Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Serious Skin Care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2004 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi, ladies!
Has anyone of you heard of this skincare line? They have impressive ingredient lists to me, but I dont know if they perform well?
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Sun May 09, 2004 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I've used a lot of products from SS, including their Vitamin C and A lines, glycolic line, acne products, oily skin line, hair removal, and fading products. I purchase through TSC (the shopping channel in Canada) in prepackaged kits and pass on products I don't like, or which don't suit my skin type, or irritate my allergies.

I have combination, hyperpigmented, acneic (at times), hormonal skin. My SS experience has been:

Glycolic cleanser: I LOVE this.

Vitamin C line (orange packaging): I like the cleanser but not as much as the glycolic. The scrub and mask are okay. I can't use the day and night moisturizers because the scent irritates my allergies. (It doesn't irritate my sister's allergies, and she and my friends love these moisturizers.) The C-serum is a nice, gentle, non-irritating Vitamin C, but I now use Cellex-C serum, so I pass the C-serum on too. I liked the three step C-Peel system and look forward to trying C-resurface and C-potion. The C-eye cream is nice but I don't have a lot of wrinkling or crows feet. I'm looking forward to trying the C-resurface and C-potion. C-Sauna was ho hum. I LOVE the C-body moisturizer. It's thick and goopy but absorbs fast. I don't like the colour choice with this packaging - white print on orange is bloody hard to read. Given that this is a line for 40+ skin, I'm amazed no one considered white on orange for 40+ eyes.

Vitamin A line (blue packaging): I can't use the cleanser as it's too rich for my skin but my friends like it. I like A-force and A-cream as a change. The eye cream is ho hum so I pass it on. Haven't used the scrub/peel system in this line. The bar of soap irritated my allergies so I gave it away. I've given away two full size A-tox as I thought it would be wasted on me (but recently got a small tube in a kit and will try it soon). One friend loved it. The other couldn't use it because it's thick and unspreadable (I gave it to her in the original cellophane packaging). That's unacceptable because that's not the texture. I'm going to speak to TSC later today because of that and other problems with kits. The pump in one cleanser doesn't work so I have to open it each time. Once when I removed the cellophane from a new C-eye cream, the top separated from the bottom glass container and there were shards all over. And I'm concerned about a brand new product I got within the last few weeks, D-N-A A defiance youth cocktail for the face. When it was demonstrated on TSC I'm fairly sure the product was clear or white (like the D-N-A eye cream) but the one I have is brown and thick. The directions say "shake prior to use". Nothing happens when you shake something this thick. I tried this product yesterday and it felt greasy for my skin (it has mineral oil). I'm hoping TSC/SS will replace the A-Tox and D-N-A product. I long ago tossed the defective eye cream because I felt I had gotten such a good deal it wasn't worth whining about one product. But with this many issues, I'm whining. TSC/SS encourage buying several kits to save $, which I have. So I'm thoroughly bummed at finding things broken or contaminated and wonder if they put products at the end of their shelf life in their kits.

The oily skin line was too drying for me. Perhaps better suited to a teenager.

I LOVE everything in the Continuously Clear acne line including the mask, and I also use Dry-Lo (sulfur) and occasionally Clearz-it (benzoyl peroxide). (I used ProActiv for 4 days and don't like it as much as this line)

I completely hated the Sistine perfume which once came as a bonus, and couldn't find anyone who liked it so I threw it out.

The hair removal line is demonstrated on a man's dark hairy arm and works like a charm. It hasn't been completely successful for me. I don't have really hairy legs and it didn't remove all my hair. My face has hormonal hairiness (white hair on chin / cheeks / stash) and the face product removes some of the cheek stuff but none of the chin stuff. I've varied from keeping it on 7 min then 8, 9, and 10 is the max. 10 minutes irritated my skin and still didn't remove my chin hair.

The fading products contain 2% Hydroquinone. I noticed modest improvement but currently use Cellex-C Fade Away Gel which is effective and has no side effects. I'm not crazy about SS Fading Cream because it has mineral oil and lanolin and feels greasy.

There's lots to like with Serious Skin Care. They occasionally have kits like "Kit 'n Kaboodle" which has small samples of several product lines.

But I haven't been impressed with most bonus bags Rolling Eyes. The worst so far was the Hermes powder blue knock off. I gave it to a friend, who gave it to a friend... I got the same bag same colour in a recent kit and the doohicky closure thing was broken. (Made in China) If the bag was in a colour I liked I would have exchanged it.

Hope this rant helps. Something for everyone in this line.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2004 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wow~~~ less patchy, you REALLY have tired lots of products from this skincare line!!! I couldnt believe it !!! It's really EVERYTHING Shock

I have never tried this skincare line before until recently! Like you mentioned, since it appears to be a great value buying the kits! Yes, I was persuaded to purchase the kits that came along with a lot of products but some are not sutiable for my skin type according to their suggestions, so, I just passed some of them to my mom.. while keeping some of them for myself!!
I have been using the A cleanser and C cleanser for about a week, I like the C more than the A, just like you, I think the A is too rich for my skin .. but the C is fine, just a bit dry but it's ok with the C night cream, in fact, I am not sure which line I should be using, coz sometimes, like for the A line, they said it's universal (which means for all ages), but then the other time, they said it's for people who discovers the first appearance of fine lines!! But it's too vague, I am not sure what's the first appearance of fine lines??? Even for the teenagers, they can have some little fine lines somewhere on their faces.. so, I dont know . Question But for some reason, I dont think A is for any ages..

With the kit, it also came with the A force and A cream, but I am confused with the application, what's the difference b/w two, they suggest ppl applying both in the am and pm, but it seems to me that they are just the same thing and I dont know which one I should apply first if I need to do both. They also preach the idea of layering (do they do so in Canada?), again, this confuses me too, coz while the A is universal, the C is for 40+, so, if someone is under 40, can they do the layering, or is that a recommended procudure? Of coz, I am under 40, but I was tempted to use the C cleanser and the cream .. I dont know... haha, just trying, sharing with mom ..but for the product like C resurfacing, I just left the entire thing to mom . ..hehe. I am just trying a little bit of this and that .. Very Happy

The first two or three days I used this line, I found redness and some kind of "irritation" appeared, but as I continued using it for some more days, these went away and it does improve my skin texture and overall appearance! I also like the A foundation that came with the kit (I dont like the color choice too but the foundation). It has wonderful staying power and consistency, it's also very light!

Overall, I am not sure, I do like some of the products this skincare line carries (I havent tried them all Very Happy ), they do have some good quality products.. but will need longer time to confirm. It would be better if they make it clearer which lines go with whom!
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Mon May 10, 2004 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not really into layering. Basic cleansing, serum or toner, fading treatment, then moisturizer and sunscreen. Once a week I'll do a major exfoliation and mask, and once a month I have a professional facial.

A-Force is a very concentrated serum with glycolic acid so you need very little for your entire face. A-Cream is the moisturizer to use after, but you could use a different one. The new A-Cream has SPF-15 but I haven't tried it yet. I use A-Force + A-Cream once in a while but if I get any zits the next day, I think it's from the A-Cream, because it's a richer moisturizer than what I normally use. And if my skin is at all red the next day, I think it's from the A-Force. But of course I could be wrong. They're good products but they don't make a dramatic difference to my skin because I've used glycolic and alpha hydroxy acids for years, and Cellex-C for a year so my skin texture is already quite good. I gave A-Force and A-Cream to a friend with dry skin and her skin texture dramatically improved. She's now using C-Cream day + night moisturizers and likes those too.

The women who own the company, Cecilia and Leesa (sp?), say you can pretty much do whatever works for you, including using different products if your skin changes with each season. Or using Vit A products in the morning, and Vit C products in the evening, or the reverse. The C cleanser isn't stripping or greasy so it's a nice change.

I'm over 40 but not dry or wrinkled so I always check the ingredients listed on all products recommended for "mature" skin because if it's too greasy I'll break out. But I can't use the type of products I did when I was younger because they strip my skin and make it tight.

Have fun with your products.
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2004 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I love the glycolic cleanser and the new reverse lift cream with agrifirm. I've tried many of the other products and they were just okay. For vitamin C products I saw more results with Skinceuticals Primacy C and for vitamin A products I liked TNS skin medica serum much better.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love the following products from Serious Skin Care:

-Daily Ritual Cleanser
-Gycolic Cleanser (my favourite cleanser until I discovered the Daily Ritual Cleanser)
-Continuously Clear Moisturizer
-Clarifying Treatment (couldn't use the Clearz-it due to the BP)
-Dry Lo
-Unplugged
-Glycolic Mask
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I really loved the Glycolic Cleanser and the Dry Lo. I had used some of the other products, but truthfully, never used the others long enough to make a good decision on their effectiveness. Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I stayed within the acne line. I find that they have way too many anti-aging products.
IMISS
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the detailed reviews,I have been thinking of buying the mineral make up kit with contains A and C products
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I really liked the Glycolic Cleanser too. I used to get it auto-shipped so ended up with quite a stockpile!
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the acne line way back when. I can't recall the exact names of the products I used, but it was the 5-piece acne kit.
This was toward the beginning of my discovery of the right facial routine during my teens. I found it did help with my acne, but nothing spectacular. Also, it might have been the mere fact that I was getting into a routine using products better than my sole spectrogel use alone.
When I starting trying proactiv, i was slightly reminded of the SSC line if that says anything.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |