Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wanting an Aloe Vera gel with all 100% natural ingredients..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, it's seeming to be very difficult to find an Aloe Vera gel that is a non-drip gel consistency that is **oil-free** and also where each and every little ingredient is **natural** and no synthetics at all, not even a trace of synthetics. My ashthma and sensitivities cannot tolerate synthetics in skincare at all.

Aubrey Organics has an Aloe Gel but it's like water consistency and I want a thicker gel consistency for my face.

I'm wanting oil-free, a little glycerin is fine. I want it to be just like Aloe Vera Gel you buy for sunburns, an extremely light non-oily gel, but all natural, remember.

They sneak in traces of synthetics for preservatives, and I know there are some natural preservatives out there.

I found one that I thought sounded ideal-ingredients are listed as Aloe Vera Gel and Lavender Oil (I know I said oil-free but I figured maybe it had so little oil in it I wouldn't notice) but then I called the company and she said she really didn't know for sure what was in the Aloe Gel because their supplier for the Aloe Gel won't give out all the ingredients. So it could have cellulose or some form of cellulose in it as a thickener which gives me asthma sometimes.

I was looking for organic Aloe with organic Xanthum gum or some kind of gum to thicken it, but there's always synthetics added to the gel also. I've looked in health food stores, also.

Thank you, sorry this was a long post
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Luvsgracy, I have quiet a naive question. What makes the aloe vera so special? BTW just came across Ice Elements, seems their lines are all aloe vera based?
http://www.iceelements.com/index.html?view=category&CatID=1&sid=&cid=&tid=[/url]
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory by nature, and creates a bit of a protective film (barrier) on the skin that help it to heal.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I like Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly. It seemed to be the best natural aloe vera gel option available at health food stores. It works great in my hair; I haven't used it on my skin. I thought I read that the formula might have changed recently, but I'm not sure.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I like Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly. It seemed to be the best natural aloe vera gel option available at health food stores. It works great in my hair; I haven't used it on my skin. I thought I read that the formula might have changed recently, but I'm not sure.

I have this too. It's 99.5% certified organic aloe vera gel. The other ingredients are Carbomer 940, Vitamins A, C and E. I love using it as a body lotion in the summer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure, but I thought Lily of the Desert Aloe Gel had something in it that sounded synthetic. If you know each ingredient is all natural please let me know, thanks everyone.

I'll look into Ice Elements, but I'm skeptical that each ingredient is all natural - I'll look though, thanks for the suggestion.

Aloe helps my acne breakouts and redness from rosacea VERY much, my skin loves it, it also somehow helps open the pores and exfoliate and heal - everything else is giving me skin problems in some way or another except Aloe and my homemade toner I make with Water, Apple Juice, A tiny bit of lime juice and gelatin. But my skin wants something more of a protective gel - gelatin is kind of sticky and I need something different.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
There's a new brand at SaffronRouge called Santaverde and all their products are completely organic and is Aloe based instead of water. They have an Aloe Gel for body and one for the face. This is on my to-try list but imo it's on the expensive side similar to Primavera.

http://www.saffronrouge.com/santaverde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy-

I use this brand, I really like it, the best organic aloe gel I have found. I dont think its sold in stores though.

http://www.aloelife.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=6

HTH's! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mountain Rose Herbs sell pure aloe vera flesh pulp (sort of runny texture) which has no added synthetics, you can add a little xantham gum or lecithin yourself to thicken the texture, plus 1-2 drops EOs to help preserve the product.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone, you've been really helpful!

A few questions: what is Carbomer?

To Vonstella: The AloeLife gel, would you have time to list all the ingredients for me as listed on the label or do you know how I can find out?

To Miranets: I was trying to find an organic xanthum gum to by or the best place to buy lecithin for a person with extreme sensitivies to pesticides/chemicals? Thanks for the advice!

i will check out everything that all of you suggested, thanks again.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:

To Vonstella: The AloeLife gel, would you have time to list all the ingredients for me as listed on the label or do you know how I can find out?

99% certified organic whole leaf aloe vera juice, seaweed-thickening agent, vit A, vit E, chamomile extract, allantoin, vit C, citric acid, potassium sorbate, NO WATER ADDED.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
To Vonstella, thank you so much for the ingredients! I am going to try to buy some of this stuff. Thanks for taking time to post these for me, that was really nice.
Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:
To Vonstella, thank you so much for the ingredients! I am going to try to buy some of this stuff. Thanks for taking time to post these for me, that was really nice.
Very Happy

Hey-no prob. We are all here to help each other! I really rec their products(all quality), very good prices!

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |