Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
100% Pure (Purity Cosmetics) Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Since dealated turned us all on to 100% Pure (this is the brand name) Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream (see thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17512)
...it got me thinking...
Has anyone tried any of the rest of their line? Their cleansers and toners look interesting, and not too expensive.

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with them... www.puritycosmetics.com

Thanks for any info!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this range in a shop and was immediately put off by the packaging. The cleanser and toner bottles are made of a very thin, cheap looking plastic and the product was leaking on every single one of them... I actually wanted to get the strawberry shower gel, but the SA could not find me one that was not leaking. I dread to think how this natural product could be properly preserved in such bad quality packaging.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
there's a review of the eucalypytus cleanser somewhere on here that was very positive -- she said very good for acne prone/ non drying. I was actually considering trying it out next time I need a cleanser.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin...packaging is important (I think I tend to forget that!) especially with lines that tout all natural, no preservatives, etc. Sad that they might skimp on packaging, especially if their products are good. Bad packaging can ruin (or lead to ruin) a good product. I'd rather pay a bit extra for reliable containers.

Thanks waffle...I will look for it as this is one of the cleansers I was curious about, that and the other Lavender one.

EDIT: I can't find it...but I'll keep looking (I'm using google) Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am actually really excited to try their lip glosses which are colored and flavored with 100% fruit juice.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who is interested in the eye cream, when I received it they included 5 sample packs of the eucalyptus foaming wash and 5 of the pink grapefruit body butter.

I haven't tried them yet-- still trying to evaluate all the new things I've gotten since joining the forum! Very Happy
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
wait for the relevant reviews as my skin is too sensitive to try new lines with ease.
Crying or Very sad
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
here you go ParisTroika...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16618&highlight=eucalyptus

just search "eucalyptus" on EDS search.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
here you go ParisTroika...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16618&highlight=eucalyptus

just search "eucalyptus" on EDS search.

thanks so much! I kept missing it... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
the packaging is plastic? Due to the shipping weight I was sure they had to be glass (and when I looked at the website it seemed to look like glass packaging)..

what about the cleansers and eye cream? plastic or glass packaging? Any leakage problem with those?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
the packaging is plastic? Due to the shipping weight I was sure they had to be glass (and when I looked at the website it seemed to look like glass packaging)..

what about the cleansers and eye cream? plastic or glass packaging? Any leakage problem with those?

The seafoam cleanser is a glass jar container, the eye cream is plastic. Neither of them have come close to leaking on me, I really wish both were in pumps though. Not only for sanitation reasons, but the cleanser's container makes it impossible to get out cleanser once the jar is almost empty unless you spoon it out, which I do Laughing . In fact, I wrote an e-mail to the company about those two things, not that they'll actually do anything about it though Rolling Eyes
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Is the consistency suitable for a pump? I have some pumps here that I could transfer to.. I dont think hubby will like having to scoop out of a jar.. (he is SO fussy)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Is the consistency suitable for a pump? I have some pumps here that I could transfer to.. I dont think hubby will like having to scoop out of a jar.. (he is SO fussy)

Wow, I didn't even think to transfer mine! I'm sure it work fine with a pump.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, you can find some of the 100% pure products in flagship stores of Bath and Body Works. I've found both cleansers in BBW but most are products for body. The package is pretty simple and the ingredients look natural enough (>95%). I bought the papaya/pineapple peel powder, mixed with a little bit of water and it was ready to use on my face. I have no bad reaction to it though no positive result either. It might be that I didn't use it frequently.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I wish we had a flagship store...the closes one is 2 hours away Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:01 am      Reply with quote
I've just bought the cranberry cleanser and the white tea rose toner off ebay. Their products all sounds so lovely! I'd like to try the eye cream as well, but I can only buy that at Chocolate Lotus and I'm not really prepared to pay $12 shipping for a $18 product Sad If only they sent stuff overseas without insurance...
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |