Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sale on Candessence goodies
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Actually, I'm not sure which one is better am and pm, but I think DMAE am and vitC pm. From what I read, vitc, once absorbed, works 24 hours, so i think it doesn't matter when to use it. DMAE works about 12 hours, and since you want to see the effect in the day time, it's better to use in am. I might be wrong about am and pm, but the main point is to use them in different time of the day. Cool

I remember reading a post awhile back about vitamin C and how even though it stays on the skin for 24 hours, reapplication in the morning is recommended because the C is not stable enough to give maximum UV protection for that long.

i would keep the C in the morning and use the DMAE at night actually.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
think it depends on a skin type. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, and I live in Philadelphia (very high humidity level in summer), but I cannot use HA alone even in summer time because I have tight feeling afterward

jumpingball I grew up in PA so I know what you mean about the humidity! Since I now live in the desert and even our rainy season is nowhere near as humid as PA then I don't think that using HA alone would be an option for me!
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to Tangal, I learned that Vit. C develop different functions depending on when/how you apply it. To lessen damage from UV exposure (free radicial damage), use Vit. C in the AM. For exfoliation/collagen effect, use Vit. C in the PM, and leave it on skin undisturbed for about 20 minutes to let exfoliation action to complete. You need to leave Vit C. undisturbed, because exfoliation activity requires a low pH. After 20 to 30 minutes, skin's pH arise and it's ok to apply other things.

I am interested in Candy's special too. But I still have questions about the order of layer all the serum on my face. For me, I want to have brighten skin tone, so I will be using Vit. C in PM. I will mix HA with oil at AM, eye'll be seeing you AM and anything needed. But I am so sure about DMAE.

First, although I am already have a lot of skin problems (acne, fine line under eyes, dull skin tone...), is mid 20s too early for DMAE? Will my skin get immuned to it later when I seriously need the effect? Second, how will I use it? Since I will be using HA in the morning, are these steps correct: cleanser-toner-DMEA-(HA+oil)?

TIA! Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the C info...I'll start doing it first and waiting at nite to apply others. I'd apply dmae in morning then ur other serums then creams..or oils, I don't think ur making urself immune by using now, hell by time you are 40, they are gonna have a cream you rub on and poof ur 12!!! besides, if stop lines and sagging now, you have alot less to ever work on!! Also just so you know dmae is something our bodies naturally make, as we age it decreases significantly..by 40 by some huge number like 50% or up!!! So it would be like using HA, which your body already makes, so noway could u become immune to something you already make, in my humble opinion.
hope that helps
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you MelissaMarie, your arguement totaly makes sense. I think I will go ahead and place the order. Laughing
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I want this!! Also, I love the new look of her website!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
trianglefish wrote:
But I am so sure about DMAE.

First, although I am already have a lot of skin problems (acne, fine line under eyes, dull skin tone...), is mid 20s too early for DMAE? Will my skin get immuned to it later when I seriously need the effect? Second, how will I use it? Since I will be using HA in the morning, are these steps correct: cleanser-toner-DMEA-(HA+oil)?

TIA! Very Happy

I was looking at Candy's DMAE and inquired about it, but she PM'd me and told me that there was no point in using something that my skin is already producing (I'm 26). I use a Vit. C serum, but won't look into DMAE for awhile.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ParisTroika for responding. I will consider it. If it isn't suit for me, I can always share it with my older sister. Smile By the way, I noticed that you are using Candy's VC serum and eye oil (is it "eye'll be seeing you"?). How do you feel so far? Because it seems like we are the same age and have a very similar skin type (combination skin, acne prone), I am wondering if you could share your experience with the product. TIA! Very Happy
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am having problems checking out orders from Candy's website. It gives me this error message when I click on 'Proceed to checkout':

The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.

Have any of you had this message before?
Eh?

Thanks!
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Her prices are very good. I placed an order for 3 holiday Quad specials, but the postage was just too high, they charge $30.USD for shipping&handing, so i didn't hit the Proceed to Checkout button.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |