Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review : PSF HA Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
p3409

Tue May 05, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this Serum since one month ago.
My skin type is combination, oily at T zone but dry at cheek and near the mouth.

I like this serum because it is versatile. It does not make my face breakout and the price is right.

I don't use it alone because it seems not moisturizing enough for my cheek. After I clean and tone my face, I put on Vivier C Serum 20. Wait a while, then mixing the HA Serum with my moisturizer, DermaE DMAE - Alpha Lipoic - C-Ester Serum. Viola! I get a thin-down lotion which keep my skin supple. My T-zone would not look oily and my cheek feel moisturized.

Recently we have a hot day in April (27c) and I wear it alone as moisturizer that day (after Vivier C Serum 20). My face feel perfect. So it looks like it will be a good moisturizer in hot summer months also. I definitely will continue to buy it.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.
I didn't realize I can use a HA serum with a Vit C serum (I use Viver too and I love it).
Maybe I will try PSF HA Serum after I finish my Obagi Exfoderm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, p3409. I've been wondering about this product for a while, I think I'll give it a try the next time I place an order with EDS. Thanks! Smile
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
p3409 and essq2w3e4r: do you use the Vivier C 20% under your eyes as well? Or do you use the eye C serum in the eye area?

I use several products from the Vivier line. I find that some of them do not go well with products from other lines. It seems that you ladies have no problem using the Vivier C serum with the PSF HA solution. It is good to know, I will replace the Vivier HA with the PSF one, it is less expensive Smile
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have also used the PSF HA serum. I find it not very moisturising. When I put it on, I need to put something else on top or underneath. I have combination skin but it's coming up to winter here so I will need something more.
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
I have also used the PSF HA serum. I find it not very moisturising. When I put it on, I need to put something else on top or underneath.

It is my understanding that a HA serum must be used with a moisturizer on top. Am I wrong?
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Luciana wrote:
p3409 and essq2w3e4r: do you use the Vivier C 20% under your eyes as well? Or do you use the eye C serum in the eye area?

I use several products from the Vivier line. I find that some of them do not go well with products from other lines. It seems that you ladies have no problem using the Vivier C serum with the PSF HA solution. It is good to know, I will replace the Vivier HA with the PSF one, it is less expensive Smile

Hi Luciana,
From the Vivier line, I have only been using the 20% serum and Daily Moisturizing Creme with SPF. This is my morning routine. I still have a 3/4-full container of Exfoderm from Obagi which I believe is some kind of HA. I have been using this at night.... So I have not tried the PSF/Vivier combination.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
There's been a lot of talk on HA serum on this board over the years. The consensus is that it should not be used alone. It enhances other moisturizing products quite well, but is actually drying on it's own. I've been using PSF's HA serum for a couple of years combined with ultra emu oil, and I'm happy with the combo.

Luciana wrote:
miss anna wrote:
I have also used the PSF HA serum. I find it not very moisturising. When I put it on, I need to put something else on top or underneath.

It is my understanding that a HA serum must be used with a moisturizer on top. Am I wrong?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a consensus on whether it's best to put HA on before or after a moisturiser? I assume before but am not sure.
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
HA should be put on before your moisturizer. The PSF one is aqueous and on clean, toned skin you would apply it and wait a minute or two until it absorbs before applying your moisturizer. I found this PSF HA to be alright. Even though my skin gets oily during the day, it simply wasn't hydrating enough and there are other serums that have hyaluronic acid and other hydrating ingredients in it that plump up the skin with more moisture. For the price, this is a great buy - I just prefer a serum that also helps with firming. You can never start too early!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I love this serum too .It feels great when I put it on and it works really well. Laughing

other products can't seem to moisturize adequately, but this product is perfect for me. Leaves skin dewy
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I really like the brand products. I am going to buy it the Eye cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I have used many types of HA serums, include pure HA from Dianna Yvonne. It tightens the skin temporarily which is nice but it dries up to a film and I don't see how that's moisturising.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |