Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am sooooooo jealous you all have your NuFace already. I ordered mine from EDS about 3 weeks ago, they were out of it, then got it in- shipped on 12/8. I just got an email that it should be here next week!! ARGH!!! Patience is not on of my virtues! Sad Oh well, on the plus side, I'm also doing the quasar SP upgrade, and that should be here by tomorrow. EDS might want to think about using a faster method of shipping. I only ordered the SP yesterday). Most winters I obssess about what I'm going to do in my garden the following spring- this winter it's ALL ABOUT THE FACE! Bad Grin Bad Grin
Robin
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
I can't believe this thing works!! The second time I used it I jumped in the shower to wash off the gel and my cheeks felt different. It kind of scared me. Surprised I looked in the mirror and couldn't see much difference but I kept feeling the side of my cheeks and they felt tighter. This morning I woke up and I could see a difference. I can see this is going to eleviate the bags I was beginning to get under my eyes also. So I am relieved I didn't just throw $450.00 away Very Happy I can't wait to see accumulative results.

I'm so jealous of everyone that got one so far, mine has been ordered for 2 weeks, and the credit card charge has already hit, but I don't know how it is being shipped. Also I got a $12 extra international something charge from the CC company, does everyone in the US get that?

How does EDS ship to US? Is the postal service or UPS/ FED EX?

Maybe it will get here today Surprised
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp: Most credit card companies in the US charge 3% transaction fee for international charge.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
lorimp- I feel your pain. I ordered my NuFace through EDS on 11/26. It came in stock on 12/8 and was shipped that day. I got the tracking # through customer service at EDS ( they use USPS, but when it's still in Canada you need to check Canada Post). Mine arrived in Vancouver on 12/9, and as far as their website shows, it hasn't moved. I just sent Canada post an email enquiry- I just don't undertand why it's taking this long- even with the Holidays, it should have moved 'somewhere' in 10 days. If I had known the shipping was going to be this slow, I would have ordered my NuFace elsewhere. Save 5% as a member, lose 3% international...wait over 3 weeks--so far!! Not a good experience. I hope your NuFace arrives soon, I hope mine does too!! Rolling Eyes
Robin
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scalawaggirl -

Thanks for the PM by the way.

Your Nu Face pics are impressive. I had a series of electrical stim treatments and then want on once a twice a month maintenance for a while and used a hand held machine between sessions. It was a pain in the B*** though because it took so long. This one sounds great. Now that it has been a little longer using it, do you see more chanages to area around eyes? It did appear in the comparisons that the outer upper cheek hollowing under the outer eye was filled in more. I think you said you thought that was due to the cheek lifting. So has this continued? Would you say it is kind of what a mid face lift is trying to accomplish or kind of giving the look that filler in that outer tear trough area whould do? I have problems here and also to the side of my eyes.

I have been trying to figure out how I can get a lift to that area without a brow lift. Don't know if it was just the second picture but it does appear that your whole outer eye area is lifted up. Is that possible? Did you bring it up that high? If not it could be illusion or it could be the cheeks pushing up as you said. You do look amazing and very young.
TIA
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Hi Scalawaggirl -

Thanks for the PM by the way.

Your Nu Face pics are impressive. I had a series of electrical stim treatments and then want on once a twice a month maintenance for a while and used a hand held machine between sessions. It was a pain in the B*** though because it took so long. This one sounds great. Now that it has been a little longer using it, do you see more chanages to area around eyes? It did appear in the comparisons that the outer upper cheek hollowing under the outer eye was filled in more. I think you said you thought that was due to the cheek lifting. So has this continued? Would you say it is kind of what a mid face lift is trying to accomplish or kind of giving the look that filler in that outer tear trough area whould do? I have problems here and also to the side of my eyes.

I have been trying to figure out how I can get a lift to that area without a brow lift. Don't know if it was just the second picture but it does appear that your whole outer eye area is lifted up. Is that possible? Did you bring it up that high? If not it could be illusion or it could be the cheeks pushing up as you said. You do look amazing and very young.
TIA

You are very welcome. Smile I am still a huge fan of my Nuface and it continues to deliver results - though sleeping on my side doesn't help, ya know??? I do feel it is somewhat of a mid-face and forehead lift, which in turn, works on how my eyes look. I use it following directions and always move in an upward motion.

I hope that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, one more - I know this is hard becuase your results are from the whole combination but which expensive machine do you think you have gotten the most improvement from BQ or this and in what ways? Also do you think they some of the same things or really very different? I was about to get the BQ and had a nice long, long conversation with him but the amount of time you need to spend scared me off.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Ok, one more - I know this is hard becuase your results are from the whole combination but which expensive machine do you think you have gotten the most improvement from BQ or this and in what ways? Also do you think they some of the same things or really very different? I was about to get the BQ and had a nice long, long conversation with him but the amount of time you need to spend scared me off.

I'd say the BQ - in fact, I loved it so much, I upgraded to the SP model, which I now ADORE. It reduces redness, evens out skin tone, helps w/collagen rebuilding, plumps the skin, and so on. The Nuface is mainly for lifting/tightening but it does a little of the same things as the BQ (not enough to notice for me, though).

Don't fret about the time, you'll get used to it and be doing it in front of the TV no problem. It flies like that so much you'll hardly notice and your results will keep you hooked!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi scalawaggirl,

If only need lifting/tightening then should I go with Nuface instead of BQ, or the BQ is also good with lifting/tightening as well?

Thanks.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
loveskincare wrote:
Hi scalawaggirl,

If only need lifting/tightening then should I go with Nuface instead of BQ, or the BQ is also good with lifting/tightening as well?

Thanks.

Well, it's kind of tough to split hairs, I think because I believe the BQ helps with tightening, as well. It just isn't as quick a result but it gives other benefits so I guess it just depends on your ultimate desires. I wanted help with everything so am happy with both products and would repurchase, if that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Scallawaggirl

Wow....... theres really not alot to say except you look so beautiful and so very very young. You only look mid 20s.

Can you tell me, would the nuface help tighten the under eye area. My under eye is very saggy and creppp. I do have the BQ which I have just started using every 3-4 days now. Ive used it about 1/2 dozen times. My main concerns are:-

the horrid "11" frown lines I have.
Under eye sagginess
under eye creppiness
crows feet
Nasibal lines and a bit of sagginess in that area

Would the nuface help me with these issuses

Many thanks

Sally
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi Scallawaggirl

Wow....... theres really not alot to say except you look so beautiful and so very very young. You only look mid 20s.

Thanks, Salster. Smile That's nice of you to say but just know that I've been working on my skin since August!

Can you tell me, would the nuface help tighten the under eye area. My under eye is very saggy and creppp. I do have the BQ which I have just started using every 3-4 days now. Ive used it about 1/2 dozen times. My main concerns are:-

You can't use the Nuface within the circular eye area, front of neck or inside the nasolabial lines. However, here's where I think it will help:

the horrid "11" frown lines I have. - YES
Under eye sagginess
under eye creppiness
crows feet - YES, SOMEWHAT
Nasibal lines and a bit of sagginess in that area - YES

For the under-eye area, the Nuface won't help too much except with lifting the surrounding areas. I have noticed some lifting but my under-eye area is not much of a concern for me. I would suggest DMAE for tightening (won't lift), though. I hear good things aboutwww.candessence.com 6% DMAE.

Would the nuface help me with these issuses

Many thanks

Sally
x

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scalawaggirl

I am actually using 4% DMAE at the moment. I started this some weeks ago.

When I found information on the nuface on the internet it said that it reduces dark cirles and under eye puffiness.

At the moment I am using
vit c am
dmae serum 4% am
HA serum am

janson beckett dmae cream night pm
renova pm

I know we spoke about CP's but I havent started this yet . You may remeber I had a droopy eye not long ago. Luckily my blood test results showed up as nothing being wrong. Ive now used my BQ about 6 times and do this every 3 - 4 days.

Maybe in a few weeks I should start the CPs. I actually bought one of the trial packs from the site you sent me to.

If only I could look like you scalawaggirl. You really do look so amazing.... gorgeous face, stunning features and outstanding skin and complexion

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Thanks Scalawaggirl

I am actually using 4% DMAE at the moment. I started this some weeks ago.

When I found information on the nuface on the internet it said that it reduces dark cirles and under eye puffiness.

That's strange as they recommend not using it anywhere near the eyes. Can you post a link to what you found, I'm interested.

At the moment I am using
vit c am
dmae serum 4% am
HA serum am

janson beckett dmae cream night pm
renova pm

I know we spoke about CP's but I havent started this yet . You may remeber I had a droopy eye not long ago. Luckily my blood test results showed up as nothing being wrong. Ive now used my BQ about 6 times and do this every 3 - 4 days.

I recall that you are not a water drinker - this is absolutely imperative! I can't stress how much not having a good clean out on a regular basis will show right up on your skin. You will find that much of your dryness can be address by drinking 8 glasses of 8 oz. of water (minimum). Just begin doing it even though you may hate it. You will get over it, I promise. I now drink my bottles at room temperature!

Maybe in a few weeks I should start the CPs. I actually bought one of the trial packs from the site you sent me to.

Remember to take them very slow. I love my CPs and credit them with a lot of my improvements but I don't want you to get more discouraged!

If only I could look like you scalawaggirl. You really do look so amazing.... gorgeous face, stunning features and outstanding skin and complexion

I appreciate your lovely comments but Darling, we all have our "negative" points. I wish my nose was smaller and more delicate, I have acne scars (but they are diminishing!) and my lips are uneven. Do these things bother me? Hardly. I am at the point in my life where I know it's better to love the whole package and be thankful that I can place my hands on the floor when I bend over - that I am still flexible at 40 and plan to relearn how to do the splits again. I bust out and belly dance, if the mood and song strike me. It's all about your approach, you know? Don't ever compare yourself to anyone else, it's not fair and there's nothing you can do about it, really, anyway. Learn to be thankful that you are a stunning woman (I've seen your pics)! Appreciate what you have - you do not have forever to do so and it's a terrible waste to be surrounded by negative thoughts. Repeat to yourself that you are worth everything good - all of the time. Spend your free time with positive, wonderful people. If your friends are not this way, find new ones. It's all about perspective, my dear.

Okay, rant over. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that information too Sally. I'm interested in the NuFace anyway to treat some lower face and jaw slackening mainly, but I have dark circle issues too so would be very interested to see if the NuFace could also be used to help those a bit. Actually it looks as if we have a lot of the same skincare concerns, and I'm loving my BQ so far so hopefully you'll be enjoying some great results from that soon too.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Ah Scalawaggirl

Thank you so much. You and everyone on EDS are always so engcouraging and always telling me to love me for what I am.. i guess my self esteem is still a little low but i do really take in and think about all that you and the other ladies say to me. I know your words will go through my mind many a time tonight. If anything I would give the world to accept myself for what i am and what I look like. I do think all the ladies here on EDS have started to make me feel better about myself.

Since i got this funny droop over my left eye I have actually been drinking more water. Usually boiled water as I cant drink much cold water in the winter. I have been getting alot better at doing this though im not quite up to the proper amount of daily water intake just yet.

Dare i say where I saw the nuface product. I did once before I the lady came on here and had a rant because I posted what she had said to me in an email. I think i had better pm you name - just in case
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Salster. I'll post the link for you. It's very informative and has a lot more info than what's posted here and elsewhere. Jellen's a good company, BTW, I've purchased from them before.

http://www.jellenproducts.com/nuface.htm

As for the under-eye puffiness, it seems that it helps by reducing lymph cells (stimulates them) - I assume it does this in spite of the fact you don't use the device under your eyes but around them.

I love it for everything else it does so perhaps I just don't notice this benefit because it's not a big problem for me. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Hmm...that is interesting - I guess that if the current is stimulating lymph drainage, then it would help decrease puffiness as well as tone the muscles. I can but hope - my dark circles are more the hollow, hereditary kind, but I'm sure they look worse when my eyes are puffy.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:
lorimp- I feel your pain. I ordered my NuFace through EDS on 11/26. It came in stock on 12/8 and was shipped that day. I got the tracking # through customer service at EDS ( they use USPS, but when it's still in Canada you need to check Canada Post). Mine arrived in Vancouver on 12/9, and as far as their website shows, it hasn't moved. I just sent Canada post an email enquiry- I just don't undertand why it's taking this long- even with the Holidays, it should have moved 'somewhere' in 10 days. If I had known the shipping was going to be this slow, I would have ordered my NuFace elsewhere. Save 5% as a member, lose 3% international...wait over 3 weeks--so far!! Not a good experience. I hope your NuFace arrives soon, I hope mine does too!! Rolling Eyes
Robin

Yeh!!! It came today (actually yesterday, but I had to go to PO and sign ) I'm kinda scared to use it, I have the Susanne Sommers facemaster, but these probes are so big!!

Even with the 3% I think I will continue to order from EDS if it makes sense though, I got that nice toner as a gift and so many great samples Very Happy

I'll try to take pictures before, but when I do I look soooo awful, I'm embarrassed to post them Sad
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:

I'll try to take pictures before, but when I do I look soooo awful, I'm embarrassed to post them Sad

lorimcp, I have a feeling we all do 'self critical', pretty well, being women and all.. !
we each and every one of us has skin and ageing issues that we feel 'look awful' - and they always look worse in our own eyes, dont they. ( or is that just me hoping... Embarassed)

I think it's very brave to post 'before' pics, and I know everyone here really appreciates it.

I think this is a very supportive group of women who look for one anothers good points, knowing that we all have areas of weakness.

I have trouble even wandering about my house alone without some concealer on, lest I pass a mirror and depress myself,so I know about self - critical!
But if I heard another woman being as harsh on me as I am on myself, I'd think she was a terrible bitch! Laughing

I think others are kinder and more realistic about us, than we are about ourselves.
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Yahoo!! My Nuface has arrived, and yes I also was thrilled with the free samples. I'll just have to be more patient in the future with my orders. Now to work on my new face!!
Robin
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
So glad you ladies finally got your Nufaces! Mine took FOREVER to arrive, as well, but I sure am glad it did. Smile It's going to Montréal with me this afternoon along with my Quasar SP and a myriad of other electrical devices!

Have fun and guess what? My orthodontist's assistant told me I had beautiful skin today (Wowza - haven't ever heard that before!!!!!!) and also noticed my lips (had to tell her about Lips2Kiss.com, of course). What a great confirmation that the devices and products we discuss really make a difference! The woman was inches from me so I know it's looking good. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
The woman was inches from me so I know it's looking good. Smile

ah, G'Ma, i'd french kiss you any day Smile Joyeux Noel!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Do all of you gals have BQ also or is there anyone there who decided to start with NuFace first. If so I would love to hear what you are seeing. I don't have money for both and since I am 50 with good skin elasticity/thicker skin for my age I think the Nu Face might be the first direction to go in but I could be wrong. No one else thinks I am as wilted as I think I am but I do know the skin itself gives away age the most. I am particularly interested in the changes people are seeing to the lower face and upper cheek close to eyes. I know when I was having electrical stim on a regular basis the lower face was not improved so much.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Do all of you gals have BQ also or is there anyone there who decided to start with NuFace first. If so I would love to hear what you are seeing. I don't have money for both and since I am 50 with good skin elasticity/thicker skin for my age I think the Nu Face might be the first direction to go in but I could be wrong. No one else thinks I am as wilted as I think I am but I do know the skin itself gives away age the most. I am particularly interested in the changes people are seeing to the lower face and upper cheek close to eyes. I know when I was having electrical stim on a regular basis the lower face was not improved so much.

I don't have a BQ yet so I can report in a few days how just the NuFace is. I've really been spending money lately, so I am settling for just ordering LightStim first, maybe I will graduate to the Quasar SP some day, but I don't know about spending that much Smile

I still haven't gotten up the nerve to shock my face yet though. I'll start saturday Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |