Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sale on Candessence goodies
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Candessence Holiday Quad Special - 20% off all 4!!

You can try all four of these
DMAE
Vitamin C, E, Ferulic Acid
HA Serum
Eye'll be Seeing You

It comes out to $71.20 if you get the 4% DMAE and the 10% VitC/E/ferulic or $79.60 for the more potent 6% DMAE and 20% VitC/E/Ferulic.

Now I'm bummed that I placed my order last week and only go the VitC+E+ferulic acid and HA serum. Maybe I'll need to place a new order before the offer expires on 12/20.

Candessence now also offers sample sizes of the HA serum, DMAE serum, and VitC+E+Ferulic serum for people who want to try and compare.

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
you're not alone -- i placed my order last week as well.... her prices are so good, though, i can't really complain (and we'll get our goodies sooner!). still, wish i had known about the sample sizes for travel....

thanks for letting everybody know!
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
ditto what you said about the sample sizes...especially now with all of the security restrictions at airports. i am looking forward to getting my goodies, trying them, and then ordering more + some new things, some for me and some as gifts. Very Happy

btw, her new website really is pretty.

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Priscilla wrote:
... btw, her new website really is pretty.

Yes, it is. So happy to hear about the samples! I'm going to get some to try out - I really want to start using Vit. C on my face and I need more HA, plus everyone just raves about her products.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered samples of the HA, DMAE and Vit C 20% this is for the am whats the order to apply them?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my order from Candy. I ordered the DMAE and Eye'll be seeing you.

Does anyone know how long the Vit C and DMAE will keep?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine, when did you order? I'm just wondering....and trying to extrapolate to when I might receive my package of Candessence goodies. (Can you tell I'm impatient?! Laughing )
priscilla

Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Priscilla

I ordered a while ago but Candy ran out of ingredients so I had to wait. I think my parcel was mailed from Chicago on 15 November and I received it near the end of last week.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Where do we order this from? I went to her website but couldn't see the offer anywhere. I can finally justify the postage cost! Yay!
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Where do we order this from? I went to her website but couldn't see the offer anywhere. I can finally justify the postage cost! Yay!

it's under the DECEMBER SPECIALS
http://www.candessence.com/Monthly.html

HTH

cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Priscilla! I didn't even know they have a monthly special. Such a ditz Embarassed .
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Thanks Priscilla! I didn't even know they have a monthly special. Such a ditz Embarassed .

you are NOT a ditz. take it back! Smile

i keep checking the site to see when Candy adds her new niacinamide skin brightening serum. she seems to still be actively adding things to the site. i think that the "monthly specials" part was added today or yesterday b/c i didn't see it there over the weekend...and the special doesn't officially start until Tuesday, 28 November. Smile

cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Priscilla wrote:
cuppre wrote:

you are NOT a ditz. take it back! Smile

i keep checking the site to see when Candy adds her new niacinamide skin brightening serum. she seems to still be actively adding things to the site. i think that the "monthly specials" part was added today or yesterday b/c i didn't see it there over the weekend...and the special doesn't officially start until Tuesday, 28 November. Smile

Well...it is the 28th Nov where I am, does that count Laughing

I am glad that she actually added the page recently, maybe I am just a bitsy ditz Wink

How do you know all about this? Has been Candy announcing this somewhere besides the webpage?

Since I have never used Vit C or DMAE before I am planning to get the lower dosage. Is this right?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
just wanting to know the order to apply the samples that i bought see post above: DMAE, Vit C 20% & HA Thanks
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
just wanting to know the order to apply the samples that i bought see post above: DMAE, Vit C 20% & HA Thanks

i believe it's Vit C, DMAE, and then HA.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much I know that you wait between each treatment can't wait to get them it much less $$$ than the other brands I hope it works as well based on the reviews I can't go wrong
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Red Head, i think it's better to use DMAE and vitC in different time of the day because vit C is acidic and DMAE has high pH. Wink
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Ok so Vit C & HA in the AM and DMAE PM?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I'm not sure which one is better am and pm, but I think DMAE am and vitC pm. From what I read, vitc, once absorbed, works 24 hours, so i think it doesn't matter when to use it. DMAE works about 12 hours, and since you want to see the effect in the day time, it's better to use in am. I might be wrong about am and pm, but the main point is to use them in different time of the day. Cool
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the info and the HA am before moisterizer or can you use it as a moisterizer?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
HA can be used as a moisturiser only in a humid environment, otherwise it'd dry out your skin if you use it alone. You have to mix it with some oils or any moisturiser you use, and it'll help to keep your skin hydrated.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
HA can be used as a moisturiser only in a humid environment, otherwise it'd dry out your skin if you use it alone. You have to mix it with some oils or any moisturiser you use, and it'll help to keep your skin hydrated.

jumpingball I have often wondered about whether HA could be used in dry environments. If the air is too dry does it actually absorb the water from deeper layers of the skin instead of from the air? I could see how this could be a problem. Do you have any idea what level the humidity has to be for it to be okay to use HA alone? Also, wouldn't putting an oil over the HA make it unable to absorb water from the air and therefore the HA would asbsorb water from the skin even though there is humidity in the air? Or can the HA absrob water from the air even when oils are used over it? TIA
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:

jumpingball I have often wondered about whether HA could be used in dry environments. If the air is too dry does it actually absorb the water from deeper layers of the skin instead of from the air? I could see how this could be a problem. Do you have any idea what level the humidity has to be for it to be okay to use HA alone?
I think it depends on a skin type. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, and I live in Philadelphia (very high humidity level in summer), but I cannot use HA alone even in summer time because I have tight feeling afterward.

Also, wouldn't putting an oil over the HA make it unable to absorb water from the air and therefore the HA would asbsorb water from the skin even though there is humidity in the air? Or can the HA absrob water from the air even when oils are used over it?
Actually, I had the same questions and never was able to find the answers. The only theory I found was to apply emu/moisturiser and then HA on top to seal in moisture, or mix emu/HA in the palm of the hand and apply together. I tried both approaches and didn't feel the difference when I applied them on a damp skin.

TIA
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in them too, but don't know whether the Vit.C+E+F is effective or not. Sad
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
liangzhiz wrote:
I am interested in them too, but don't know whether the Vit.C+E+F is effective or not. Sad

Lianzhiz, you could always order a sample size. The special offer is good for several weeks, so maybe you'd have time to get the samples, try them a couple of weeks and then order the regular sizes if they work for you.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |