Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Avene - Ystheal+, Retrinal, Diacneal or Eluage?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I just finished my first pump canister of Ystheal+ Emulsion Lotion (0.05 Retinaldehyde). I really like it alot, but thought I would go a bit stronger and try another of Avene's products. I was looking at Diacneal, Retrinal and Eluage. Now, I am really confused with all these formulas. I did a search on the internet which lead me to a Makeup Alley forum which had some recent bad reviews on Diacneal. So, then I thought I would try the Retrinal (which comes in 3 strengths - 0.025, 0.05 and 0.1). Then, I see there is an Eluage which has Retinaldehyde and Hyaluronic acid in the formula, but doesn't list the percentage of Retinaldehyde. I would like to go up from the 0.05 I am currently using. I am looking for a lotion or cream, not really into a Gel. Anyone have input on Diacneal compared to Retrinal or Eluage? Anyone know the percentage of Retinaldehyde in Eluage? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Eluage is .5% but supposedly stronger than Ystheal because the HA makes it penetrate better.

Diacneal is a stronger percentage and it also includes glycolics. it's a gel and can be pretty potent and drying. there are good reviews and bad reviews on MUA. it's a love it or hate it sort of product. i personally really liked it and loved the combo of retinal and glycolic. it was a bit too strong for me to use nightly, however, and i was alternating nights with IS Clinical Active.

due to the winter weather, i recently changed over to using Active with the Eluage cream over it every night and am loving it! i haven't tried the Retrinal so i can't comment....
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks la vie en rose!

I live in the USA so I guess I would have to order Eluage from Tubotica.com? Or, is there another site that you could recommend? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing the Eluage too and it comes in two types here; a big tube for the whole face and a half tube for spot-treatment so I'm thinking one must be stronger than the other.

I'm currently alternating PMs with Diacneal and Ystheal lotion - great results. I find Diacneal pretty strong stuff considering it's only 6% glycolic it feels more like 14% - must be the action in tandem. I was alternating with Mandelic but despite looking glowy and transclucent I was irritating my skin in turns - hence the new toned down programme.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
i don't really find one stronger than the other -- yes, i bought both Laughing . i've been using the little one for my eyes and lips and the other for the face. (when i was on holiday, though, i just brought the tube and didn't notice that much (if any) difference -- only took it because of the smaller size. it does say "concentrate" on the packaging, but i haven't seen a difference in percentage anywhere.) warning to both of you -- it *is* frangranced if your skin has a problem with that.

Molly -- isn't the strength of the Diacneal insane? it's actually a welcome relief in the hot, humid months but otherwise it can be just a wee bit too effective depending on what other actives you're using.

MystyPines -- i'm in france which is kind of why i got the Eluage (about a block away Very Happy ) and why i haven't tried the Retrinal.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi MystyPines - I used Ystheal first and have now graduated to Retrinal. I love it! I get some gentle peeling periodically, but this is what I wanted -- a stronger exfoliant. Yet my skin isn't irritated by Retrinal, which is what I feared when I switched over. I use .05 around my eyes and .1 on the rest of my face, about 3 times a week.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Molly -- isn't the strength of the Diacneal insane?

Crazy and mad, but in a lovely way.
I think using every night is quite important no matter whether it's the milder version it's really accelerated my improvements. Maybe it's important to have the Tretinoin hanging around available in your skin at all times.
Seriously one patch of my hyperpigmentation on my cheek has almost totally lifted, but now I find underneath there's patches of broken veins Shock weird - there's nothing like that on the other side of my face. How did that happen?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am tired of the skin sensitivity issues I am having with Green Cream. So I just ordered Retrinal 0.025 as starting point. I am hoping that my skin will stop stinging and not look as red with the Retrinal.

I so wish that EDS would start carrying the Avene products.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use Ystheal cream most days, Ystheal gel in summer, Diacnel when I seem really oily or about to break out. The glycolic just makes me itch.

I have a sample of Eluage and it's really nice going on but perfumey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
Molly -- isn't the strength of the Diacneal insane?

Crazy and mad, but in a lovely way.
I think using every night is quite important no matter whether it's the milder version it's really accelerated my improvements. Maybe it's important to have the Tretinoin hanging around available in your skin at all times.

we're talking about a skincare product like it was our lover Bad Grin and completely agree with you about nightly use Wink
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Eulage (I got the smaller area treatment one).
It stings a little bit which I don't mind as I think thatr shows it is working more.
It is perfumed though which i don't like - nothing too offensive but I think it's unnecessary.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

we're talking about a skincare product like it was our lover Bad Grin

I'm even more in love now I've read the Eluage leaflet Laughing I couldn't resist picking up an overpriced tube of the concentrate after all the talk.

It seems quite radical to me. It's not combined with HA, but HAF (hyaluronic acid fragments) and they say that research has show that these help the skin to produce it's own HA. In their own words "HAF are fragments of biotechnologically synthesized hyaluronic acid, whose very specific molecular weight enables increased synthesis of hyaluronic acid within the dermis" That's amazing. I don't think I've seen any other product which claims to do this, although I remember Dr P saying CPs might do it, but it hadn't been studied or proven.

And when Avene say they've done research it's usually pretty thorough - not one of those 20 out of 25 users said they liked it rubbish. Shame the research isn't up on their website.

I noticed in the instructions that the concentrate is supposed to be used over the general product for a double boost I suppose. I find it a little too dry on it's own for eyes so now I have to add the big tube of Eluage to my collection too.

Bit strange that they make it pinky, flesh coloured and it's supposed to immediately plump out deep lines (seems to aswell) at night!. Is that necessary? Maybe to the French Confused
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Bit strange that they make it pinky, flesh coloured and it's supposed to immediately plump out deep lines (seems to aswell) at night!. Is that necessary? Maybe to the French Confused

firstly, thank you for all the info on the leaflet. i'm afraid i tossed it early -- not that i'd now what the hey it said in french anyways. i've got some fluency, but this goes above and beyond....

as for the necessity of the pink plump, well, yes. c'est très nécessaire! in france, one must look beautiful in bed for your spouse or lover as well as smell like a beautiful flower (hence the frequent frangrance) Bad Grin
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Laughing I'm a bit obsessed and I've been rummaging around on the Avene website.

There are differences between the cream and the gel. The gel has 1% HAF and the cream 0.5% HAF. They both have 0.05% retinaldehyde - wish they'd oomph that up a notch.

Another difference is the gel has a "Galenic texture" and I can't fully understand what that means - does anyone know? It says it has an 'instant tensor effect' and uses acrylic copolymers to achieve it. Yuk! who needs that at night? (the French).

The cream contains 'soft focus powders' so you look good in bed I guess - hilarious.

BTW I came across this site selling the full Avene European range located in Washington USA
http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com
I have no idea if they're reliable.
They also sell the European Bioderma and Avene sunscreens Shock
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I love Avene products and have been ordering from Tubotica in Spain.

The prices are great and they give a discount for MUA members. The BEST pricing is going to a local CVS.

30ml Ystheal cream = $28.38 at Tubotica. ($25.80 each if you buy the 2-pack). $36.50 on the U.S. website.

Shipping is costly from Tubotica - but their customer service is the best I've ever encountered. I email and they let me know where I am on the package weight for the box - because they send you a ton of samples too.

Ystheal cream and gel are 0.05% retinaldehyde. I use the cream when I want more moisturizing.

If you want higher retinaldehyde - there is Diacnel (0.1% retinaldehyde + 6% glycolic acid). Or, there is Retrinal which is sold in the U.S. - sold in 0.025, 0.50 and 0.1% formulas of retinaldehyde.

I've been using a sample of Eluage and other than the smell - I really like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Why can't I find Retrinal in the accounter? Is it a new product from Avene?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
liangzhiz - Retrinal is not sold by Tubotica. It is not new, but is made specifically for the U.S. I believe you need to purchase from a derm site.

Hopefully someone here knows or you can do a search for Retrinal on the forum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got my retrinal from dermstore.com. I am pretty sure there are a few other online sites that sell retrinal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
mtview -- Can you please expain to me what's up with dermstore.com needing to do a consultation? I've never bought from them before -- would they turn down the sale if I bought Retrinal from another source? Or do they just want to see if I've used Retrinol or another retinoid product before? Thanks for answering when you have time.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
mtview -- Can you please expain to me what's up with dermstore.com needing to do a consultation? I've never bought from them before -- would they turn down the sale if I bought Retrinal from another source? Or do they just want to see if I've used Retrinol or another retinoid product before? Thanks for answering when you have time.

The consultation is a no brainer. It only takes 5 minutes to answer a few basic questions regarding your skin. After the consultation you can buy anything on dermstore.com.

I initially did the consultation in order to buy some La Roche Posay products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, mtview! Smile
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
[ It says it has an 'instant tensor effect' and uses acrylic copolymers to achieve it. Yuk! who needs that at night? (the French).

Molly, acrylic copolymers is one of the ingredients in my hair gel. That can't be good Confused Laughing I wonder *exactly* what its supposed to do.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Eluage Gel Concentrate and the Avene Ystheal Creme+ from frenchcosmetics4less. When I ordered, I didn't realize they would wait to receive their weekly shipment from France, but I did have my products within about 10 days. I am very happy with their service and prices. The gentleman e-mailed me a couple times just to keep me updated. His name is Lester Steinfeld, and he was very courteous. I would definitely order again. Have used the products a couple times so far, and I like it very much. Will review when I have more data. Wish I could read French, though.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've just ordered mine from Tubotica, today. they had a good deal on the eluage cream + gel and a free face mist.

Somehow or other I was 'the lucky winner' of a tube of La Roche Posay Rosalia ( I think it's called ) - well, that's nice!

I dont, however, have rosacia, so I dont quite know what I'll do with it, but it was nice to win something, anyhow!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
I ordered the Eluage Gel Concentrate and the Avene Ystheal Creme+ from frenchcosmetics4less. When I ordered, I didn't realize they would wait to receive their weekly shipment from France, but I did have my products within about 10 days. I am very happy with their service and prices. The gentleman e-mailed me a couple times just to keep me updated. His name is Lester Steinfeld, and he was very courteous. I would definitely order again. Have used the products a couple times so far, and I like it very much. Will review when I have more data. Wish I could read French, though.

I use Ystheal cream all the time now. It's even replaced my Ystheal eye gel/cream. I had a few samples of Eluage but thought nothing of it. Last week I decided to use it and although I'm not a big fan of the fragrance - I love the HA. I notice my face is more plump and soft in the morning.

I ordered Avene throughwww.tubotica.com. There's a small discount for MUA members and it's the least expensive place I've ever found. Of course, shipping gets you but they pack the box with tons of samples. I also received my package in a few days and their customer service is unbeatable. Really, how can you fault a company who sends a response within 12 hours and emails at 4:30AM in Spain.

You can also get Avene at CVS if you're lucky enough to live near one.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |