Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
very interesting organic skin care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like Jacky Chan has started his own certified organic skin care line. It looks very much like emminence/ilike from the packaging and it is made in Hungary. Anybody know any details?

http://www.jackiechan.com/news_view?cid=543
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
How do you know it comes from Hungary ??? - i couldn't find any info about that.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it looks anything like Ilcsi...
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
If you click on the 3rd thumbnail picture you can read on the sign : Jackie Chan Organic Skin Care Made in Hungary.
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
honestly i wonder how much he knows/cares about skin care...
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
horris wrote:

I totally agree on that one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
horris wrote:

I totally agree on that one.

Me too! This is so weird to me... I'm definitely wary about this one...
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is a pure marketing gimmick. The products are probably good, but not developed by him. All he did probably was giving his name.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
OK, the first sentence of the story cracked me up!

(I wont use the quote function, as the font goes too small):

On November 16, 2006 two very special events occurred in Hong Kong and although Jackie was unable to attend either of them, his involvement in both is newsworthy. rofl First, the Jackie Chan Organic Skin Care line was introduced at Cosmoprof Asia, the largest and most prestigious international beauty trade event in Asia.
Jackie and his business partner Maggie Chu joined forces to produce a line of skin care products which are completely organic. In keeping with Jackie's history of preserving and protecting the environment, the products are composed of natural ingredients which are non-polluting and all packaging is made using recycled materials.

hmm so just HOW dedicated is he to this stuff? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think he makes a very good ambassador for organic skincare and environmental causes, just with his background and job history...

I saw this interview on CCTV during China Environmental Week or some farce thing, all these famous Chinese stars being asked "How do you protect the environment?" and everyone, even Jacky said "Don't throw batteries into the trash, recycle them properly".......
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
How bizarre.

I guess it would make more sense to me if it was skincare for men.

Or bath products for little boys.. Confused
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
You never know maybe he is totally obsessed with skincare-inbetween making movies with Chris Tucker of course-and just maybe he is a member of EDS....HI JACKIE! wave Seriously though, Jackie Chan IS huge on the environment and all things orgainc including eating super healthy, maybe this is his life long dream...with everyone in America peddling their crappy perfume and tacky clothing/shoe line(Yes Jessica Simpson I mean you)I say go for it Jackie with your ass-kicking-organic-self! But thats just me! Wink Laughing

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I'd trust him more than simpson.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
You never know maybe he is totally obsessed with skincare-inbetween making movies with Chris Tucker of course-and just maybe he is a member of EDS....HI JACKIE! wave Seriously though, Jackie Chan IS huge on the environment and all things orgainc including eating super healthy, maybe this is his life long dream...with everyone in America peddling their crappy perfume and tacky clothing/shoe line(Yes Jessica Simpson I mean you)I say go for it Jackie with your ass-kicking-organic-self! But thats just me! Wink Laughing

Vinstella . . .you are so funny!!!!! Great post!!! LMAO!!! Laughing

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Jackie, if you are reading this, can I just say, my kids adore you and I loved you in "Drunken Master", particularly.

um, and also.. say hi to Owain Wilson from me, ok?

Razz
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie Chan skin care? I couldn't believe it...
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, if he's a skin care junkie, maybe we should invite him to join us! Wink
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing....

TRY to be nice y'all !!!

In all seriousness, though, he is actually something of an environmental activist and has been for quite some time - even before it was "chic" to be green Wink
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I can believe it, I'm a fan of his movies and read a bit of bio on him, he does seem to genuinely put back in the community.

Heck he's the reason I dabbled with gymnastics and started to learn cantonese. Don't ask!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
I can believe it, I'm a fan of his movies and read a bit of bio on him, he does seem to genuinely put back in the community.

Heck he's the reason I dabbled with gymnastics and started to learn cantonese. Don't ask!

Why not? How did the cantonese lessons go? I might not ask about gymnastics though, since I love watching it but would never be brave enough to endure the training. Wink

Actually...Jackie Chan being an action star, wonder if he knows all the good tricks on how to reduce bruising, swelling and what not. He might know something about skin care.
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you. I trust him and his cause more than Jessica Simpson, JLO, Paris Hilton or any of the other gang. At least his stuff is organic.

I just don't see the right image. Somebody above posted that it might be more appropriate for men skin care. I agree.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |