Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dehydrated skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
besides drinking lots of water, what else helps quickly with dehydrated skin??
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil, squalane, and jojoba are your best bets in terms of topical moisturizers. If it's a cronic thing, I highly recommend upping your fat intake by supplimenting with fish oil, flax seed oil, and even coconut oil.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Eating nuts helps with hydration. Also, hot showers are supposed to dry your skin out. But, really, I don't follow this piece of advice as I love really hot showers. I read in Allure the suggestion of lukewarm showers in the winter and taking quick ones to minimize the time you're in the water. Lukewarm in the winter? No way! Laughing
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I second the suggestion for efa's, and emu oil.

violetanne - are some nuts better than others?
which are recommended?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Also, make sure your cleanser and toner isn't drying out your skin.

If you're looking for a very hydrating face cream, then I can recommend Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
when I take flax seed oil suppliments my skin feels hydrated over night.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest taking Evening Primrose Oil and Cod Liver Oil. My dry skin and lips have improved a lot after taking these.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:

which are recommended?

Seeds are actually better than nuts. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds etc...
Only ever eat raw nuts and seeds, organic is best. The best nuts are almonds, macadamias, peacans and walnuts. Peanuts are not nutritious, and cashews are quite low on the nutrition scale as well.

But I don't think this helps with dehydration. Nuts and seeds have a very low water content. If you want hydration eat more live foods. Raw fruits, veggies, green's etc. Don't use salt, avoid caffeine etc.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Also, make sure your cleanser and toner isn't drying out your skin.

Ditto on this!! Also try and make sure you're not washing your face in too hot of water. Adding a hydrosol or a spritzer such as Evian spray or Avene Thermal water throughout the day helps with dehydration. I know that with the winter months upon us (here in North America anyways), heating can certainly suck the moisture out of our skin Sad

HTH

5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Use your moisturizer, Decleor is my favorite and then layer a thin coat of vaseline on top,
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
sothy01 wrote:
... and then layer a thin coat of vaseline on top,

OMG! My entire being would be totally consumed by ONE * G I G A N T I C * * Z I T * if I did that!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I like the decleor balms, Iris, Angelique, Rose, etc. at night when I need more moisture over my IS Clinical Active and Hydracool. Plenty of water is a must, at least a gallon a day with lemon slices or cucumber. Try the HA supplements and flaxseed, omega oils and vitamin E.
MermaidGirl-I have used vaseline on my lips and nose every night for the past 20 years or so and so far my nose hasn't turned into a gigantic zit yet! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
Emu oil, squalane, and jojoba are your best bets in terms of topical moisturizers. If it's a cronic thing, I highly recommend upping your fat intake by supplimenting with fish oil, flax seed oil, and even coconut oil.

I would like to second that thought! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
According to YOU: The Owners Manual (Oprah's show doctors) the best nuts are indeed RAW walnuts. If you eat these in addition to taking Omega 3 fish oil capsules, you'd not only be doing something good for your skin but something GREAT for your heart, as these offer a lot of cardioprotective benefits Very Happy
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been taking fish oil capsule, borage oil, and HA for many months and my skin is still as dry as ever. I drink at least 1.5L of water a day and apply moisturizer right after shower. Humidifer in the room at night. Don't know what else to do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellex C's Hydra B5 on top of moisturizer when I get really dehydrated or if need extra moisture lockdown when I'm flying(on a plane Laughing )...it always does the trick for me.
Pudoodles
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
eat some lamb ,especially its skin Confused
mwilson569
5% products discount

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hope in a Jar by Philosophy is very hydrating. -H.T.H. -Melissa
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
l like Decleor Hydra Floral -Hydrating Comfort Cream
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Lack of sleep really dehydrates my skin. I go through phases when I toss and turn all night, and after 3 or 4 nights, my skin starts to suffer. A quick fix for me is a Cathiodermie facial, this really hydrates my skin and the effects last quite a while, and brings my skin back to life. Costs around £40, but a real treat for my skin once in a while.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I just started using decleor rose balm about a week ago. Smile So far I really love it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
bubbleoffplumb wrote:

which are recommended?

Seeds are actually better than nuts. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds etc...
Only ever eat raw nuts and seeds, organic is best. The best nuts are almonds, macadamias, peacans and walnuts. Peanuts are not nutritious, and cashews are quite low on the nutrition scale as well.

But I don't think this helps with dehydration. Nuts and seeds have a very low water content. If you want hydration eat more live foods. Raw fruits, veggies, green's etc. Don't use salt, avoid caffeine etc.

It's not the water content of nuts that's good for you, it's the natural oils they contain. Nuts are excellent source of good fats, omega-3... not to mention protein. I only eat almonds; a handful is a good, nutritous snack.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I try to take vitamin Everyday as well as moistuize
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
A good hydrating mask will help. I've been trying to use Dermalogica's once per week and the results are good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Do the hydrating mask everyday. I most like the DDF hydrating mask for my very dry skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |