Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I've done it - ordered a Nuface device. Someone slap me!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
LOL! I decided to order one since the Dermal Tone is no longer in business. Figured I could return the Nuface, if it's not as advertised (bought from our lovely EDS but darn, I wish shipping was faster or we had options).

I know there are not a lot of users of the Nuface because it's so expensive; did get my forum discount but ALWAYS forget my free gift. Ugh. Basically, I decided to get it to work in conjunction w/my Facial Magic exercises - for those days when I am too lazy to do more than my Baby Q (love it). That would put my pricey beauty gadget count to 4 - Baby Q (you know I LOVE this), OxyLight (great for zapping breakouts, giving a nice glow and kick starting products. I use it at night occasionally after my emu oil step or when I have a particularly annoying spot), Clarisonic brush, and now the Nuface!

Anyway, I will report back after I start using my Christmas present to ME!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Ok slappin you, now we do want a full report (which you are extremely good at btw), once you use this....awaits reports!!!!!!!!!!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
No-one's going to slap you as long as you keep the progess photos coming Wink But, how the hell we're going to know whether it was down to the Nuderm or the other 1,000 products and devices you're now using I just don't know Confused What's left to work on anyway?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention, even though it is not related to Nuface, that one of the contra indication for high frequency devices is broken capillaries (and also facial hair - if it a concern for anyone). I have a professional high frequency machine at home and stopped using it beacuse I also have some tiny blood veesels around the nose, even though it was great for an occasional pimple.

BTW, Scalawaggirl, congratualtions on your marriage and best of luck and happiness to both of you!

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
No-one's going to slap you as long as you keep the progess photos coming Wink But, how the hell we're going to know whether it was down to the Nuderm or the other 1,000 products and devices you're now using I just don't know Confused What's left to work on anyway?

Oh! Keep hope alive (one of my fave Crystal Method songs), Molly! I will be able to show the differences in before/after because this is more for muscle toning than restructuring of skin texture/tone. I will be sure to take specific photos for comparisons both smiling and not. I started Facial Magic yesterday and noticed that the area under my eyes and cheeks were already more tight and didn't "push" up as much when I smile. Consequently, I have high hopes for both but can already tell that I will not have much patience for the facial exercises. I know I can do the Nuface because it's both easy and the routine is quick, however.

The only things I am working on actively are:

-Scar treatment (this is going VERY well, I think)
-Texture resurfacing (AHA/BHA/Retinoid/CPs are working)
-Soften and firm up neck lines (Ice Elements Edelweiss is what I'm using along w/CPs and I will also look for the Nuface to help with this)
- firming and toning of face/neck (this is why I bought the Nuface)

Make sense? I think the Baby Q is a great tool for rebuilding collagen, refining the skin's tone (great progress here), addressing broken caps (takes diligent work, though) and giving a nice, healthy glow. My OxyLight is good to enhance product absorption, zap zits and also gives a nice glow.

At some point, I will go through my routine and note the benefits that each product I use provides. That would be helpful, I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I just wanted to mention, even though it is not related to Nuface, that one of the contra indication for high frequency devices is broken capillaries (and also facial hair - if it a concern for anyone). I have a professional high frequency machine at home and stopped using it beacuse I also have some tiny blood veesels around the nose, even though it was great for an occasional pimple.

BTW, Scalawaggirl, congratualtions on your marriage and best of luck and happiness to both of you!

Good reminder, Lucy! Thanks so much for the well wishes, too. Smile

The instructions for the Nuface specifically recommend avoiding the following areas:

Middle of the neck (keeps clear of the thyroid)
In the area inside the nasolabial folds
Inside the eye area (avoids the entire space)

Basically, they keep clear of any circular muscles and focus on the underlying, main muscles of the face and neck. So, it should not cause any issues w/either broken caps or facial hair (hopefully). However, I only have broken caps right around my nose so shouldn't an issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
okay. you now officially have the bathroom i want to live in! if you weren't already married (congrats by the way!), i'd propose. wait what am i saying, he's a honey -- would you consider adopting me? perhaps bringing me in as the stray family dog???

or perhaps you should slap me now rather than the other way around Shock

woof
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Molly! I will be able to show the differences in before/after because this is more for muscle toning than restructuring of skin texture/tone.

Good! I don't need to get this one because I've been doing face exercises for years Laughing (except when I'm lazy Sad and then I get the 'droopies')
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
okay. you now officially have the bathroom i want to live in! if you weren't already married (congrats by the way!), i'd propose. wait what am i saying, he's a honey -- would you consider adopting me? perhaps bringing me in as the stray family dog???

or perhaps you should slap me now rather than the other way around Shock

woof

La Vie du Chien, tu m'as fait ri, tellement! Oui, je suis mariée maintenant mais çe n'est pas du tout grave car nous n'habitons pas ensemble! Toi et moi, nous pouvons partager nos appartements avec l'une et l'autre car j'habite toute seule (je ne sais ton situation, mais non, j'ai juste deux chats supers - les petites supermodèles mais tous coverts des poils).

Meeooowww Image

P.S. Je suppose que tu parles français; dis-moi si non!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yo quiero Taco Bell Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Slapping myself (but I couldn't resist...) Reports, lady!!! We want REPORTS !!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
merde!!! that's what i get for falling in love with a scot! zillions of frenchmen and i could be as fluent as you. but no, i get shyte and the like! fried mars bars and haggis.... still, my comprehension is quite a bit better than my actual speech. what can i say??? j'aime des chatons beaucoup!

meow
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Slapping myself (but I couldn't resist...) Reports, lady!!! We want REPORTS !!!

Image I will report ASAP so keep your fingers crossed for the EDS delivery!

Quote:
La Vie du Chien, tu m'as fait ri, tellement! Oui, je suis mariée maintenant mais çe n'est pas du tout grave car nous n'habitons pas ensemble! Toi et moi, nous pouvons partager nos appartements avec l'une et l'autre car j'habite toute seule (je ne sais ton situation, mais non, j'ai juste deux chats supers - les petites supermodèles mais tous coverts des poils).
I will translate, ahahahh, yee lover of the Scot!

Life of the dog (figured you needed an appropriate name due to woofing), you made me laugh a lot. Yes, I'm married now but it's not a bad thing because we don't live together! We can share our apartments with one another because I live all alone (I don't know your situation, of course, I have just 2 super cats - little supermodels covered in fur).

Besides, I think it's so cool you're living in Paris though I will not try to speak French to you anymore. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Can la vie en rose and I show up at ur house for say ohhh 2 weeks or so of playing with ur products? You know just incase there dangerous, we could make sure ur safe using these!!

Melissa
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Besides, I think it's so cool you're living in Paris though I will not try to speak French to you anymore. Smile

no, i love it!!! vous pouvez me parler en français encore, svp! i understand it perfectly (well, almost) -- especially if it's spoken by an american or a canadian. it's the speech thing that gets me intimidated.... and the writing i've forsaken for the moment because it just confuses the speech (i.e., "je ne sais pas" becoming "snaypa"). i have become *so* french in so many little intangible ways but the language/accent is just sooooooooooo daunting in paris!

you better watch out for your kitties, though. i think there are a hell of a lot of other doggy-wannabes on board Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Can la vie en rose and I show up at ur house for say ohhh 2 weeks or so of playing with ur products? You know just incase there dangerous, we could make sure ur safe using these!!

bad idea! we'd never stop cracking each other up -- unless scalawaggirl brought out her whip!

ETA: you *do* have one of those too, don't you???
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

bad idea! we'd never stop cracking each other up -- unless scalawaggirl brought out her whip!

OMG, between ur posts, I cry from laughing so hard, I am still not over the eyelash dye and braveheart image.....which I tried to steal but got to feeling all guilty and had to give you credit.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

I think we'd all be rolling around holding onto to our tummies from laughing and the general broo-ha-ha that we'd be engaging in! As for the whip, no, I do not have one of those...I would only consider one for the sake of fashion as I lean much more toward the M side. I'm not going to explain that so don't ask. If you get it, good. If not, then you may not be as warped as me and we shall leave this post safe for the children.

Quote:

Sure, just give me a ring and we will have a wacked out girls party of skin care and giggly stupidity. My two favorite things!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I would only consider one for the sake of fashion as I lean much more toward the M side.

ooooooooooooooooooh!!! this is just too good! i am so S rofl
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
I would only consider one for the sake of fashion as I lean much more toward the M side.

ooooooooooooooooooh!!! this is just too good! i am so S rofl

Je t'embrasse mon étrange ami! Je ne vais pas vousvoyer car nous sommes tous amis ici, d'acc?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Je t'embrasse mon étrange ami! Je ne vais pas vousvoyer car nous sommes tous amis ici, d'acc?

d'accord. et je t'embrasse.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, I laughed out loud at the title of your post! Laughing I, too, would love to hear your reports on this device...

Also, just curious...what are "Facial Magic" exercises? Is there a book or DVD that demonstrates them?

Mary Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Scalawaggirl, I laughed out loud at the title of your post! Laughing I, too, would love to hear your reports on this device...

Also, just curious...what are "Facial Magic" exercises? Is there a book or DVD that demonstrates them?

Mary Smile

Yep! Check out http://www.cynthiarowland.com/ for details on the product. It does include a book, DVD and various other creams and so forth but I bought the minimal skin care product one and tossed in an extra Luscious Lips device so I have a backup! So far, I'm impressed and may do a few exercises to keep the ball rolling. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

Mary Smile

Yep! Check out http://www.cynthiarowland.com/ for details on the product. It does include a book, DVD and various other creams and so forth but I bought the minimal skin care product one and tossed in an extra Luscious Lips device so I have a backup! So far, I'm impressed and may do a few exercises to keep the ball rolling. Smile

Cool! Thanks so much...I will definitely check it out! I have a DermalTone, but hey...as we all know, you can never have too many things in your arsenal to stay eternally youthful!

**Smack!** <--- Sound of me slapping myself after I buy this...Laughing

Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
What is oxylight - you did it to zaps blemishes. That interests me. i dont have many but I hate having pimples.
Congrats on purchase of nuface.
Hey where di you buy oxylight????
I heard and read all the great raves about baby q but was scared to try it since i am only 24.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |