
Maybe I'll ask about that ON ANOTHER THREAD!! Smile
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the system since mid January and my lips feel much more 'spongy' there's more push to them, it's hard to explain, the look is not an extreme change but the colour definition and feel have improved.

Kandis has gone above and beyond for me in more ways than just this product and I have no problem trusting her system, but what's weird is I had NO peeling at all.. Confused it's incredible how different we all are eh?? Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
I have stopped using the system due to extreme peeling and not knowing what the ingredients were.

I feel with respect to the comments about ingredients, we pretty much have all of the ingredients. The exception might be the inactives or preservatives in the products. However, this does not mean some of us will not have an adverse reaction to the product. It may be the percentage of a certain ingredient and not the ingredient itself. I am sure many of us have experienced bad reactions to other products in the past, also not knowing exactly what substance in the product was causing the reaction. Personally, I figured out at one point that I was allergic to soy. This was all due to a process of elimination on my part to figure out exactly what was causing my allergic reaction. All I'm saying is we are all different and our bodies will react and respond differently to different substances. That is not to say that SOY or another ingredient is bad. Sorry to hear Patrod that you had to quit the system since I recall you recently saying your lips were in fact appearing more plump in your rear view mirror. Perhaps staying off the waxy lipsticks and chapstick will help you maintain what you've gained while on the system. Best wishes to all!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Received my kit in the mail today ... just took my baseline pic and am getting ready to do my 1st nighttime ritual ... can't wait for my lips to "detox" from Bonne Bell lipsmacker * spam alert *! (I should probably throw all those old lipsmackers away now, but even though I think this system will work for me, I can't face tossing them out yet -- too painful!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I have to say that I've probably been using the system the longest and my lips never peeled during the rejuvenation process! But, I'm still ecstatic about the results and I've even gotten a little less strict about the regimen (prostrating self before Kandis) and the results have absolutely maintained themselves. Lips still look healthy, rosy and full. Some nights I do everything like I'm supposed to..and sometimes I don't.

Full disclosure: my lips were never dry...I tried this system because I liked the idea of keeping the lip tissues moist and healthy; thereby looking fuller and plumper. It may or may not work for everyone, but I've certainly never gotten service from a company owner like I've received from Kandis. One of my colleagues told me the "apple pie" theory; if you bite into the first bit of pie and it's rotten, then probably the rest of the pie is rotten. But, if your first contact with a company is good, the receptionist is gracious, your phone calls are returned (you get the picture) then chances are you're getting a good product as well.

That being said, I hate most Kiehls products, I hated Tracie Martyn's firming serum, I hated all Benefit cosmetics..all heavily touted products with posted ingredients. But, this system I love!! My lips felt good from the first application. Please (at least) try it before you post negative comments. Then, if your experience is less than positive, feel free to post!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have to say that I've probably been using the system the longest and my lips never peeled during the rejuvenation process! But, I'm still ecstatic about the results and I've even gotten a little less strict about the regimen (prostrating self before Kandis) and the results have absolutely maintained themselves. Lips still look healthy, rosy and full.

Hi Hollywood;

I'm so glad you dropped by. I was curious about your progress, as you were the one who actually got us all hooked to this stuff Wink. It’s good to hear that you are still happy with the results.
Hollywood, are you using L2K lip colour system or are you now back to your pre-L2K lipsticks?

Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Even though I was sensitive to the ingredients in the L2K, I did find somewhat of a miracle with the Face to Flaunt. I went to my dermatologist yesterday to zap some caps and you know how those dermatologist are with those diagrams they like to draw. Well, he didn't know what to say about where my upper chest sunspots went. It was amusing, to say the least. He just kept looking at his diagram and my upper chest. I think he thought he had the wrong chart. He didn't say anything and either did I. I finally couldn't stand it any more and blurted out about how they were disappearing because I'm using a new matryxl 3000 product and a super sunscreen. Being an older conservative type, he gave all the credit to the sunscreen, but I know better.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone from Canada has ordered the system? I have been waiting for two weeks now for my system and am wondering how long it has taken for someone else to get theirs. I believe it is stuck in customs. Confused Kandis has been very nice, emailing me asking if I have received it yet. I'm just thinking that if it takes much longer, I should be putting in my next order so that it is here by the time I get my first products and they run out.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to read 48 pages. I'm sure my question is answered somewhere in there, but.......

Is the l2k system good for someone with chronically chapped lips? I've tried everything, and they just come back immediately. TIA
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Yogi

I have suffered with dry, cracked lips for years & this system is the only thing that has helped me. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |