Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Requesting DIY help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking to make a strong exfoliating body lotion. I'm ok just adding ingredients to a cheapie drugstore lotion. I'd prefer not to order lots of ingredients online. Anyone have ideas? Doesn't have to be glycolic. I already use a mild lactic acid cream which is great but not quite enough (it would be great if I could mix something into it).

I just want something to save my lizard legs and prevent body acne. (already loofah-ing and all that)

thanks my crafty ones.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Waffle, I don't have any ideas for a body lotion, but I highly recommend dry brushing! It did wonders for my super dry body skin and body acne and I've only been doing it for a few weeks.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the UK, so I can use Boots - at the moment on their website they have a glycolic kit reduced by 50% to £8.

It's mild but effective. I just ordered a couple, because I've been using it for a while now, mixing it in my palm, 50/50 with body lotion.

Obviously I never get spots on my rear, but if I did this would have done great job getting rid of them and making my rear silky soft and smooth. Cool
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I'm in the UK, so I can use Boots - at the moment on their website they have a glycolic kit reduced by 50% to £8.

It's mild but effective. I just ordered a couple, because I've been using it for a while now, mixing it in my palm, 50/50 with body lotion.

Obviously I never get spots on my rear, but if I did this would have done great job getting rid of them and making my rear silky soft and smooth. Cool

yeah, I don't have that problem either, that's totally not why I was asking. Obviously. Cool
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry this is not a direct answer to your question.

Also, I will be honest upfront and say I'm quite lazy...and/or have a busy life. I like being (relatively) low maintenance.

I was thinking about using a glycolic body wash or lotion to help with patches of dry skin. But now I use a Space NK Japanese wash cloth (from space nk clearly) with my super soft Jason lavender or rose shower gel (from local health food shop, about £8 for a bottle that lasts for *months*) and this means no faffing about with body lotion needed, let alone glycolic...! Takes no longer than a shower, and makes you feel ultra clean and have soft skin too. Other people have said similarly good things about the Dermalogica cloth.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Sorry this is not a direct answer to your question.

Also, I will be honest upfront and say I'm quite lazy...and/or have a busy life. I like being (relatively) low maintenance.

I was thinking about using a glycolic body wash or lotion to help with patches of dry skin. But now I use a Space NK Japanese wash cloth (from space nk clearly) with my super soft Jason lavender or rose shower gel (from local health food shop, about £8 for a bottle that lasts for *months*) and this means no faffing about with body lotion needed, let alone glycolic...! Takes no longer than a shower, and makes you feel ultra clean and have soft skin too. Other people have said similarly good things about the Dermalogica cloth.

I would unfortunately turn into a lizard without body lotion....I'm not sure I understand how exfoliation alone fixes dry skin. Although I'm sure it would fix the spots on my butt, if I had them. Cool
but I still want an exfoliating cream. Anyone, anyone? Maybe I'll just pay out for the DDF. Sad
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to make a strong exfoliating body lotion, probably the easiest thing to do is to just go to one of the diy sites like the Personal Formulator or Ingredients to Die For and buy some Glycolic Acid and just add it to your favorite drugstore body lotion. They all give you formulas indicating exactly how much you should add to give you the concentration you want.

Manual exfoliation with a luxurious sugar or dead sea salt scrub, or a coffee scrub are also great at keep your skin soft and sleek and polished. They're also fun to make.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
If you want to make a strong exfoliating body lotion, probably the easiest thing to do is to just go to one of the diy sites like the Personal Formulator or Ingredients to Die For and buy some Glycolic Acid and just add it to your favorite drugstore body lotion. They all give you formulas indicating exactly how much you should add to give you the concentration you want.

Manual exfoliation with a luxurious sugar or dead sea salt scrub, or a coffee scrub are also great at keep your skin soft and sleek and polished. They're also fun to make.

thanks! I'm going to make one of the shea butter/coffee grounds shower scrubs on EDS and then buy some glycolic from one of the sites you mentioned...thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |