Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
8 weeks half face test with Super Serum and Cellular Skin Rx
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I used Cellular Skin Rx C+Firming Serum on the left side of my face and IS Super Serum on the right side of my face.

I like the texture of the Super Serum more than the RX. It seems thicker than the SS but somehow when dispensing the RX using the dropper, the liquid seems to drip continuously – making a mess – it will run when you are not even squeezing the dropper. The RX is also shinier.

RX is 12.5% and SS is 15%. The SS is nearly 3 times the cost of the RX. I am a bit sensitive to both vitamin C as red bumps appeared during my 3 week of using them. Surprisingly, RX gave me more red bumps than the SS although the concentration is less. These bumps would come and go – may be this is hormonal, I am not sure.

During the last week or so, my skin became quite sensitive to both vit C so I tried to dilute both products with HA. When I applied HA to RX, the HA balled up whereas I did not have this problem with the SS.

I applied both vit C to my whole face, neck and under eye areas as well.

I find that my skin appears clearer – glow? However, I did not notice a marked difference between the 2 sides of my face. I did seem to get more red bumps on my left side. I think my sun spots appear to be lighter – but this might be due to Candy’s skin lightening serum as I applied her serum when I was 5˝ weeks into the experiment. (Before, I used Prevage on the right side of my side for 5 weeks; but there was no noticeable difference to my left side.)

I would probably not get the RX when I finish it as I do not like the texture. I would probably try Candy’s 10% Vit C, E & Ferulic Acid serum when I finish the SS; hopefully I will not get red bumps from this as it is less concentrated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou for a really good review! and good luck in your future quest! Haven't tried any of the products you've used, or Candy's Vit-C - but I do have the "eye'll be seeing you". I've only used it a few days, but my immediate thought this morning when I felt my under eye skin was "mmmm, soft and smooth Very Happy ". So if you're on the look out for a new hydrateing and light textured easy sink in eye product, I recomend you try this.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ruth. I'll already ordered the Eye'll be Seeing You. Just waiting for Candy to ship it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ninetynine! You are in Australia right? Can you explain Candy's shipping to me. I am a bit confused about the whole international shipping thing. Is that $9 for shipping, or $9 in addition to shipping she would charge to US addresses?

TIA
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Cuppre

It's $9 on top of her US shipping charges.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ninetynine! I kinda guess the first option was too good to be true. What products have you tried? Are they all good?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I really love IS Clinical SS,my skin looks pretty good(but I use TNS recovery complex too so maybe its that too...) It is expensive so I buy it on ebay-ten trial bottles equal 1 large bottle, its only $35 and lasts me over a month,thats the only way I can afford it since I use so many products.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Great experiment Ninetynine! I had been looking forward to seeing your results. It's too bad that you got bumps from the C serums. Do you have any thoughts as to why the RX one caused more bumps?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Loved your review. I was considering SkincareRx also but went against it after I got their scrub. I was really disappointed on the quality and effectiveness.

It just shows again that some expensive skincare lines are worth paying for and less application is more in the long run.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Great experiment Ninetynine! I had been looking forward to seeing your results. It's too bad that you got bumps from the C serums. Do you have any thoughts as to why the RX one caused more bumps?

I'm not sure Theresa. It may be that the RX is probably slightly thicker than the SS. I used Cellex-C before (it was probably the high potency serum) and did not break out. I think it was 10% so I am thinking about using Candy's 10% after I finish my current stock of Vit C.

I have used a combination of new products in the last 10-11 weeks so I am not sure which one product was responsible for the reduction of my pores but I can see they are definitely smaller and I have less blackheads. I think my skin has a bit of a glow (may be I am hallucinating).

I have used:

Prevage (5 weeks)
    Super Serum
    Active Serum (sample - 3 weeks)
    Hydracool (sample - 3 weeks)
    Mandelic Acid 10%, emu & HA (since 19 Oct)
    PSF Pumpkin Peel
    4% DMAE

I know that I should have waited a bit longer in between using new products to single out which product is really working for you but I'm an impatient gal:!: When it's there, I want to try it.

I am also using a sample of the epidermxII and chrysalx and am liking them. I am considering getting the pack (ie foam cleanser, epidermxII, chrysalx and nutradermx) from greatnewskin instead of the IS as it's a lot cheaper.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |