Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Gifts you don't like...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: What do you do ?

re-gift
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
return to store, if possible
69%
 69%  [ 16 ]
eBay
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I do them all, depending on who gave me the item, and how much time I want to spend thinking about what to do with the item I don't want/need.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't sell on ebay...but I'll try to return them (thank goodness for Gift Receipts!)

If not...it usually sits in my closet for a year before I finally donate it...the guilt lasts me a while, so that's why it sits in my closet. I always feel guilty if I don't like something someone gets me.

Luckily I live in AZ with the rest of the family living in MI and IN...so they never see me anyway to know if I wear it or not Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
because i don't where to return the gift,i think i would make it recirculate on ebay.
Smile
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
i usually donate it, but if it's something that's obviously been regifted a dozen times (i.e. old/expired crappy/poor chocolate that nobody wants), i just toss it in the garbage when i get home.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a shameless re-gifter Very Happy I just have to make sure I don't re-gift to the person who gave it to me originally Bad Grin
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I actually try my best to enjoy the gifts I receive except for some that I just won't be able to use, then if they are suitable I would most likely re-gift. But if it's clothing or something like that, even if I don't particularly like it I will still keep it and wear it once in a while just because gifts are always they thought that counts so I feel bad returning or selling them. So for me it's either re-gift or donate!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
While I always save my gift receipts to ensure my present receiver can refund, I have never refunded a gift myself. Generally just shove it in the closet if I really can't use it or regift, though not back to the present giver Laughing
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I would donate them. I donated two huge bags of beauty products last year. It's hard to please me with beauty products. I'm very picky. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I would donate them. I donated two huge bags of beauty products last year.
So glad that you mentioned doing this. I have many new or nearly new products that I can't seem to get rid of through other boards, so I am going to donate mine, too!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would try & find out whether someone in my family i.e. my mother would like/want/use the gift instead. Otherwise I just keep it, after all it's the thought that counts & I wouldn't feel right if I "re-sold" it or even gave it to someone else as a present
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
If it was possible and I was sure it wouldn't insult the person, in the past I'd try to exchange it. But these last few years, I just HATE going to the shopping mall, especially to return things. Nowadays I either give it to one of my friends who might like it (but I never "re-gift," I always say "So and so gave me "X" as a present for (whatever holiday) and I really can't use it - do you want it?") or I donate it. I usually have a big box or bag of stuff to donate to charity that I fill up 2 or 3 times a year, and all my friends know they are free to plow through it and take what they want before I call Salvation Army!

Before I moved up here to LA from Orange County a couple years ago, I gave almost 1/2 of everything I owned because I was moving from a 1,235 square foot, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment I was living in by myself, to a 1,000 square foot 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment I was sharing with a roommate, and there simply was no room to put anything. It ended up being about an $8,000 - $10,000 line item on my tax returns!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
well, the whole exchange thing just does not happen here, and so in the best of Japanese traditions.. I regift. I have been given some VERY odd stuff over the years here, so if I dont like/want it, I either use as presents for other people here or else see if my mom wants it for herself or to use as gifts for some of her friends.

I dunno, if it was something good enough (popular enough) I might do Ebay and then use the money to buy something I did want! (oh, I did do that once.. someone gave me $300 in coupons for Armani Exchange but since I was not headed to the US, I E-shmayed them and made $150 or so!.. but I guess that technically was not a "gift" as such.. Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
My first choice is almost always to return the gifts that don't work for me; I usually try to buy something in the same vein I guess to honor the giver's intent. For example, if someone buys me a book I already have, I'll exchange it for a title I haven't read.

Failing that, I mostly give things to charity. As much as I'd like to re-gift, it usually turns out that no one on my gift-giving list would really appreciate the things I don't want! Smile
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I will choose to re-gift,maybe other friend will like it ,also can save much more money for gift.
SoniaK1
5% products discount

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
If I can't return it I'll just give it to whoever wants it. Gosh, that sounds terrible. Though in my defense I rarely do this, and if I do it's usually from some distant far off friend of a relative. I nearly always keep anything given to me by someone I care about if I know they put a lot of thought into it. I end up feeling way too guilty otherwise! But you can be sure that if they don't care it's going straight back to the store! Wink

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |