Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

They all think that I'm insane!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
The other female architects/interior designer that I work with (3 of 'em).

They think that I have something mentally amiss, for the plain and simple fact that I don't "check out" other guys. Famous, supposedly "hot" guys. They just don't faze me at all.

Is it so wrong and "mentally unstable" to be too into one's husband, to check out other guys? Embarassed

It was also suggested that maybe, just maybe, I'm too into myself to look at guys.

I dunno. I just know that in second grade I discovered that I lack the ability to detach looks from personality.

Seriously -- is there something wrong with me?

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
There is nothing wrong with you at all. I think it's good that you're so into your husband. Why would you need to check out other guys when you've already found the one for you? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Good God, NO!

They're probably just jealous they don't have a hot husband themselves!!!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Good God, NO!

They're probably just jealous they don't have a hot husband themselves!!!

DITTO!!!!!!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Not at all. In fact, all the years I was single, I never looked at guys that way. I'm not blind and appreciate a good looking man but I've always found it VERY bothersome when I was out with women who acted like they were on the prowl.

It totally creeps me out (guys, too)...just seems so disposable.

Now, I'm just like you, Red. I only have eyes for my husband.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
You ladies make me feel so much better -- and less like a freak of nature! Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Nope - I'm with you and feel the very same way about my hubby... I don't get the point of that behaviour, is it to seem like we're so liberated or something to behave like men at their worst or what??
Sorry to say I feel kinda sad for those gals actually. Crying or Very sad
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Nope nothing wrong. I way into my b/f and the same goes for him. I NEVER even see his eyes wander (I know he may not do it in front of me), but all his friends do and he never does. They always tease him about not doing that either when the boys are just out. I think it's great that you are that much into him. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good looking/handsome man when I see one. But my heart still flutters when I see my b/f Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you.

If the conversation is about a certain man, I'll comment if I think they're attractive - but I never get into it. I find my hubby totally hot and just don't find other men interesting ... other than to say "yeah, I guess he's handsome".

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
That's like me, Rjez -- you have to draw my attention to the man's appearance. I won't notice, or think to judge that aspect of him, unless you point it out to me. But if it's called to my attention, then I can generally tell whether he's attractive. Not in a grrr-I -want-to-hit-it kind of way.

But it's just not interesting to me. It's so hard to judge, unless I know their personality.

I've also been told that I have "strange taste". Cool

Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:

I've also been told that I have "strange taste". Cool

OMG ... that's me! I *love* clean cut/stock brokerish types but people always say I look like a "hawaiian hula dancer" - so I always attracted other types.

When I met my hubby I went bonkers and asked him out. Many of my friends (especially male coworkers) didn't 'get it' but there's something indescribable ... my hubby is hot, hot, hot ... (mmmm, when's he coming home? Bad Grin)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil, I love your thread, as soon as I read the topic heading, I thought "I am sure I can relate" whatever your topic was about. This was really spot on; I am like a cocker spaniel around my husband and never bother to look elsewhere. I think there are people who just have a momogamous nature and those who don't just don't get it. I think everyone has one person out there who thinks you are the best looking person in the world. I hope that makes sense...
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil, I love your thread, as soon as I read the topic heading, I thought "I am sure I can relate" whatever your topic was about. This was really spot on; I am like a cocker spaniel around my husband and never bother to look elsewhere. I think there are people who just have a monogamous nature and those who don't just don't get it. I think everyone has one person out there who thinks you are the best looking person in the world. I hope that makes sense...
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I feel so vindicated! I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt this way.

Smoothskin, your last statement is what I've always felt. For everyone, there is that person who worships them and thinks that they are the most gorgeous creature of all. Very Happy

It's just funny that they laugh at my "purity of heart". They are each about my age, and have boyfriends/husbands. Confused

I knew that this would be the place that I would find understanding! Cool

Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my god, I just wrote a line about purity of heart and deleted it as I thought it was just too fluffy and romantic, but that is how I feel: My heart is pure and it belongs to my husband. Are you like a cocker spaniel around yours as well or is that just me?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
OAre you like a cocker spaniel around yours as well or is that just me?

That just reminded me ... I adore my hubby but the one girl who is like a 'cocker spaniel' around him is my niece! It's really cute since she's had a crush on him since they met (she was 4).

She absolutely adores him and it's really cute. She was 6 when we got married and I remember one night at a restaurant. Her mom had taken her little brother to the restroom and she was told to stay at the table. She started sobbing and told her dad that she was "hot" and needed to go outside. "I'm so hot, daddy, puhleeeze".

I leaned over and asked "would you feel 'cooler' if P sat next to you?" Her tears stopped immediately and she nodded.

We don't live near them but all it takes is for my hubby to call and my niece does anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
Red Devil, I love your thread, as soon as I read the topic heading, I thought "I am sure I can relate" whatever your topic was about. This was really spot on; I am like a cocker spaniel around my husband and never bother to look elsewhere. I think there are people who just have a monogamous nature and those who don't just don't get it. I think everyone has one person out there who thinks you are the best looking person in the world. I hope that makes sense...

I will also agree on that last line..in MY eyes, my b/f's the best looking guy, couldn't ask for more nor would trade anything about him.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I loved hearing about your niece Very Happy so cute, and so great to see that there is another person on "our side". We are not at all insane, just excited to have found what we were looking for...
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
That is too cute about your niece!! Laughing

Yep, my husband has me quite whipped. I LOVE it when he baby-talks to me and calls me his little pumpkin-butt baby. Sometimes he likes to call me his "kid" and his "young'un." I never thought that I could feel like I could do anything for someone, but all he has to do is look at me with those gorgeous eyes, with his beautiful smiley-wrinkles, and that's it for me! (Of course, it's mutual Very Happy )

Talking about him, and thinking about him puts me in the greatest mood. I love hearing about your husbands too, and how smitten you are. Cool Thanks, you guys! Very Happy

deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I must be the freak on this thread becuase I loves me to look at prurty men....I just don't make it obvious.

I'm around lots of military types who are young, good looking, and in top condition. I'm not dead yet! Bad Grin

I admit, I look at the menu, but I NEVER order. Very Happy

I also don't get offended when my husband 'notices' women with large 'ta-tas'. He is after all, a man. With age (and training) he usually only glances out of the corner of his eyes. He thinks he's slick, but I know all the tricks and I think its funny.

I guess I'm the odd one here. Oh well. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
I'm not dead yet! Bad Grin

I remember a client that was hysterical. She'd stare and when I caught her she said "honey, I'm married, not dead".

I don't think you're odd at all. Truthfully, all my friends are like you. Dunno, I think part of it may be my age. I met hubby when I was 34 so I really, really, really appreciate all that he is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
...I think it is romantic you think your partner is the hottest thing ever. Cool Embarassed Cool Embarassed Cool
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
...I think it is romantic you think your partner is the hottest thing ever. Cool Embarassed Cool Embarassed Cool

I agree! Very Happy

Of course, my theory always has been -- if you're crazy-mad in love with someone, then they will be the most beautiful thing in your eyes. That's been my experience!

I've always wondered about the happiness of people who say: "Oh yeah, my husband is good-looking and everything, but [insert name of random famous actor] is the hottest thing alive!" If my husband thought some actress was hotter than me...! Shock Luckily, I have never fallen in love with those kind of guys. Cool

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |