Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favorite winter moisturizer for dry skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
grumpy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
What is your favorite winter moisturizer for dry skin?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Grumpy!

I use Ice Elements normal to dry moisture lotion and I really like it.... however... if you already have a moisture lotion that you really like but it isn't enough for the winter, you may want to consider using that and adding a couple of drops of squalane to what you are going to use in the palm of your hand.. or dot it around your face and blend.

Squalane is very close to human sebum and is great to help with the dry skin season.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice, Bosoxy.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome!

I am sure that others will chime in with their favorites too, so you will have a lot to choose from! Very Happy

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love oils for the dry parts of my face, my current favorites are squalane and coconut oil. I have acne prone skin, and neither of these have caused me breakouts. I have also used emu and jojoba which worked well too.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
My 2 top picks:
Dr Hauschka Rose day Cream
Primavera Nourishing Day Cream

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Rosa Fruta Rose Cream is very moisturizing. I use this only in winter.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just discovered the Moisture Enrichment from Zenbiotic and I'm totally in love with it. It absolutely saved my face when it got really dehydrated during my recent travels. It transforms dried out skin into plump, dewy skin, and I love the light herbal scent.

Another favorite stand-by of mine for winter time is Beauty Without Cruelty's Maximum Moisture Cream. It's extremely heavy--- definitely only for skin that's dried out beyond belief, but if nothing else helps your dry skin, this stuff will.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream is a staple for me. I use this after a glycolic peel and during the winter if my skin has been chapped or wind burned.

SkinMedica Rejuvenating Moisturizer is also lovely and I tend to use this more often. It is full of antioxidants and is a great buy!! In fact SkinMedica is coming out with a new moisturizer..Ultra something or another. Very Happy

Good luck and HTH!!!

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I use Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream all year round - but I have very dry skin. In winter, I sometimes like to add some facial oil, such as Camellia or Emu.
florayen
5% products discount

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
My new found favorite is camellia oil which I just discovered when I ordered the Epidermx II from goldport beauty. Wow I really like how it makes my skin feel. Gels, creams and lotions can't compare. It makes my skin look glowing and doesn't feel greasy or anything. At night I dab some face cream over it and my skin feels super smooth.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to say Cellcosmet but I got a sample of AP Time Release and it is more of a lotion and I did find it to be light and maybe a bit calming. My skin is not that red so I really can't say if it can eliminate red skin tone
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lipomoist is A1 and Elizabeth Grant Serums.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Lipomoist is A1 and Elizabeth Grant Serums.

...and it is hard to knock EG's Torriculum Pur creams if you have to suffer typical Canadian winters...it really keeps the skin hydrated and feeling soft without any greasiness...I am not a regular EG user but I've always thought that her stuff was under-rated...I just wish she'd tell us what is in the creams!!!
Pudoodles
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, have you been to EG's website. Theres LOTS of good reading there plus pictures.
Regardless, I agree with you in that you CANNOT beat her creams for winter. Whatever torricelumn I would like to know too. She said it was a mineral. I THINK its copper.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Pudoodles, have you been to EG's website. Theres LOTS of good reading there plus pictures.
Regardless, I agree with you in that you CANNOT beat her creams for winter. Whatever torricelumn I would like to know too. She said it was a mineral. I THINK its copper.

I haven't checked out the website - I guess I should..so you think it is copper, eh? hmmm...I wonder...she recently put out caviar ampoules -- I wonder what they are like...I might have to order them once the price goes down a bit! Thanks, again SusieQ Very Happy
Pudoodles
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I just discovered the Moisture Enrichment from Zenbiotic and I'm totally in love with it. It absolutely saved my face when it got really dehydrated during my recent travels. It transforms dried out skin into plump, dewy skin, and I love the light herbal scent.

I can't wait to try this! It sounds wonderful!
I love zenbiotics.

Smile
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
mine is dermalogica's skin smoothing cream. It's not thick but does a great job in keeping my skin moisturized in the harsh winter weather and i have combination skin.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
this winter my skin seems to moisturising herself.
it's strange,maybe because i eat lamb
who knows? Cool
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I actually use my normal moisturizer and like others on this thread, pat a couple drops of oil onto my face. I used to use emu (made me a bit too greasy), but now I'm using ELS (Every Lipid Serum) from Skin Actives Scientific, and I really like it. It's inexpensive (under $10 for a 1/2 oz), Squalane-based I think but also has ALA and a whole bunch of other antioxidants in it.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
My skin gets very dry during winter so I like to alternate between Guerlain Super Aqua Day & Night Balm, Dr H Rose Cream & also Sisley's Restorative cream.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, I recently ordered the EG caviar. I expect it any day now. I'll let you know what I think.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet's Ultra Vital has worked well for me this winter. It's the first time in years that I haven't had to deal with dry, flaky skin. My skin finally feels comfortable during the winter. Very Happy
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Cetephil....does not cause blemishes and it moisturizes in even the coldest parts of winter.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |