Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
This is an update of my use of this gadget.

I have seen a MAJOR improvement on my skin's face. My pores are way smaller. I had some ugly wrinkling developing on the sides of my nose, not the bunny lines but a bit below and running through my cheek that were not there 4 months ago.
The only new things I've added to my face program are the Dermawand and some expensive supplements for a week and a half called Sustainable Youth and Safetox, which have tried for only three days.

My skin texture (on my face) is better now than it was when I was in my early 40's and I do think I can point to the Dermawand for the improvement because I have used it now for almost 3 weeks, only on my face. My skin is tight on my lower lids and this is a very clear and dramatic change also. My jaw line is very defined too. I still have to work on a nasolabial on one side only Sad

It's too early to see any improvements from the Safetox in three days and I don't have wrinkles on my forehead due to a past botox treatment on my eyebrows. I have used bangs all my life and this I suspect, has protected me from the sun. The supplements should have worked on my decolletage and they have not yet; therefore I attribute the improvement to the Dermawand.

Thank you to the girls who brought this wonderful tool to our attention.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I had some ugly wrinkling developing on the sides of my nose, not the bunny lines but a bit below and running through my cheek that were not there 4 months ago.
The only new things I've added to my face program are the Dermawand and some expensive supplements for a week and a half called Sustainable Youth and Safetox, which have tried for only three days.

Do you think that the DW could have caused those lines? The reason I'm asking is that I've been using my DW for a couple of months now and I've developed two lines on either side of my nose that sound similar to what you described that definitely weren't there before. I mainly use my DW as a pimple zapper, but am also trying to reduce the size of the pores on my cheeks, so I have been focusing a lot of DW attention to that area. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:05 am      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:
margarett wrote:
I had some ugly wrinkling developing on the sides of my nose, not the bunny lines but a bit below and running through my cheek that were not there 4 months ago.

Do you think that the DW could have caused those lines? The reason I'm asking is that I've been using my DW for a couple of months now and I've developed two lines on either side of my nose that sound similar to what you described that definitely weren't there before. I mainly use my DW as a pimple zapper, but am also trying to reduce the size of the pores on my cheeks, so I have been focusing a lot of DW attention to that area. Confused

No, not at all. I noticed those lines developing more than two months and I've just started Dermawand 2 weeks plus. Those lines were the reason why I started searching like crazy for new stuff to get rid of them. It is very difficult to see new lines showing all of the sudden. It's ok when you see them developing slowly, but when they show up from one month to the next, that's not good!

One thing I make sure of is to always use a lot of gel or moisturizer with the dermawand as I believe without moisture, it could create lines.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
One thing I make sure of is to always use a lot of gel or moisturizer with the dermawand as I believe without moisture, it could create lines.

I wonder if that's why I'm getting lines then... In the instructions, it says to use it without moisturizer/oils to reduce pore size, so that's what I've been doing... I usually zap any new pimples I feel coming on and go over my cheeks/nose before applying any kind of oil and then go over my whole face after putting some oil on. I'll give it a try with oil and see if it helps. I still haven't tried using it around my eyes (the only place I'm starting to get noticeable wrinkles) for fear of making them worse...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:30 am      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:
margarett wrote:

I wonder if that's why I'm getting lines then... In the instructions, it says to use it without moisturizer/oils to reduce pore size, so that's what I've been doing... I usually zap any new pimples I feel coming on and go over my cheeks/nose before applying any kind of oil and then go over my whole face after putting some oil on. I'll give it a try with oil and see if it helps. I still haven't tried using it around my eyes (the only place I'm starting to get noticeable wrinkles) for fear of making them worse...

There was a discussion here in this thread about using it with or without gels/moisturizers and the book does say to use it on dry skin to zap pimples - a tiny area- or something like that. I don't have pimples and I did not pay attention to that. I would not apply pressure/massage on my face without moisturizer never ever.

Do you have the CD that comes with the DW?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:05 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I would not apply pressure/massage on my face without moisturizer never ever.

Just butting in here to say that I think the DermaWand should be gently glided across the surface of the skin. No pressure is really necessary, so you shouldn't be dragging or pulling at the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I found that in the beginning of use with the wand (and I used it mainly for pore size and blemishes) that my skin experienced some pretty bad drying periods. Then it adjusted to that and stopped getting dry. I've never used a moisturizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Oops - posted on wrong thread.

Hope all is going well with everyone. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
margarett wrote:
I would not apply pressure/massage on my face without moisturizer never ever.

Just butting in here to say that I think the DermaWand should be gently glided across the surface of the skin. No pressure is really necessary, so you shouldn't be dragging or pulling at the skin.

There is a bit of pressure when lifting the eyebrows' exercise, isn't? and also the other exercises I do apply a tiny amount of pressure when moving up and glide the DW back.

I say "pressure" but just pushing a bit the tip to my skin to lift, to me, is "pressure"
Very Happy
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:

There was a discussion here in this thread about using it with or without gels/moisturizers and the book does say to use it on dry skin to zap pimples - a tiny area- or something like that. I don't have pimples and I did not pay attention to that. I would not apply pressure/massage on my face without moisturizer never ever.

Do you have the CD that comes with the DW?

That would be my doing to a great extent, I have owned mine for ages and the instruction booklet I received states never to use the DW on dry skin?!? It also doesn't address zit zapping at all only anti-aging and lifting! Embarassed Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
foxe wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

Oh No Foxe now you have to go sit in the corner and have a time out! Joking! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I found that in the beginning of use with the wand (and I used it mainly for pore size and blemishes) that my skin experienced some pretty bad drying periods. Then it adjusted to that and stopped getting dry. I've never used a moisturizer.

I think that's what happened to me. I tend to go a bit overboard when trying new things and I probably spent a bit too much time with the DW on the apples of my cheeks, causing the temporary dryness and lines. I am still using my DW without moisturizer to zap zits and try to reduce the size of my pores on my cheeks and nose and although I do notice a general improvement in my skin texture, I can't really say that my pores are any smaller/different than before. Maybe I should try using a moisturizer/oil and see if it makes a difference...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
laellis wrote:
foxe wrote:

I think that's what happened to me. I tend to go a bit overboard when trying new things and I probably spent a bit too much time with the DW on the apples of my cheeks, causing the temporary dryness and lines. I am still using my DW without moisturizer to zap zits and try to reduce the size of my pores on my cheeks and nose and although I do notice a general improvement in my skin texture, I can't really say that my pores are any smaller/different than before. Maybe I should try using a moisturizer/oil and see if it makes a difference...

You know, I started to notice my skin every time a bit more dry and completely stopped the DW for a week; my skin is now back to normal, but I also started cleaning my face with oils. Anyway, I decided to return the DW. I thought: since it dries out pimples, then it could also dry out my skin!

I would be very careful with this gadget if your skin is usually on the dry side!!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI for those who use a high frequency device and are DIY inclined;

You can add "Sodium PCA" (at about 10ish%) to any good water based serum you use with your device, and it will really bump up the moisture.

Also, any "water" soluble actives combined with distilled water and a minimum amount of preservative, works great with HF devices... In my experience the HF device definitely enhances product penetration... (My regime would be to follow this water based serum treatment with an occlusive oil based serum after the HF treatment.)

Anyhoo, just sharing what's worked for moi'... Very Happy

Now all I need is some "me" time to get back into taking care of *myself*... Pray

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I didn't know you had a dermawand... Well waddaya know. I'm pretty tragic on gadget use - but do use the torture roller on a somewhat regular basis (Dermaroller! ya know).

Anyway the dermawand is starting to intrigue me - I know Keliu has mentioned it as one of her favorite must-haves and Lordy - she would know!
Glad to see you back here Kass - I'll have to start checking in more myself if you're going to be hanging more.

What is the sodium PCA you should use with the DW? I know I'm being lazy and not checking.
This would work with Juice Beauty serums? I'm loving them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you accidentally dropped your HF device and still find it working as well as before? I dropped mine a couple of times and Im worried the insides might crack or something. Because its encased, I cant really tell if anything inside is broken. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Have any of you accidentally dropped your HF device and still find it working as well as before? I dropped mine a couple of times and Im worried the insides might crack or something. Because its encased, I cant really tell if anything inside is broken. Thanks

Just test it on your hand and see if it's working as well as before. I'm sure it will be fine - the DermaWand is quite a solid device. I've dropped most of my gadgets at some stage!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Mine was never dropped and stopped working anyway! Crying or Very sad

But - I'm really happy with my HF device. THAT's the one you want to consider, sis.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi,im newbie here n I've just bought my dermawand a week ago,and now im affraid for using it again. When i was using it,it made a noisy sound like a tiny bolt (zzzrt.. zzzrt.. ,well maybe im not gud enough to describe its sounds Smile )
Does your dmwand also make some noise like mine or not?
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that's normal. It's like lightning in a tube! Bad Grin
honeybee

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Karen: thanx so much,but a lightning??i hope it wont burn my skin
Smile
I had an ugly line in my smiley line for years even im still about 25th years old
Confused
i hope that dmwand could help me to erase those line?any suggestion for me how to use the dmwand in that area?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
How does this compare with the clarisonic?
lauriemartin101

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you should see the content of a that product.
fatpandasneezes

Tue May 10, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed their electronics malfunctioning when they're using their dermawand?
I've had the wand for about a month now, but everytime I use it, the touchscreen on my ipod acts funny (is less responsive to my touch and reacts to 'imaginary' touches). I've recently noticed that the touchpad on my laptop acts up as well (it 'clicks' things that I haven't clicked, etc.).
Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know if this means that the dermawand is giving off some sort of radiation or cancerous-rays?
Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |